Thread: Vol'jin in WoD

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Vol'jin's already made a foreign policy blunder (Legitimizing Jaina's insanity towards the Horde proper, in Warcrimes) and is continuing the manufacture of Mana-Bombs, which everyone was oh-so-angry that Garrosh used.
    I disagree that Vol'jin's missive to Jaina either legitimizes her conduct or serves as any kind of surrender or appeasement to the Alliance by proxy - it's basically one leader telling another "you've got reasons to be angry and those reasons are justified, but the one you're truly angry at lies imprisoned and awaiting justice even now" also adding a healthy dose of "you were a woman of peace once, and the world needs that now more than ever" guilt-tripping. I won't say it's a paragon of statecraft on Vol'jin's part, but it's a far cry from a blunder or a misstep.

As for the mana bomb thing? I don't think the existence or manufacture of mana bombs is a state secret of any kind - and I'm sure both the Alliance and Horde have equivalent devices at the ready. Theramore as an event was more about the use of the Focusing Iris, itself property of a neutral party, the Blue Dragonflight, to create what is effectively the Warcraft parallel to a WMD and then unleashing *that* on Theramore proper. It wasn't about the specific type of ordinance employed, but rather the sheer scale and destructive capability of said ordinance in a world not ready for war on that level (and in terms of escalation it was a huge jump from the relatively minor skirmishes that had come before it).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Genuinely disagreeing on this one (as I did so a lot of time ago) making clear no one is going to grasp on pitful excuses like "Garrosh did it! He did it all!" was kind a necessary thing to do, at least with Jaina.
    Considering the Horde, as it stands today, had very little involvement with the oh-so-terrible Mana Bomb, the Heart of Y'shaarj etc. It's not particularly wise to admit guilt, especially to an emotionally unstable, prominent leader in the other faction.

It's also incredibly hilarious saying that Jaina's insanity has been "legitimated" since that very letter contributed in lessening that insanity in the first place.
    Notice how that didn't happen when he was writing the letter. Also, the WoD legendary quest still clearly indicates that she's still fairly anti-Horde.

I suppose Vol'jin must just be able to see into the future (Ironically the things he's fucked up are the things he's actually had visions about).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I disagree that Vol'jin's missive to Jaina either legitimizes her conduct or serves as any kind of surrender or appeasement to the Alliance by proxy - it's basically one leader telling another "you've got reasons to be angry and those reasons are justified, but the one you're truly angry at lies imprisoned and awaiting justice even now" also adding a healthy dose of "you were a woman of peace once, and the world needs that now more than ever" guilt-tripping. I won't say it's a paragon of statecraft on Vol'jin's part, but it's a far cry from a blunder or a misstep.
    He neither stated nor implied that the world needs a "woman of peace, now more than ever." He simply acknowledged that she's no longer a pacifist. Furthermore, he blatantly states: "You got no blame or hate from me, no matter what you feel toward Garrosh -- or the Horde." (Warcrimes).

As for the mana bomb thing? I don't think the existence or manufacture of mana bombs is a state secret of any kind - and I'm sure both the Alliance and Horde have equivalent devices at the ready. Theramore as an event was more about the use of the Focusing Iris, itself property of a neutral party, the Blue Dragonflight, to create what is effectively the Warcraft parallel to a WMD and then unleashing *that* on Theramore proper. It wasn't about the specific type of ordinance employed, but rather the sheer scale and destructive capability of said ordinance in a world not ready for war on that level (and in terms of escalation it was a huge jump from the relatively minor skirmishes that had come before it).
    What a cop-out excuse. The Focusing Iris did not change the way the Mana Bomb worked on a fundamental level, it simply amplified its power. When the attack is criticized in the novels, the Focusing Iris is never the focal point of condemnation, nor is the hostility towards a neutral party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Considering the Horde, as it stands today, had very little involvement with the oh-so-terrible Mana Bomb, the Heart of Y'shaarj etc. It's not particularly wise to admit guilt, especially to an emotionally unstable, prominent leader in the other faction.
    But the Horde followed Garrosh anyway in most of what he did, the fact that they had personal or even obligated reasons for doing so is not an excuse that avoid responsibility. Not admit evident guilt and pretending you had nothing to do about does nothing but further validate someone's distrust.

Notice how that didn't happen when he was writing the letter.
    But it happened when she read it. Which means it worked as expected.

