Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasc View Post
    The issue is min-maxing green stats, PVE blues allow certain classes to obtain a big stat advantage that is currently not available with the menu of 660 epics for Season 1

So like for my class, my best stats are Mastery/Crit. I cannot currently make a full set of Mastery/Crit 660. But when 6.2 drops, I can have a full set of Mastery/Crit that will be viable for the first week or two of the season while everyone is still gearing up
    I think youre forgetting about the 1-2 weeks in between seasons. If the new honor gear is released then, ppl will have it by the start of the season. If its not, the people who care will have a full set by the end of the first day. that 600 set is gonna be worthless compared to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I think youre forgetting about the 1-2 weeks in between seasons. If the new honor gear is released then, ppl will have it by the start of the season. If its not, the people who care will have a full set by the end of the first day. that 600 set is gonna be worthless compared to those people.
    Indeed, this system will be nice for freshly dinged players. Everyone else who cares about PvP will have the full honor set in the end of the first day it is out (Ashran kinda makes it easy).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rorian View Post
    I still don't understand what the issue is? Within weeks you will be wearing the new honor gear that is higher ilvl than 690 and none of this will be relevant...
    I know, this whole thread is a fail. Hell, how many seasons now has all the previous conquest gear become honor gear? It's like those people crying that it's a slap in the face because they farmed so hard for that conquest gear.

Seriously tho, if there is new honor gear people will be decked out in a day. I've heard the new honor gear scaled to 710 in PvP but I don't know if that is still in effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rorian View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is freaking out. This is like the 16th season or something. After each season your gear from last season is now obsolete. This is not a new concept. It is no different than a raider doing tier 17 raids and then the tier 18 raids come out and they have to replace their gear. This is a game based on gear progression...

Even if you only got base conquest cap this season, you would have had full conquest gear for months before this next season starts...its time for new gear...
    Their gear is replaced WITH the next raid tier, in our case the conquest gear should be replaced with the next conquest gear not with an arbitary honor grind in betwee. The raiders aren't forced to run dungeons anew for new gear solely because it's better than theirs before they start progressing once again.

And no, this isn't how it worked "every season", usually the conquest gear became the new honor gear i.e other people could catch up but you weren't forced to collect two entirely new gear sets at the start of a season. They tried to mix this up a few times and it did nothing but annoy and aggravate people and for good reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Weeks? It takes like a day or two if Ashran drops the new ilvl. I joined an Ashran even/main road group the second I dinged 100, two hours later, I had 9 blue PvP items equipped.
    ...Everyone else who cares about PvP will have the full honor set in the end of the first day it is out (Ashran kinda makes it easy).
    These kinds of results have to vary from server to server (or by time of day). I've been in Ashran for 2-3 hours a few times, and it hasn't came close to the kinds of results I get for losing BGs well enough to get a box drop. Still not complaining though. BG rewards are decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    These kinds of results have to vary from server to server (or by time of day). I've been in Ashran for 2-3 hours a few times, and it hasn't came close to the kinds of results I get for losing BGs well enough to get a box drop. Still not complaining though. BG rewards are decent.
    Artifact Fragments. they are a 3:1 honor turn in. There are almost 40 "treasures" on Ashran - hollow stump, adventurers pack, loose rock, etc (you can find a Tom Tom map for them) that each have 40-100 fragments.

Ride around the island, collect fragments, turn them in, make between 4500-10,000 honor an hour. Easy as pie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Their gear is replaced WITH the next raid tier, in our case the conquest gear should be replaced with the next conquest gear not with an arbitary honor grind in betwee.
    For one, this would have meant another repeat of Pandaria with PvP gear being FAAAAARRRRRRRRR behind PvE gear in iLevel. Math is hard. Secondly.. WHAT GRIND?

I 100% guarantee you i will have the entire new Honor set within MINUTES of patch 6.2 going live, and all it's taken to do that is about 2 hours of preparation in Ashran, and another 2-ish hours in Ashran the day before the patch goes live (maybe not even that long).

They tried to mix this up a few times and it did nothing but annoy and aggravate people and for good reasons.
    I wouldn't call people being whiny entitled tools a "good reason".

Ye as Kagthul mentioned, do PvE and get rewarded with PvP gear. Also, my server suck, but I use the group finder tool and there is always some group farming wins/events.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Ye as Kagthul mentioned, do PvE and get rewarded with PvP gear. Also, my server suck, but I use the group finder tool and there is always some group farming wins/events.
    There is no "Your Server". Ashran has been Region-wide (every US server plays against every US server) since 6.1 went live.

It spins up new instances as more people queue, and unless you use group finder, you simply get thrown into whatever instance has space when you queue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    For one, this would have meant another repeat of Pandaria with PvP gear being FAAAAARRRRRRRRR behind PvE gear in iLevel. Math is hard. Secondly.. WHAT GRIND?

