Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Necroblight 1min+ dot

hope everyone is doing fine!

quick question for most of my fight here https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

i casted festerstrike as much as i possibly could. I had the necrotic plague ticking into almost 2 min i just wanted to know why i ranked so high when most necroblight guides tell you to equal dot time with unholy blight cd let dot fall off then recast UB.
    Im wondering if im doing it wrong when i actually ended up doing decent dmg.
    i pretty much use this on all fights where the initial necrotic plauge is the one thats still on and ticking at the end of fight.
    for runes i pretty much use FS once then 2 SS then i DC and repeat untill SR is up and i toss in SS when i have an extra rune to spare.
    looking for some good insight !
    thanks good day everyone !

I believe you should let Necrotic Plague fall off when Unholy Blight is about to go off CD. This is because Scourge Strike does more damage than Festering Strike and by extending the duration of Necrotic Plague to 2 minutes, as you said, you missed out on a lot of Scourge Strikes.

Basically, just find a balance between keeping the DoT up while putting in as much Scourge Strike attacks into your rotation as you possible can.

Someone else may give you better tips, as I rarely play Unholy and I main Blood instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did well because it's normal and you are the highest ilvl in your bracket, you don't need to play correctly to rank well.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Above is pretty much correct, I've hit 99th on my alt shaman on operator purely because my group ignored man of arms when I put pop healing tide and ascendance at the same time and another healer died. Normally that'd have been a big mistake and completely un-required healing but due to it been normal and the group not been very good it made it look as though I did very well. Also I can't see any real soul reaper misses on the boss? Maybe you could have got one more in? Soul reaper is basically the single most important spell when it comes to doing good dps on a Dk, you can screw up a other things but if you get that down you'll put out strong numbers (even though it was never cast on dogs or the add at the start).

If you want more info on how to play the class check out the website summoner stone and look a skullflowers guides, they're the best around

It's because of a bug on the dogs. If you extend NP to 2m and spread it as they die it keeps on ticking for 2mins on there invisible corpse. If you only have say 30seconds and spread on death it only ticks 30 seconds. Noticed this ages ago.

If you want to rank high on flame just make sure you have 2M NP and BB before dogs die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    It's because of a bug on the dogs. If you extend NP to 2m and spread it as they die it keeps on ticking for 2mins on there invisible corpse. If you only have say 30seconds and spread on death it only ticks 30 seconds. Noticed this ages ago.

If you want to rank high on flame just make sure you have 2M NP and BB before dogs die.
    Oh , same thing happens on kromog pillars I believe, ya that's an odd bug

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for input fellow dk's ill break that habbit of mine, i guess its just the old festerblight rotation in me lol!
    ill keep the required uptime on necrotic plague so it matches with UB and squeeze in more SS ! cheers

Exactly what Hugh Wattmate said. Been doing that myself since early BRF. Nice way to scum bag more dps on that fight.

As for Kromog just save all your cooldowns for first hand phase and top the dps. I reach well over 100k during that phase.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbattygal View Post
    Exactly what Hugh Wattmate said. Been doing that myself since early BRF. Nice way to scum bag more dps on that fight.

As for Kromog just save all your cooldowns for first hand phase and top the dps. I reach well over 100k during that phase.
    what do you pop on first hand phase? gargoyle pot trink?

Every single cooldown + pot in that phase. Dont use any cooldown at the start except for pre pot. save up runes for blood boil, unholy rune goes on death and decay. Stack up NP so it stays on all of the phase. been a while since i did it since we locked out Blackhand mythic for the kill. Sounds about right though. Plus doing it this way means your cd's are up for subsequent hand phases.

P.S. also again if i remember correctly i do pretty much the same thing on Flamebender. Funny seeing your dots tick under the floor.
    Last edited by Bigbattygal; 2015-05-05 at 11:09 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbattygal View Post
    Every single cooldown + pot in that phase. Dont use any cooldown at the start except for pre pot. save up runes for blood boil, unholy rune goes on death and decay. Stack up NP so it stays on all of the phase. been a while since i did it since we locked out Blackhand mythic for the kill. Sounds about right though. Plus doing it this way means your cd's are up for subsequent hand phases.

P.S. also again if i remember correctly i do pretty much the same thing on Flamebender. Funny seeing your dots tick under the floor.
    Tbh I had no idea about that bug until today Lol
    But I'll try what you suggested for kromog sounds fun !
    Do you pop army as well in that phase or beginning ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xfredo View Post
    Tbh I had no idea about that bug until today Lol
    But I'll try what you suggested for kromog sounds fun !
    Do you pop army as well in that phase or beginning ?
    Only pop army pre pull, never use army mid fight. Although, I wasn't aware of the NP thing also working on Kromog. Didn't think the damage ticked after they were dead. I know how it works on flamebender, but can someone else confirm Kromog hands taking damage AFTER they've gone down?

Quote Originally Posted by ohpocket View Post
    Only pop army pre pull, never use army mid fight. Although, I wasn't aware of the NP thing also working on Kromog. Didn't think the damage ticked after they were dead. I know how it works on flamebender, but can someone else confirm Kromog hands taking damage AFTER they've gone down?
    Here's the entire graph for the Stone Pillars' damage intake for my guild's kill last reset:

Here's a zoom into part after the clearly apparent damage dropoff around 1:44 into the fight:

As mentioned above, there's a distinct dropoff in damage around 1:44 when the last of the Stone Pillars retract and become untargetable, meaning (as can be seen in the zoom-in) they only receive damage from DoTs that were applied prior to their despawning.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohpocket View Post
    They aren't talking about the hands, the pillars that spawn on mythic.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    because flamebender

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    because flamebender
    Yeah recently found out about bug, I did grill properly this week and noticed a roughly 2k DPS gain not extending dot