Page 1 of 2
LastLast

save 600 item level gear for start 6.2 patch next season

blizz announced that 560-690 gear will scale to 690 in PVP at the start of the next patch.it's a huge slap in the face for those who grinded 660 PVP thru various methods. the 600 gear you receive from ashran, glad sanc workorders, and random BG, you may want to save since it will be equal to what is now BIS, but better...

what makes PVP 600 gear the sweet spot, it can be fully MOP enchanted, shoulder inscription, leg armor, belt buckle for gem.

level-95 PVE 600 gear from skyreach normal, even better, in that items can drop with socket slots at random, plus it takes all the enchants 600 PVP gear does. the 600 PVE gear with numerous overall sockets will be seriously strong at the season start
    Last edited by pinkz; 2015-05-04 at 06:29 PM.

Im not sure about the enchants but i dont think theyll work. Sockets dont work in arenas i thought either. Also, if they are making 690 the base item level, i was thinking that they would introduce a new honor gear that was in between 690 and the new conquest gear.

From the patch notes:
    Level 100 characters engaging in PvP combat now have the following gear changes.
    All gear between item levels 560 and 690 will now scale up to 690 in PvP combat.
    Non-PvP gear above item level 715 will scale down to 715 in PvP combat.
    PvP gear above item level 715 will not be capped in PvP combat.

Don't see what the big deal is? There is a new level of honor gear that will be higher than 690 that everyone will have within a couple of weeks anyway.

MOP and older enchants work on items 600 and lower, WOD gems work on items 600 and higher. gems do work in BGs including ashran, not sure about arenas
    Last edited by pinkz; 2015-05-04 at 06:30 PM.

I still don't understand what the issue is? Within weeks you will be wearing the new honor gear that is higher ilvl than 690 and none of this will be relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by rorian View Post
    I still don't understand what the issue is? Within weeks you will be wearing the new honor gear that is higher ilvl than 690 and none of this will be relevant...
    Weeks? It takes like a day or two if Ashran drops the new ilvl. I joined an Ashran even/main road group the second I dinged 100, two hours later, I had 9 blue PvP items equipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

100% agree. With how fast pvp gear comes this expansion, I don't see it being much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Weeks? It takes like a day or two if Ashran drops the new ilvl. I joined an Ashran even/main road group the second I dinged 100, two hours later, I had 9 blue PvP items equipped.
    I said weeks to be generous...I completely agree that it should be days if not hours lol

Deleted
    Issue is that they effectively kick everyone who got the PvP gear between the legs, take away the time/effort/enchants and force them to regrind effectively putting them on the same level as someone who just dinged 100. Heck if they don't regrind it, PvE gear is going to be initially better than their PvP gear, in PvP.

It's a bit as if you'd scale everyone up to mythic item level as soon as they visit a raid for no particular reason and add items of higher level quality to the new mythic dungeons that are higher item level than BRF Mythic. While scaling PvP gear to an even higher level initially.

I thought the new blue honor gear in 6.2 is 680 ilvl ...

and conquest - 705

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I thought the new blue honor gear in 6.2 is 680 ilvl ...

and conquest - 705
    those are the PVE iLevels of the gear.

Why would the new Honor gear be lower iLevel than every piece of gear would scale to? That makes zero sense.

It works like this:

All previous gear/PvE gear scales to 690
    Wild Aspirant's Gear - 700 (625 PvE) - green set, from strongboxes, glad sanctum
    Wild Combatant's Gear - 710 (680 PvE) - Honor set, from strongboxes, glad sanctum, Honor
    Wild Gladiator's Gear - 735 (705 PvE) - Conquest set, from Ashran strongbox (low chance), first 3 RBG wins, Conquest

It's not hard to grasp.

Considering that you can bank -at least- 11,350 Honor for the next season, + up to 36 Glad Sanctum Orders worth of chances at honor, CQ, and new gear...

you can have the full Honor set within MINUTES of patch 6.2 going live. If you stockpile Glad Sanctum rush orders (i already have 20 on each character) you will almost guaranteed have the full set within minutes. 120 work orders worth of Honor + 11k banked + 120 work orders worth of chances at Combatant's gear will almost assuredly = full set.

