Deleted

SV Hunter Question about Explosive Shot

Hi all,

I have a question about when I should be using explosive shot.

Currently I use it on CD but I let the 3 second DOT tick before casting it again. Is this the best way to do this?

I was in a raid yesterday and another hunter who was less geared then me (by 5 ilvls and only 2 tier pieces) was out dpsing me and their Explosive Shot damage was 35% of their damage. So I asked them how they use their Explosive Shot and they said they basically just use it as soon as it is available, meaning when Lock and Load procs they spam 2/3 Explosive Shots without worrying about the DOT.

Also, I am 688 with the 4 Piece, and when I hit with Explosive Shot it provides a 15% Multistrike Damage buff therefore surely trying to have this buff back to back is the best option instead of just spamming Explosive Shot as the buff doesn't appear to stack it just resets.

Anyway all advice is welcome. Thanks.

Explosive Shot rolls. When you reapply a new Explosive DoT the damage from the remaining ticks of the previous shot get spread into the new application.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    Explosive Shot rolls. When you reapply a new Explosive DoT the damage from the remaining ticks of the previous shot get spread into the new application.
    Ah thanks, so what you are saying is spam ES on CD? What about the 4 set pieces multistrike buff? That does not appear to stack.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonscott View Post
    Ah thanks, so what you are saying is spam ES on CD? What about the 4 set pieces multistrike buff? That does not appear to stack.
    Yes, like Nakuari explains the ES DoT with roll over into the new application, so spam ES on CD. The 4 piece buff does not stack, but each ES extends the duration; A LnL proc will give you an additional 9 seconds of the buff if you spam the ES back to back.
    Last edited by Painbows; 2015-05-04 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Painbows View Post
    Yes, like Nakuari explains the ES DoT with roll over into the new application, so spam ES on CD. The 4 piece buff does not stack, but each ES extends the duration; A LnL proc will give you an additional 9 seconds of the buff if you spam the ES back to back.
    Brilliant, thanks for the advice. Should add a few K to the dps hopefully.