Also, the WoD legendary quest still clearly indicates that she's still fairly anti-Horde.
    We're talking of Horde members collaborating with Kirin Tor members and walking Kirin Tor ground, an organization that became Alliance-affiliated not long ago. Jaina saying "it's all perfectly okay!" would have been the old peacemonger Jaina, something she's (gladly) not anymore. Still, we're pretty far from the Jaina who wanted to dismantle the Horde and guess-worked about Horde backstabbing the Alliance when they just decided who was going to be the next Warchief. Even if she disagreed, she just left Khadgar doing his thing anyway with no consequences at all.

I suppose Vol'jin must just be able to see into the future.
    Ofcourse nowhere was wrote "100% success guaranteed". But what matters is that it worked as intended, which demonstrates it was a well-thought and decently wise decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Even if she disagreed, she just left Khadgar doing his thing anyway with no consequences at all.
    OFT

That might have something to do with the possibility of another purge, if she would really put her foot on the ground, there are many among the Kirin Tor who don't really trust her, especially since her relationship with Kalecgos, it could ignite another civil war among the Kirin Tor, with several magi taking Khadgars side.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the Horde followed Garrosh anyway in most of what he did, the fact that they had personal or even obligated reasons for doing so is not an excuse that avoid responsibility. Not admit evident guilt and pretending you had nothing to do about does nothing but further validate someone's distrust.
    The two biggest factors for Jaina's crazed state are the Bombing of Theramore, and abuse of Dalaran's "neutrality." How was the current Horde as a whole guilty for those two acts? Let's not be disingenuous and pretend she's ridiculously unhinged just because the Horde went to war.

But it happened when she read it. Which means it worked as expected.
    Is she, or is she not, still anti-Horde?

We're talking of Horde members collaborating with Kirin Tor members and walking Kirin Tor ground, an organization that became Alliance-affiliated not long ago. Jaina saying "it's all perfectly okay!" would have been the old peacemonger Jaina, something she's (gladly) not anymore. Still, we're pretty far from the Jaina who wanted to dismantle the Horde and guess-worked about Horde backstabbing the Alliance when they just decided who was going to be the next Warchief. Even if she disagreed, she just left Khadgar doing his thing anyway with no consequences at all.
    We're also talking about Horde members collaborating with Kirin Tor members, in the middle of a War where the "Draenor expedition" finds itself currently outgunned and outnumbered, by a force that poses a legitimate threat to Azeroth (inb4 Iron Horde lol memes).

She flat out admits that she doesn't want the Horde near "Kirin Tor business" despite the necessity of the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That might have something to do with the possibility of another purge, if she would really put her foot on the ground, there are many among the Kirin Tor who don't really trust her, especially since her relationship with Kalecgos, it could ignite another civil war among the Kirin Tor, with several magi taking Khadgars side.
    This wasn't an actual inner problem however, the Kirin Tor itself was already "purged" to begin with and random Horde members roaming in Kirin Tor grounds is not really Dalaran's internal affairs. The difference between this and the 5.1 is striking also for the fact that she imposed her sole will back then and kicked everyone's ass out of Dalaran, in this case she just voiced her own opinion, an opinion this time sustained by more people than just Jaina (according to what she said, at least) but despite having some solid support within the Council, she still left Khadgar take his own decisions.

Last but not least, she actually looks sane finally.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

there is a voljin in wod ???

thought he plays hearthstone with varian and some lazy blizz designers in their backyard.

This wasn't an actual inner problem however, the Kirin Tor itself was already "purged" to begin with and random Horde members roaming in Kirin Tor grounds is not really Dalaran's internal affairs. The difference between this and the 5.1 is striking also for the fact that she imposed her sole will back then and kicked everyone's ass out of Dalaran, in this case she just voiced her own opinion, an opinion this time sustained by more people than just Jaina (according to what she said, at least) but despite having some solid support within the Council, she still left Khadgar take his own decisions.
    Not really, I don't know why people assume the Kirin Tor are unified, far from it, there are cracks in their unity and not only horde are banned from Kirin tor grounds Alliance heroes aren't welcome either. Her opinion is fine, but if she had acted on it then it would have been a different matter, since she isn't all that trusted among the common Kirin tor, her imprisoning Khadgar, might cause massive outrage, which might be the reason she is so lax with Khadgar, knowing intervening would cause more harm, than leaving him be.