This is such a non-issue. Anyone saving 600 gear "for the start of the season" is being a fool. You can have the entire Honor set within minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    All previous gear/PvE gear scales to 690
    Wild Aspirant's Gear - 700 (625 PvE) - green set, from strongboxes, glad sanctum
    Wild Combatant's Gear - 710 (680 PvE) - Honor set, from strongboxes, glad sanctum, Honor
    Wild Gladiator's Gear - 735 (705 PvE) - Conquest set, from Ashran strongbox (low chance), first 3 RBG wins, Conquest
    hmm, what is the best/quickest way to farm conquest points asap for a conquest weapon at the start of a season ?

Deleted
    Oh noes this is as bad as swtor. All my pretty conquest gear vender trash /sob. I understand making it the new honor gear thats fine, but making it vender trash? Why doesnt Blizz want me to enjoy wow any more?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    hmm, what is the best/quickest way to farm conquest points asap for a conquest weapon at the start of a season ?
    get a high rbg/3s rating. then cap it in 2s/ashran.

I don't understand why everyone is freaking out. This is like the 16th season or something. After each season your gear from last season is now obsolete. This is not a new concept. It is no different than a raider doing tier 17 raids and then the tier 18 raids come out and they have to replace their gear. This is a game based on gear progression...

Even if you only got base conquest cap this season, you would have had full conquest gear for months before this next season starts...its time for new gear...

If this is the case it will be hotfixed in a day. But since you brought it up Blizzard is probably already aware.

I don't understand why everyone is freaking out. This is like the 16th season or something. After each season your gear from last season is now obsolete. This is not a new concept. It is no different than a raider doing tier 17 raids and then the tier 18 raids come out and they have to replace their gear. This is a game based on gear progression...

Even if you only got base conquest cap this season, you would have had full conquest gear for months before this next season starts...its time for new gear...
    My problem is that during the last few xpacs, conquest gear became the new honor gear. So after getting fully geared and enchanted during this season, you wouldn't have to regrind and re enchant new honor gear during the next. Just seems backwards. They are resetting your progress down to 0 again.

I'm used to the old conquest gear becoming honor gear, but the PVE scaling is new to me. From my understanding of the wording, all PVE gear that is 560-690 will scale up to 690 in PVP, but PVP gear will be unchanged. I'm getting close to a full set of honor gear. I believe it is iLvl 620 and scales to 660. If it is unchanged in 6.2, does that mean I'll need to vendor my honor gear and wear iLvl 560 PVE quest greens for an upgrade? That part I'm not used to. I could be understanding it wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I'm used to the old conquest gear becoming honor gear, but the PVE scaling is new to me. From my understanding of the wording, all PVE gear that is 560-690 will scale up to 690 in PVP, but PVP gear will be unchanged. I'm getting close to a full set of honor gear. I believe it is iLvl 620 and scales to 660. If it is unchanged in 6.2, does that mean I'll need to vendor my honor gear and wear iLvl 560 PVE quest greens for an upgrade? That part I'm not used to. I could be understanding it wrong though.
    No. Current honor gear will have a pvp ilvl of 690. Any gear between 560-690 will scale up to 690 in pvp, but there will also be a new honor set with a higher base ilvl and pvp ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    No. Current honor gear will have a pvp ilvl of 690. Any gear between 560-690 will scale up to 690 in pvp, but there will also be a new honor set with a higher base ilvl and pvp ilvl.
    That's good to hear. So it's pretty much business as usual with a PVE iLvl catch up. I can live with that.

The issue is min-maxing green stats, PVE blues allow certain classes to obtain a big stat advantage that is currently not available with the menu of 660 epics for Season 1

So like for my class, my best stats are Mastery/Crit. I cannot currently make a full set of Mastery/Crit 660. But when 6.2 drops, I can have a full set of Mastery/Crit that will be viable for the first week or two of the season while everyone is still gearing up