Thread: Braces or no?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If its free and it bothers you that you have that gap then do it but as someone who had them for 4 years it was pure torture atleast for me

if its free go for it. if they can cover it you would be stupid not to get them done. the spacers (things they put between your teeth) tend to hurt the most, bracers dont really bother me that much. ive had them for 2 years when i was 16 till 18 and my teeth are great now.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    So the new job I start in late May has a pretty damn good insurance, it would actually pay for me to get braces.

My teeth are slightly crooked and I have a gap (Think Michael Strahan), but i'm wondering if the braces are worth it.

I'm gonna be 23 soon. Do adults even wear these? And then i'm not gonna be able to chew gum for a year..i'm not sure.
    Yes they are worth it.

I have seen adults with braces, its less common but they exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do it, might be embarrassing for a while, but it'll be sorted for the rest of your life. A lot of older people are now getting braces, do it. 20 years from now you'll probably regret not doing it.

So the new job I start in late May has a pretty damn good insurance, it would actually pay for me to get braces.

My teeth are slightly crooked and I have a gap (Think Michael Strahan), but i'm wondering if the braces are worth it.

I'm gonna be 23 soon. Do adults even wear these? And then i'm not gonna be able to chew gum for a year..i'm not sure.
    Free braces and it will fix your teeth sounded really good until the no gum part......

10+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to meet someone with braces. Odd.

I'd do it. It is normally worth it.
    Depending on the state of your teeth these braces needn't even be visible from the front.

Deleted

Up to you, but if you have dental issues that can be corrected (and yes, no reason braces cant be used by adults), and your work will pay, go for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.

I've seen a good chunk of adults with braces. If the gap bothers you, I would certainly go for it. The gap in my teeth (the same type) doesn't bother me, so I haven't addressed it.

It's times like these that I remember to be thankful I was born with naturally straight teeth. Also wishing that I had bothered to take care of them when I was younger.

10+ Year Old Account

Do it. 23 is super young in the grand scheme of things. If you consider typical life expectancy is around 80 years old, you have only lived a touch over 1/4 of your life.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Go for it, unless your issues are truly minor.

One of my science teachers in high school wore braces, I'm not sure her reason for it. One of my friends had chronic migraines, and wound up getting braces in hopes shifting things around might help.

It's not unheard of, but it'll feel more and more awkward for you the longer you wait. If you have any interest in it, I'd say get it done now. Even better, you're an adult so you aren't limited by what your parents are willing to pay - you can get'em the way you prefer them.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I've known a few folks that have gotten braces as adults - 3 of them colleagues at the same company.
    Worth looking into at least, I'd say, since the insurance will cover it.
    I would get braces myself as my teeth are a bit crooked, but apparently I'd need surgery on my jaw in order for them to be effective, so um... no thanks.
    I was told the same thing by a Dentist. Didn't want me to do braces because I need jaw surgery done first...

Cosmetic? Free? -> YES
    Cosmetic? Not Free? -> NO
    Not Cosmetic? -> YES

thats my text flow chart for ya

15+ Year Old Account
    I had braces when I was kid. Hated those. They broke down very often. The wire got severed from the band that was on the furthermost tooth in the back of my mouth. So the wire had to be cut and dulled by whatever means you got until the next appointment for the dentist to install a new wire.

The best part was when they broke in the middle of nowhere so my dad had to fix them using these tools:

PS. The band part is the most horrible and painful thing in braces. This thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

You won't be licking much beaver with bracers.

10+ Year Old Account
    mind the gap
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

All the time! My mail woman has braces and she's in her mid 40's! A couple people from work ages 24 - 38 have braces. I had braces when I was young. Around 17 and They are soooo worth it. Dude get them and now while you have the excellent coverage. You won't regret them at all. They'll be off in a couple years and you'll be incredibly happy.