Last but not least, she actually looks sane finally.
    She was never insane, incredibly pissed yeah, but insane nope.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2015-05-04 at 11:20 PM.

Shattrath is infested with demons, besides there was no text or quest that was adressing said manabomb. I think you're reading too much into it.

Vol'Jin sometimes have a visions, but they're not satying in memory, they evaporate, and he don't even remember them. The only thing he failed was to counter Zalazane in time, but then again Vol'Jin was young troll that barely reached adulthood in Judgement. Give him a break, he had to deal with many things at once, he lost his father, he had to take over the burdens of being a chieftain, he had to get Loa's favours, he had to help founding Durotar, and and so on. and that was when he reached 17.

On the other hand your hero Garrosh was already above his 30ties when we ment him in Nagrand, he gave up on his people and saw no use in any action whatsoever. His biggest misery was that his daddy had bad fame. The moment he learned his father redeemed his people we het 180 degrees twist and he get overconfident and underestimates everyone and everything ending up in f*cking entire Horde.

Regarding Jaina is see absolutely no issue here and I fail to see your point. For me message was clear- to end stupid war asap, and not putting on risk any open conflict with Alliance after going through civil War. Now, that would be stupid to continue petty conflict Garrosh started, and the Horde was also to blame. Just like you don't put blame on Hitler only but on Nazis aswell. It takes a maturity to admit your faults. Something Garrosh never learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    there is a voljin in wod ???

thought he plays hearthstone with varian and some lazy blizz designers in their backyard.

Hehe ye that's what I joked about too. They knew WoD is gonna turn crap, so they decided to not got involved and play something that is actually nice.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Shattrath is infested with demons, besides there was no text or quest that was adressing said manabomb. I think you're reading too much into it.
    Considering mini manabombs were used by the sunreaver onslaught and the Kirin Tor we should say manabombs shouldn't be an issue,but should Vol'jin really have a problem the belves should do the same the forsaken did with the blight at one point, just ignore the warchief.

I, for one, am glad we're taking a break away from faction leaders. Pre-cata, there wasn't as much focus on faction leaders. Hell, one of them was even gone for a while. And we loved our leaders then. Thrall didn't get his hate until Cataclysm when he DID show up (and a lot). The less we see of them, the bigger the world(s) actually feel as well. They have shit they have to handle back in our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I, for one, am glad we're taking a break away from faction leaders. Pre-cata, there wasn't as much focus on faction leaders. Hell, one of them was even gone for a while. And we loved our leaders then. Thrall didn't get his hate until Cataclysm when he DID show up (and a lot). The less we see of them, the bigger the world(s) actually feel as well. They have shit they have to handle back in our world.
    Too much involvement can be a bad thing, but no involvement at all is even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe Shattrath was infested with Demons prior to the Iron Horde assault on the city. The Mana Bomb was present in Vol'jin's Pride, before and during, the Iron Horde assault.

For the record, just because it casts an unfavorable light on Vol'jin doesn't mean it's being read into too much.

Vol'Jin sometimes have a visions, but they're not satying in memory, they evaporate, and he don't even remember them. The only thing he failed was to counter Zalazane in time, but then again Vol'Jin was young troll that barely reached adulthood in Judgement. Give him a break, he had to deal with many things at once, he lost his father, he had to take over the burdens of being a chieftain, he had to get Loa's favours, he had to help founding Durotar, and and so on. and that was when he reached 17.
    Funny how, with all of those responsibilities, he was still able to recognize and name a race he had never seen before in-person, just from hearing a vague description of them.

On the other hand your hero Garrosh was already above his 30ties when we ment him in Nagrand, he gave up on his people and saw no use in any action whatsoever. His biggest misery was that his daddy had bad fame. The moment he learned his father redeemed his people we het 180 degrees twist and he get overconfident and underestimates everyone and everything ending up in f*cking entire Horde.
    Traitorous underlings helped "fuck up" the entire Horde. But OH LOOK! Again, it's the favorite tactic of Vol'jin supporters: The "B-but muh Garrosh!" argument.

Regarding Jaina is see absolutely no issue here and I fail to see your point. For me message was clear- to end stupid war asap, and not putting on risk any open conflict with Alliance after going through civil War. Now, that would be stupid to continue petty conflict Garrosh started, and the Horde was also to blame. Just like you don't put blame on Hitler only but on Nazis aswell. It takes a maturity to admit your faults. Something Garrosh never learned.
    The war was already ended, and the Horde really wasn't at risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    The two biggest factors for Jaina's crazed state are the Bombing of Theramore, and abuse of Dalaran's "neutrality." How was the current Horde as a whole guilty for those two acts? Let's not be disingenuous and pretend she's ridiculously unhinged just because the Horde went to war.
    The bombing of Theramore would have never been a thing if the Horde leaders didn't give their approval for the assault on Theramore in the first place, like Blood Elves obviously partecipated in the construction of the bomb. The abuse of Dalaran's "neutrality" was not brought forward by actual renegades like Thalen but from Blood Elves surely still members of the Horde. Hell, let's not forget Vol'jin himself would have been more happy in leaving the Divine Bell in Garrosh's hands than Alliance's.

In a way or another, the Horde supported Garrosh in achieve most of what he did, not just his Kor'kron. And while this doesn't mean they're "evulz", it doesn't white-wash their hands aswell from all the mess triggered by their very decisions and choices.

Is she, or is she not, still anti-Horde?
    She's not crazy against the Horde, which is more than enough. Pretending she was going to be all peace and rainbows again towards the Horde is stuff of fairytales.

We're also talking about Horde members collaborating with Kirin Tor members, in the middle of a War where the "Draenor expedition" finds itself currently outgunned and outnumbered, by a force that poses a legitimate threat to Azeroth (inb4 Iron Horde lol memes).

She flat out admits that she doesn't want the Horde near "Kirin Tor business" despite the necessity of the situation.
    But the Kirin Tor is not a neutral organization anymore. It's like saying is 100% legit for Alliance and Horde share informations of one another for the sake of defeating the Iron Horde. The Kirin Tor is not the Argent Crusade, is Alliance property now; I cannot say having reservations about it is crazy or particulary "anti-Horde", regardless of what I may think about it myself. Jaina also seemed to have people in the Council sustaining her views (unlike during the 5.1 in which she just went on berserk without giving a damn to anything) yet she just dissapeared away the moment Khadgar said "gtfo bitch".

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Not really, I don't know why people assume the Kirin Tor are unified, far from it, there are cracks in their unity and not only horde are banned from Kirin tor grounds Alliance heroes aren't welcome either. Her opinion is fine, but if she had acted on it then it would have been a different matter, since she isn't all that trusted among the common Kirin tor, her imprisoning Khadgar, might cause massive outrage, which might be the reason she is so lax with Khadgar, knowing intervening would cause more harm, than leaving him be.
    I never said the Kirin Tor is unified, I said the Kirin Tor already went through a "purge" that expelled all the Blood Elves already, all that remain within it is Alliance-affiliated members which shouldn't be concerned with the Horde in the first place. In fact, the Kirin Tor never cared much about the Horde, much more having Blood Elves within their ranks. Long story short, random Horde members expelled ("purge" is a strong word anyway, you weren't going to remove them from their very homes like Jaina did with the Sunreavers) from Kirin Tor grounds in some other alternate-planet would have hardly been of concern for the Kirin Tor as whole, unless Jaina wasn't going to punish Khadgar himself in some way, something she hardly had the intention to do since she doesn't really sounds insanely upset with him.

She was never insane, incredibly pissed yeah, but insane nope.
    "Insane" is a loose term to say "emotionally unstable", something she was beyond any doubt. In MoP had a constant bitter and angry tone regarding anything vaguely Horde-related, let alone the purge in the 5.1 was strongly emotionally-driven in the first place. Her wording and tone in WoD is peaceful and serene in comparison.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2015-05-04 at 11:42 PM.

I never said the Kirin Tor is unified, I said the Kirin Tor already went through a "purge" that expelled all the Blood Elves already, all that remain within it is Alliance-affiliated members which shouldn't be concerned with the Horde in the first place. In fact, the Kirin Tor never cared much about the Horde, much more having Blood Elves within their ranks.
    It was all about the horde, not only blood elves were purged, but rather the sunreavers, who were mostly blood elves but had different member races as well. The Kirin Tor still have blood elves in their ranks.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Magister_Krelas

Jaina wasn't going to punish Khadgar himself in some way, something she hardly had the intention to do since she doesn't really sounds insanely upset with him.
    Which could have several other implications, one she respects him obviously and she couldn't punish him even if she wanted to,since that could cause another rift among the Kirin tor similar to the sunreaver fiasco.

