0 0%
  • Not sure

0 0%
    Deleted

Poll: False Rape Accusations

How do you agree with this short video?

To me it sounds reasonable.

basically:
    - keep identitiys of accuser and accused anonym until a sentence is spoken.
    - not enough evidence = no one faces jailtime / nameshaming
    - enough evidence for a rape = jail for the rapist as usual
    - enough evidence for a false accusation = jailtime for the convicted false accuser

15+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, had to brace myself after seeing "MGTOW" in the title.

But yes, I do think the identity of the accused should be hidden until a sentence is reaches, for all major crimes. The stigma attached can ruin lives long before trial, and if found innocent it rarely get's much attention, so the damage is already done (and continues).

And I do think any false accusation, if proven, should be treated as any other very harmful crime.

Deleted
    Yes, identity of accused should be hidden and only ever revealed if there's a conviction.

We should really do this for all crimes because that's kind of what the presumption of innocence combined with an overzealous media demands.

By the way, I think there's some kind of error in your thread / poll title, it repeats the word poll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    We should really do this for all crimes because that's kind of what the presumption of innocence combined with an overzealous media demands.
    Definitely. Not only in case of alleged rapes, but for all crimes - especially the prejudgment by the media is a serious problem in a lot of cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Definitely. Not only in case of alleged rapes, but for all crimes - especially the prejudgment by the media is a serious problem in a lot of cases.
    Really sad the media shows a picture of the suspect, talks about what horrible things happened, maybe a anecdote of something similar and after 10 minutes of ranting a little "...ohh by the way the suspect is not convicted yet and could be innocent"

media speaks the social sentence long before the law does its job.

But Rape has this big stigma since the whole rapeculture thing, so that people can not think clear when they see a report on it.
    With all those bias studys the potential of false accusations does not even come to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yeah, I definitely agree with this.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP