Assassination:

spam mutilate
    use envenon to dump cp's
    maintain rupture
    maintain envenom
    use vendetta as you see fit

Ummmm............../scratches head.

/irony mode off

yes, that was a bit over simplified but i hope you get the point.

On a slightly serious note, I prefer assassination simply because getting two or three cp's per mutilate is just more satisfying than one or two per SS.

There is, however, one issue that, while admittedly not commonly occurring these days, does require an assassination rogue to think on his feet. When fighting in front of a boss (again, not common but it happens sometimes), an envenom can be dodged. When this happens, 80% of your energy is refunded, you keep your cp's, and the envenom debuff is still applied to the boss. So there you are, with 5 cp's, probably a lot of energy since you had probably pooled, and a full debuff on the boss. What are your choices.

Envenom again. Rarely a good idea since you'll be clipping your previous envenom badly.

Rupture. Usually your best choice, unless your rupture has over 6 seconds remaining.

Let the debuff run out and continue to pool.

None of these choices is automatically the best one, and you usually don't have much time to decide.

Again, not a common occurence, but sometimes you find youself in the wrong position and it happens. Just mention this to point out that the spec actually has an element of complexity that the other specs don't have to deal with.
    Last edited by Blayke; 2015-05-05 at 11:24 PM.

Why not crimson tempest for the increased poison damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaite View Post
    Why not crimson tempest for the increased poison damage?
    Crimson Tempest really only becomes useful if there are about 5-6+ adds. So, rarely useful. It needs to do a lot more damage initially, if it's going to be the finisher of choice during AoE, or else eviscerate will continue to be the finisher.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Crimson Tempest really only becomes useful if there are about 5-6+ adds. So, rarely useful. It needs to do a lot more damage initially, if it's going to be the finisher of choice during AoE, or else eviscerate will continue to be the finisher.
    I was referring to the scenario described above if Envenom ever misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaite View Post
    I was referring to the scenario described above if Envenom ever misses.
    I would say that if you're really in the bind i described above, you're probably better off just clipping the envenom to the shortest extent possible, since clipping rupture is a waste and allowing yourself to energy cap is the ultimate no-no. I'm not sure CT hits hard enough to warrant using it on a single target.