"Insane" is a loose term to say "emotionally unstable", something she was beyond any doubt. In MoP had a constant bitter and angry tone regarding anything vaguely Horde-related, let alone the purge in the 5.1 was strongly emotionally-driven in the first place. Her wording and tone in WoD is peaceful and serene in comparison.
    I really want a short story, in which she meets eye to eye with Rommath and the two of them have a "discussion". He'd certainly enjoy ripping open old wounds
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2015-05-04 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bombing of Theramore would have never been a thing if the Horde leaders didn't give their approval for the assault on Theramore in the first place, like Blood Elves obviously partecipated in the construction of the bomb. The abuse of Dalaran's "neutrality" was not brought forward by actual renegades like Thalen but from Blood Elves they surely still members of the Horde. Hell, let's not forget Vol'jin himself would have been more happy in leaving the Divine Bell in Garrosh's hands than Alliance's.
    The Horde members don't have the luxury of deciding whether or not they "approve." Hell, even your ridiculous interpretation of the Blood Oath obligates them to do that.

Furthermore, following along for the attack on Theramore, doesn't mean they mana-bombed the place. Hell, in Tides of War, Baine flat-out tells Garrosh that if he wishes the support of him [Baine], there must "never be another Theramore." I love how there's always a distinction drawn between attacking Theramore and Mana-bombing Theramore (used to condemn Garrosh), yet you're here arguing that supporting one implies support for the other.

In regards to the Blood Elves, Thalen made the bomb, you later note him as "renegade." You can't have it both ways.

Were the Blood Elves as a whole guilty for the abuse of Dalaran's neutrality? Yes or no?

On the topic of Vol'jin, whether or not he "would have" been more happy one way or the other is entirely irrelevant.

She's not crazy against the Horde, which is more than enough. Pretending she was going to be all peace and rainbows again towards the Horde is stuff of fairytales.
    Arbitrary distinctions aren't a good thing. I'm not expecting "peace and rainbows."

But the Kirin Tor is not a neutral organization anymore. It's like saying is 100% legit for Alliance and Horde share informations of one another for the sake of defeating the Iron Horde. The Kirin Tor is not the Argent Crusade, is Alliance property now; I cannot say having reservations about it is crazy or particulary "anti-Horde", regardless of what I may think about it myself. Jaina also seemed to have people in the Council sustaining her views (unlike during the 5.1 in which she just went on berserk without giving a damn to anything) yet she just dissapeared away the moment Khadgar said "gtfo bitch".
    No, the Kirin Tor is not a neutral organization; however, the Horde and Alliance are at peace, and they are fighting an enemy that threatens them both, surely you can see that Jaina holding grudges and placing Azeroth itself at risk is extraordinarily stupid on her part, and is fueled by her Anti-Horde views, right?

For the record, just because it casts an unfavorable light on Vol'jin doesn't mean it's being read into too much.
    It would be unfavorable if he or should I say the Horde that is on Draenor would do something with it that would be considered bad. But the fact is it was just laying there, nobody even mentioned it. Maybe it's the weapon saved for last resort for drastic unpredictable situation. We will never know because it was never adressed.

Funny how, with all of those responsibilities, he was still able to recognize and name a race he had never seen before in-person, just from hearing a vague description of them.
    Ever heard of subconcious? Or I don't know you had a dream of something but you somehow remember certain aspects from it. I for example still remember certain details of places I visited in my dream yet I never have been in said places. That is not anything weird.

Traitorous underlings helped "fuck up" the entire Horde. But OH LOOK! Again, it's the favorite tactic of Vol'jin supporters: The "B-but muh Garrosh!" argument.
    Oh you mean entire Horde? And sorry It was ineviteble, becuase you keep on bringing "failing" things while you seem to completely ignore that in comparision to Garrosh doings they were never fatal, and dreadful for the Horde. I'm sorry but I can't see how using Old Gods powers could bring anything Good not only for faction but Azeroth itself. And you did the exact same thing in other thread you dissed me for prefereing Vol'Jin even if it would be for the fact that he don't treat me(the player's character) like trash, but that doesn't only apply to him, Saurfang or Baine are also reasonable leader. But for me Baine is too Alliance friendly.