I 100% guarantee you i will have the entire new Honor set within MINUTES of patch 6.2 going live, and all it's taken to do that is about 2 hours of preparation in Ashran, and another 2-ish hours in Ashran the day before the patch goes live (maybe not even that long).
    Yes because actually adjusting the already existing PvP gear to that level is obviously too hard. It's a problem they introduced in MoP when they chose to have four different modes of PvE raid gear leading to insane item level inflation. Seriously get your head out of your a**.
    I wouldn't call people being whiny entitled tools a "good reason".
    Yes, because being forced to go through something that is absolutely not fun in any kind of way for no other reason but them being unable to properly handle the item level distribution before you can get to what you actually want to do, something that would be outrageous if it happened in PvE i.e expecting raiders to once again do dungeons before they can do the next raid is obviously "entitled whiny tools". Really feels like you just crammed as many buzzwords into that insult as you could without even having a basic grasp on the situation.

Yes because actually adjusting the already existing PvP gear to that level is obviously too hard. It's a problem they introduced in MoP when they chose to have four different modes of PvE raid gear leading to insane item level inflation. Seriously get your head out of your a**.
    Im not the one with his head planted in his rectum. That smell? Look around pal.

Yes, because being forced to go through something that is absolutely not fun in any kind of way for no other reason but them being unable to properly handle the item level distribution before you can get to what you actually want to do,
    except, as i've illustrated twice now, in detail, and you've never bothered aknowledging because it makes your entire argument look stupid... If you're an avid PvPer there IS. NO. GRIND. You can have the entire set within MINUTES of the patch going live with NO GRINDING.

So you're complaining about something that DOES NOT EXIST.

something that would be outrageous if it happened in PvE i.e expecting raiders to once again do dungeons before they can do the next raid is obviously "entitled whiny tools".
    Maybe if your analogy weren't dumb as fuck. They DO have to start over. They have to start over on Normal mode raids, so they can gear up for Heroics, and then Mythic. MAYBE they skip Normals and do Heroics... but they have to grind that to get the items to do Mythic - which is what they want to be doing. And they have to do it every time. It's -exactly the same- as the "new" PvP system, you're just too stupid to realize it. (And, unlike the new PvP gear system.. there's quite literally no way to avoid it in raiding. You HAVE to get the iLevel to pass the gearchecks in mythic. Period. And the only way to get them is to grind the raid instance. Cant save up work orders, rush orders, bank tens of thousands of h onor.. nadda).

Really feels like you just crammed as many buzzwords into that insult as you could without even having a basic grasp on the situation.
    I'm not the one with no grasp of what is going on here, chuckles.

You like PvP so much (hell, im just a casual) ... then you will have the set with no grinding anything. Or youll continue to prove that you're completely ignorant. You probably also feel that Cancerbox matters. If that's the case? Welcome to ignore - you have quite literaly -nothing- intelligent to add.

Yes, because being forced to go through something that is absolutely not fun in any kind of way for no other reason but them being unable to properly handle the item level distribution before you can get to what you actually want to do, something that would be outrageous if it happened in PvE i.e expecting raiders to once again do dungeons before they can do the next raid is obviously "entitled whiny tools". Really feels like you just crammed as many buzzwords into that insult as you could without even having a basic grasp on the situation.
    How is it any different than raiders having to go through the normal -> heroic -> mythic progression every raid tier, or whatever the difficulty levels are called this week? Only the top <1% of raiders are going to make a mythic to mythic jump tier to tier. Someone might consider themselves a heroic or even mythic level raider, but that doesn't mean night 1 they are slaying dragons in the new mythic raid without grinding some of the new, better ilvl gear from the LFR/normal/heroic versions.

Or the years of this game when valor vendors existed that essentially forced raiders to go back and grind dungeons for valor to buy the highest ilvl gear to supplement their sets...but of course we will conveniently forget the 7 years of that. This is not a new concept. Welcome to a game that is based on gear progression. Go progress your gear.

Artifact Fragments. they are a 3:1 honor turn in. There are almost 40 "treasures" on Ashran - hollow stump, adventurers pack, loose rock, etc (you can find a Tom Tom map for them) that each have 40-100 fragments.

Ride around the island, collect fragments, turn them in, make between 4500-10,000 honor an hour. Easy as pie.

- - - Updated - - -
    I had no idea about these. I'm definitely going to try it. I might wait until 6.2 though, when I need a lot of honor. I imagine treasure pickups are a one time only deal like in the PVE Draenor zones.

Deleted
    Im not the one with his head planted in his rectum. That smell? Look around pal.

except, as i've illustrated twice now, in detail, and you've never bothered aknowledging because it makes your entire argument look stupid... If you're an avid PvPer there IS. NO. GRIND. You can have the entire set within MINUTES of the patch going live with NO GRINDING.

So you're complaining about something that DOES NOT EXIST.

Maybe if your analogy weren't dumb as fuck. They DO have to start over. They have to start over on Normal mode raids, so they can gear up for Heroics, and then Mythic. MAYBE they skip Normals and do Heroics... but they have to grind that to get the items to do Mythic - which is what they want to be doing. And they have to do it every time. It's -exactly the same- as the "new" PvP system, you're just too stupid to realize it. (And, unlike the new PvP gear system.. there's quite literally no way to avoid it in raiding. You HAVE to get the iLevel to pass the gearchecks in mythic. Period. And the only way to get them is to grind the raid instance. Cant save up work orders, rush orders, bank tens of thousands of h onor.. nadda).

