View Poll Results: Would you sell a single egg for $50.000?

Voters
41. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

37 90.24%
  • No.

4 9.76%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm uh...quite positive they meant $50,000. It could be said as 50.000, it's technically correct still.

At least, I've definitely seen it done that way before, if anything it's just a mistype, the comma is literally right next to the period.
    I think it's a European thing to use the period instead of the comma.

I can't speak for myself, but my fiance considered doing it for the $5,000 they were offering. No idea why she backed out, it's a lot of money for less than a month's worth of treatments with room and board paid for as well. I'm sure she'd do it at the drop of a hat for $50K.

Lucky gals, my reproductive excretions are worth a great deal less. (Though I can produce them more often.)

We dudes tend to take more of the Wal-mart 'high-volume/low-price/low-quality' approach in that department.

(And 9/10 of us are just givin it away for free... Can you believe that? heh)
    ~RAWR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    If I were still 32, I'd do it. I'm 34 so I missed that oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a girl but if I was hell yes! I can go down to the corner store and buy a dozen eggs for 2.39! why wouldn't I sell onee for 50k? I'd take that 50k, go buy more eggs, then sell them all again! Not sure why I need to be a girl for this but whatever
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The egg "retrieval" has some risks. Can go into menopause early and your risk of getting uterine cancer is increased by two fold. And a few other not so nice things.

Fapping into a cup seems pretty easy.
    It's harder than it looks, sometimes it just won't come out the direction you expect! Might miss!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    I'm not a girl but if I was hell yes! I can go down to the corner store and buy a dozen eggs for 2.39! why wouldn't I sell onee for 50k? I'd take that 50k, go buy more eggs, then sell them all again! Not sure why I need to be a girl for this but whatever
    On the off chance you're not joking, they mean human eggs, the female version of sperm.

Deleted
    Early menopause, increased risk of cancer? Ok, I've changed my mind then. I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The egg "retrieval" has some risks. Can go into menopause early and your risk of getting uterine cancer is increased by two fold. And a few other not so nice things.

Fapping into a cup seems pretty easy.
    It is, hence the low price and high supply.

The amount offered women is very tempting and obviously takes the risk into account. I would probably take such a risk were I in that situation, especially if I were younger. A total of 6 sessions spread 3 months apart for up to 10k each session could set me ahead on my nest-egg by several years.

I know of folks who have done far riskier things in pursuit of that kind of money.
    ~RAWR!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Selling just 1 egg for $50000? I'm not a Woman but I'm damn sure if I was I would.

Hell they waste 12-13 of them a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    $20

... Can we have equality on this too? If girls get $50,000 I want $50,000, too.
    Nobody ever tells me I look pretty in a dress or tries to pinch my ass either

SEXISM!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Nobody ever tells me I look pretty in a dress or tries to pinch my ass either

SEXISM!!!!
    You want someone to pinch your ass? /triggered

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Selling just 1 egg for $50000? I'm not a Woman but I'm damn sure if I was I would.

Hell they waste 12-13 of them a year.
    I think the premise is supposed to be that the woman would feel bad about the egg being fertilised and growing into a person (ie her son/daughter) but her never meeting that person or knowing how their life went.

But of course men would do it, men are all amoral whores.

I mean, I know I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Early menopause, increased risk of cancer? Ok, I've changed my mind then. I wouldn't.
    Too late got your Nordic Genetics, can't have them back, He-Man is being created as we speak!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Havik View Post
    Lucky gals, my reproductive excretions are worth a great deal less. (Though I can produce them more often.)
    Are they? This whole thing is a hypothetical, I have no idea what price egg/sperm donations actually command.

I've heard that if you have good genetics your sperm/eggs would be in higher demand at fertility clinics. Could be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the premise is supposed to be that the woman would feel bad about the egg being fertilised and growing into a person (ie her son/daughter) but her never meeting that person or knowing how their life went.

But of course men would do it, men are all amoral whores.

I mean, I know I am.
    Damn People and their emotional attachments!

Deleted
    Are they? This whole thing is a hypothetical, I have no idea what price egg/sperm donations actually command.

I've heard that if you have good genetics your sperm/eggs would be in higher demand at fertility clinics. Could be wrong though.
    Even just having blonde hair makes it higher in demand in some places...

If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to do, yes. Provided I had
    all the children I wanted first. Then I won't need the extra eggs.

But again, giving up your eggs is not easy like a man doing His normal thing. Eggs are limited and lots of hormones are involved.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have children and would still do it. I don't know why not wanting to have children is a big factor to be honest. $50,000 is a lot of money and you're helping someone who cannot have children possibly be able to. I would have no attachment to an egg or a baby born from an egg that I had donated.
    (Kylan and Xanthe on Avalon, www.avalon-rpg.com, since 1996)