Anyway you keep on writing spiteful comments that are reaching to the level of obsession on Vol'Jin and his people are vile for putting Garrosh down. You accuse Garrosh attackers for not giving him enough credit, but you do exactly the same. Whenever there is something favourable to tell about your bias you twist it to your likings and misinterpret it.

The war was already ended, and the Horde really wasn't at risk.
    Not entierly, if there are unresolved things there is a danger War might continue. Vol'Jin had to confront Jaina about Dalaran. Besides I have no idea how do you think this isue should be adressed.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    He neither stated nor implied that the world needs a "woman of peace, now more than ever." He simply acknowledged that she's no longer a pacifist. Furthermore, he blatantly states: "You got no blame or hate from me, no matter what you feel toward Garrosh -- or the Horde." (Warcrimes).
    I felt it was implied, your mileage may of course vary. And the last line basically encapsulates what I said above: he doesn't blame Jaina for what she feels toward Garrosh and the Horde (under his watch). Dovetailing with the "woman of peace" line creates a cohesive context.

What a cop-out excuse. The Focusing Iris did not change the way the Mana Bomb worked on a fundamental level, it simply amplified its power. When the attack is criticized in the novels, the Focusing Iris is never the focal point of condemnation, nor is the hostility towards a neutral party.
    You know that a thermonuclear warhead has very little difference from a stick a dynamite with one of those old-timey plungers, it's just a matter of yield and sheer bloody swathes of destruction. "Use of mana bomb" kind of falls somewhat behind "decimating Theramore and dissolving its people into purple ash" on the scale of terrible acts of war. This is the same reason the fire-bombing of Dresden somewhat pales besides the specters of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in our history.

Humor aside, I know you detest Vol'jin for your own reasons and support Garrosh for similar reasons, and I'm not trying to make you feel differently. My main thrust is that Vol'jin, thus far, hasn't done much of anything to adequately judge his tenure as Warchief of the Horde, for better or worse. My personal verdict remains a neutral "meh," as opposed to loving or hating him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be unfavorable if he or should I say the Horde that is on Draenor would do something with it that would be considered bad. But the fact is it was just laying there, nobody even mentioned it. Maybe it's the weapon saved for last resort for drastic unpredictable situation. We will never know because it was never adressed.
    If: "Maybe this, maybe that" is your only defense, you probably don't have much of a defense. Laying there, implies that the Horde is currently producing them. And really, either they're okay to use, or they're not, which one is it?

Ever heard of subconcious? Or I don't know you had a dream of something but you somehow remember certain aspects from it. I for example still remember certain details of places I visited in my dream yet I never have been in said places. That is not anything weird.
    Which essentially invalidates your previous stance of: "He's just too busy to remember." You cannot have it both ways.

Oh you mean entire Horde? And sorry It was ineviteble, becuase you keep on bringing "failing" things while you seem to completely ignore that in comparision to Garrosh doings they were never fatal, and dreadful for the Horde.
    How is Garrosh relevant to this discussion? The only place you could arguably bring him in, is in regards to the mana-bomb bit.

Anyway you keep on writing spiteful comments that are reaching to the level of obsession on Vol'Jin and his people are vile for putting Garrosh down.
    My opinions of Garrosh are irrelevant to and independent of my opinions on Vol'jin. Sorry, but Garrosh isn't relevant to this discussion.

Not entierly, if there are unresolved things there is a danger War might continue. Vol'Jin had to confront Jaina about Dalaran. Besides I have no idea how do you think this isue should be adressed.
    "Continue" implies the War was still ongoing. It wasn't. There had already been discussions of territories etc. the war was over. Vol'jin did not have to confront Jaina about Dalaran, and ideally, that would've been the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Humor aside, I know you detest Vol'jin for your own reasons and support Garrosh for similar reasons, and I'm not trying to make you feel differently. My main thrust is that Vol'jin, thus far, hasn't done much of anything to adequately judge his tenure as Warchief of the Horde, for better or worse. My personal verdict remains a neutral "meh," as opposed to loving or hating him.
    Becuase he haven't done much, we don't get any news from Azeroth, and he only appears in 6.2.
    I think it was bound to expected that WoD is gonna be mostly a filler with no real progressive story, and that we can't expect any development on Vol'jin's part. I at least was ready for that ever since WoD was annouced, and we had some faint informations about story.

Disappointing, sure it is, but so is WoD's lore minus Arrakoa stuff.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria