10+ Year Old Account

Valve Tease, Evil Tease, Black Mesa site appears.

http://www.bmrf.us/

(Turn your sound down, your ears can thank me later)

It's a Black Mesa evacuation order for the area of new mexico, there's also another site that cropped up http://www.blackmesasource.com/
    And there's now also a blackmesa steam workshop page.

Obviously people are going crazy and expecting this to be half life 3, what i really think it's not looking at the site it appears to be the half life remake release on steam.

While neat for them to promote it also rather cruel seeing how people are waiting on half life 3.

Isn't Black Mesa a mod for HL2 to remakes HL1?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a mod afaik, just a complete remake of the first game in the Source engine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Isn't Black Mesa a mod for HL2 to remakes HL1?
    Hence me pointing out it being a remake of hl1, yes it is simply using the source engine for hl1 a rather large team of volunteers worked on it and looking at the workshop page it's just going to be that.

Wonder if valve did them a service or disservice by promoting it. Seeing you have the herd believing it may be hl3.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone believing it's Half-Life 3 after going to blackmesasource.com is just being incredibly naive, the site literally says it's a re-envisioning of the first game in Source engine.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    my hype for hl3 ended when i graduated high school 6 years ago lol
    im pretty bitter about it
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Mesa Source has been in public development since before Half Life 2 Episode 2 was even released.

It's something that I used to keep myself updated on years ago but it took forever for them to release a tangible product.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I first played HL1.. that moment when a Headcrab jumped out of a ventilation shaft I was supposed to go in; my ceiling still has a hole in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Black Mesa Source has been in public development since before Half Life 2 Episode 2 was even released.

It's something that I used to keep myself updated on years ago but it took forever for them to release a tangible product.
    pretty sure the lead dev commited suicide and slowed down the product. I remember helping a artist friend who was working on it years ago.

but yeh everyone should know by now valve doesnt make games anymore. They just find a way to nickle and dime people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, isn't this game was out year ago? I definitely remember playing black mesa source.

Anyone who is still waiting HL3 should follow this account on twitter https://twitter.com/ishl3outyet
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Not really a mod afaik, just a complete remake of the first game in the Source engine
    Last time i checked it, there was no Xen part, so i would not dare to call it complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a nice nostalgia trip. Might pick it up after release, in discount.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Wasnt this free before?