I'm not the one with no grasp of what is going on here, chuckles.

You like PvP so much (hell, im just a casual) ... then you will have the set with no grinding anything. Or youll continue to prove that you're completely ignorant. You probably also feel that Cancerbox matters. If that's the case? Welcome to ignore - you have quite literaly -nothing- intelligent to add.
    Errrr no. Mythic raiders clear heroic once to unlock mythic mode. Then they progress on mythic bosses, while knocking off hc bosses for upgrade/fun/practise.

Much like pvpers GO STRAIGHT TO ARENAS FOR PROGRESS (for conquest gear) and then do bgs for fun/practise.

Its an apt comparison to compare arnea with mythic raids as its both of the 2 diff communties ultimate end game content by blizzards design. Recall as well the reason pvp gear sucks in pve is cos the raiders were complaining about having to do pvp to gear up. Well Im a pvper and I don't want to have to pve to gear up either!

for the last time ASHRAN ISNT FUN

I had no idea about these. I'm definitely going to try it. I might wait until 6.2 though, when I need a lot of honor. I imagine treasure pickups are a one time only deal like in the PVE Draenor zones.
    No, they respawn. Slow timer though, you can realistically only get them once or twice a day, and you wont ever get all of them as other people are picking them up.

Great thing about the new Ashran system though is that you can simply leave the instance you're in, un-queue, and re-queue and get into a new one and try again.

You can also artificially "bank" about 12,000 honor between seasons with this:

Cap your honor at 4k. Buy items to bring you back down (you can do this with Warlord Noctyn in Ashran itself without ever having to leave). Quickly get back to 4k honor, repeat. Get as many items as you can within 1:25 minutes or so. Then cap your honor one last time and cap out your artifact fragments.

Leave Ashran, log out. Dont log back in until after the patch goes live.

Walk over to the honor vendor, buy new gear. Sell some of the old gear back (if you're still within the 2 hour window, you get the HONOR back) and buy even more of the new gear. Repeat until the banked gear you had is gone, and then go into Ashran and turn in 1000 fragments for 3k more honor.

You can have the complete new set within just a few minutes of the patch going live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nightgerbil View Post
    Errrr no. Mythic raiders clear heroic once to unlock mythic mode. Then they progress on mythic bosses, while knocking off hc bosses for upgrade/fun/practise.
    No they dont. They quite literally CANT. You cant progress against mythic without high enough iLevel - too many of the bosses, particularly in modern WoW, are hard gear checks. As someone else posted, MAYBE a few guilds jump straight from Mythic > Mythic. sub-1%.

Its an apt comparison to compare arnea with mythic raids as its both of the 2 diff communties ultimate end game content by blizzards design.
    Except they arent. Unlike mythic gear, which you can get only by raiding.. i can get a full set of Conquest gear from literally any end-game PvP activity. So, argument is totally wrong on its face.

Recall as well the reason pvp gear sucks in pve is cos the raiders were complaining about having to do pvp to gear up. Well Im a pvper and I don't want to have to pve to gear up either!
    Good thing you dont have to, then.

for the last time ASHRAN ISNT FUN
    Great. Im not asking you to participate in it. In fact, all you have to do is ride around on a mount. For less than 2 hours. Edit: not that you need to do this. Bank Glad Santcum Orders. I figure by the time the patch goes live ill have over 50 on each character (i already have 20+ on three toons). Thats TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY work orders worth. Chances are high ill have the entire gear set right htere, without ever having to do anything else.

TLDR: Get over yourself. EVERYONE has to do activities that are part of the game they enjoy less than others. I'm sure you didnt want to spend a week leveling to 100 either. Boo-hoo.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2015-05-06 at 09:12 PM.

is there a fast way to get enough conquest for the conquest weapon same as that fragment gathering one for honor ?

Im not much of a PvPer at all, but I really want the 705 conquest weapon, cuz its probably the highest ilvl weapoin I can get outside of max stage craft

how long would it take to get the conquest weapon from scratch ? not having a group or much PvP experience .. can I start doing it now and save up or will I have to do everything in the new season to get the 705 weapon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    is there a fast way to get enough conquest for the conquest weapon same as that fragment gathering one for honor ?

Im not much of a PvPer at all, but I really want the 705 conquest weapon, cuz its probably the highest ilvl weapoin I can get outside of max stage craft

how long would it take to get the conquest weapon from scratch ? not having a group or much PvP experience .. can I start doing it now and save up or will I have to do everything in the new season to get the 705 weapon ?
    You have to earn 7200 or so Conquest Points that Season to be able to buy any weapon. So you have to wait for when the next season hits, and then just either AFK follow in Ashran (takes ages), buy an Arena boost, or get a friend to help you out by just doing a bunch of arenas and you'll win eventually.
    There isn't really any fast way to get it, if you wont get high rating asap, as that is the only way to increase your Conq Cap.

I see

well if it takes that long then Ill probably jus hope for a 700 ilvl weapon drop from mythic 5-man or maybe the baleful upgrade thing