Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Elite specialization theorycraft/speculation/discussion

I'll try to update this OP as info is released, but don't hold me to that.

Mesmer: Chronomancer
    Guardian: Dragonhunter
    Warrior: I've seen/read nothing concrete regarding warrior.
    Necromancer: Reaper
    Elementalist: Tempest, with current datamining hinting at main hand sword as new weapon
    Engineer: No idea on the name, but based on the HoT announcement trailer, hammer will be the weapon.
    Ranger: Druid, and staff as the weapon, per HoT announcement trailer.
    Thief: Same as warrior currently, haven't seen anything concrete.
    Revenant: I barely know much of revs to begin with.

General question I've been thinking but haven't seen an answer for: Will the new weapon combos require said specialization to be selected in order to use them? I would think and hope not, although I fully expect the elite profs to offer weapon perk traits (like reduced cd on weapon skills) for the new weapons.

Even though the elite professions are tied to HoT and it's release, who's to say there won't be more elite profs introduced in the future.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2015-05-14 at 03:13 PM.

Here's hoping for thief staff, to be ninjas.
    If that will be the case, my thief is totally my new main again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit View Post
    Here's hoping for thief staff, to be ninjas.
    If that will be the case, my thief is totally my new main again
    I heard some noise about being Rifle? Sorta like a Sniper. Theres plenty of these NPCs around especially Pact soldiers, right at the start of the first HoT zone shown in a livestream PoI.

There are some warrior npc using main hand pistol.and I think rytlok used one before he went rev.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    General question I've been thinking but haven't seen an answer for: Will the new weapon combos require said specialization to be selected in order to use them? I would think and hope not, although I fully expect the elite profs to offer weapon perk traits (like reduced cd on weapon skills) for the new weapons.

Even though the elite professions are tied to HoT and it's release, who's to say there won't be more elite profs introduced in the future.
    I'd have to go back and confirm but I'm pretty sure they said in one of the Specialization blog posts they posted a couple of weeks ago that you'll have to have the Elite specialization active to be able to use the new weapon. They've also said multiple places in multiple ways there will be more elite specializations down the road, just for right now they are doing one per class.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    There are some warrior npc using main hand pistol.and I think rytlok used one before he went rev.
    Rytlock was using it as an off hand. Totally forgot about that. Warriors already have a wide variety of weapons/abilities at their disposal, so pistol OH would not come as a shock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I'd have to go back and confirm but I'm pretty sure they said in one of the Specialization blog posts they posted a couple of weeks ago that you'll have to have the Elite specialization active to be able to use the new weapon. They've also said multiple places in multiple ways there will be more elite specializations down the road, just for right now they are doing one per class.
    Now that I had some time to look into it, it appears the elite specializations will be needed in order to equip the new weapons, at least based on how it is worded for Chronomancer:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Specialization

Gains access to time-themed abilities and may equip shields. Chronomancers can also make use of: Alacrity, which reduces skill recharge; clock-themed wells; and a fifth shatter skill, Continuum Split.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Guardian: Artwork revealed today depicts longbow equipped.
    Uh and giant angel type wings!
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Don't forget that, as a Charr he has access to a racial hidden pistol. I guess NPCs don't min/max

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Fun food for thought regarding ele tempest:

Seems easy to relate the word tempest to elementalist, since it's a form of weather/storm. But funny enough, that form of tempest isn't what I thought of when I first saw the name on the 4 hour specialization video the other day:

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Tempest...stige_Class%29

Not to mention one of the traits eles have is Tempest Defense. Also note that TD and ambidexterity are both not in effect if the character equips medium or heavy armor.

I almost wonder if we would be getting main AND off hand sword, but I think that would be overkill, since then that would give us a new OH to mix with dagger and scepter. Main hand sword alone will be fun (and it makes sense that masters of the elements get to wield Bolt).

I wonder what the Revenant spec will be? We know that they use melee weapons for ranged attacks (Such as the hammer), so I'm not sure where else they could go yet. Ofcourse, we've only seen a small part of what they can do and were still in development. Still curious as to what they could do with a spec for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I wonder what the Revenant spec will be? We know that they use melee weapons for ranged attacks (Such as the hammer), so I'm not sure where else they could go yet. Ofcourse, we've only seen a small part of what they can do and were still in development. Still curious as to what they could do with a spec for the class.
    That_Shaman data mined all the revenant weapons and stances. From the process of elimination it is suspected off hand dagger is the weapon for the spec.

That_Shaman data mined all the revenant weapons and stances. From the process of elimination it is suspected off hand dagger is the weapon for the spec.
    Sounds like some sort of magical assassin type who shadowsteps through the Mists or something.

Sounds like some sort of magical assassin type who shadowsteps through the Mists or something.
    Well hammer already does that. I'm hoping for the ritualist to make a return. Guardian, revenant, and ranger were the closest choices for such a thing. Revenant is my only hope and that is clearly going to be released last of the 9 proffesions.
    Last edited by zito; 2015-05-08 at 01:07 AM.

Hoping a Thief gets something like Shadow walk. More shadow stepping and invisibility, better ways to escape close combat. Rifle could be very possible.

Would like to see more death on the Necromancer end, not reviving creatures but becoming more "death". Like the Horsemen in GW1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like that sort of class. That mix between a Dark Knight and an Assassin, with Stealth options, dark magic and ability to wear Heavy armor. But i was hoping that off hand dagger was a regular weapon, so we could have Ritualist as the Elite Specialization.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thief, my current class, may get one of the followings:

Pirate: Rifle-based class. Sword damage is also increased.

Ninja: Greatsword (because motives). Invisibility and Critical Hits.

Scout: Long Bow. Mobility and Quickness.

Maybe something more? hmm

It's very unlikely they are going to give 2 professions the same weapon type. Necro and guardian are already getting gs and longbow

10+ Year Old Account

Just saw this on Facebook. Necromancer Elite specialization incoming.

oh shit oh shit oh shit

My main and both my alts gets their reveal first. Sweet.

Ok from that picture I'm going to call shouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post

Just saw this on Facebook. Necromancer Elite specialization incoming.
    Huh...I don't see it there currently. Maybe it got taken down? Nonetheless, good catch, and hopefully it functions as cool as it looks.

Leveling a necro right now and enjoying it thus far (33ish). Ultimately I'll have all the current classes at 80 and scroll/tome a rev there soon as I can.

As for a name...reaper? Too generic, I would say. Oh wait...DARGONHUNTAR.