Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jewelcrafting in 6.2 and How to unlock the new gems?

I just caught this picture tweeted from WoWhead, and was wondering if anyone knows if the modules are able to be sold via the AH, or if we will have to run mythic dungeons ourselves to obtain them?

A lot of people aren't going to like this, but...

http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=39176/m...adite#comments

JCers are going to need to jump through hoops to get some of the recipes. Bizarre. And modules are BoP.

....Are they serious?

Mastery gem via Brawler's Guild, lovely.

I suppose sockets will be 100% chance again? Otherwise Blizzard might just kill JC.

And I love how versatility doesn't need anything. Blizzard basically admitting it sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    I suppose sockets will be 100% chance again? Otherwise Blizzard might just kill JC.

And I love how versatility doesn't need anything. Blizzard basically admitting it sucks.
    +Vers gets better with the higher gear and stats you have. It's pretty much a "Do more" amplifier that people enjoyed in SoO via the trinket. Once you start getting to your caps (100% multistrike) (% haste to hit gcds) etc etc, versatility will start to get better because each spell will hit for % more damage every time.

Edit: It's not saying that it will be best stat by any means, but to say it's complete shit is arrogant.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Deleted
    Looks like no one will have Mastery gems then. While the other 5 gems are all faceroll easy to get, what a farce.

I love this idea, wouldn't mind it implemented to all proffessions.
    People cry there is nothing to do outside of garrison and raiding, and when they give you reason to go out, they bitch about it. WoW community in a nutshell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    People cry there is nothing to do outside of garrison and raiding, and when they give you reason to go out, they bitch about it. WoW community in a nutshell.
    Yeah I like this one. Maybe the Brawlers' Guild isn't the best one but I guess running a few mythic dungeons won't hurt anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Looks like no one will have Mastery gems then. While the other 5 gems are all faceroll easy to get, what a farce.
    pray tell, whats so hard about brawlers guild again?
    my gemcutting retribution paladin facerolled to the epic follower in 625-630 gear?
    never bothered to go farther, did most of the brawlers guild in mop however.

On the lower pop servers you might be able to make bank with this gating, sort of like how JC dailies used to function in Wrath/Cata. Nothing on there looks too difficult though, but yeah, hard to foresee too many alts pumping out Mastery gems with the Brawler guild requirement.

Going to drop my enchanters for JC right now. Rip temporal crystal price

I don't mind those locks, but I can understand that people that are not so much into leveling and use their level 90 JC or their <600ilvl alt for their gems are not so happy about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    pray tell, whats so hard about brawlers guild again?
    my gemcutting retribution paladin facerolled to the epic follower in 625-630 gear?
    never bothered to go farther, did most of the brawlers guild in mop however.
    Well, the hardest thing will be that there will be 192 gemcutters from all the realms standing at the fighting pit waiting for their turn. So better do it now, yet it will be not so fun for the people then.

Yep, do Brawler Guild now. You get Meatball as a follower at rank 5 for whatever that's worth. The place gets nerfed heavily with gear, and you can use Group Finder realm hopping

This gives the "I've nothing to do", but ffs, I got alts for professions for a reason... now my JC alt is 615ilvl
    How I'm supposed to do mythic dungeons with that... it's tedious enough to level them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yep, do Brawler Guild now. You get Meatball as a follower at rank 5 for whatever that's worth. The place gets nerfed heavily with gear, and you can use Group Finder realm hopping
    Brawlers is X-Realm. Hoppping does nothing.
    I've tried that this patch, still seeing same people from different realms around me.

This is great already started saving up greater mastery gems so I can rape the wallets of raiders and wannabes come the epic gems, this makes it in even more expensive.

Having to work for recipes and not by raiding is absolutely fantastic if you ask me. Love it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I remember they had a tailor cloak pattern that you got from completing all quests in wotlk. It took ages, but made me rich both from quests and then finally having the pattern and being able to sell the crafted items. And it was only tailors that had a pattern to be received like that.
    However I wish they would implement more things like that, get a receipt that takes quite some effort to get but will pay off once received.

Deleted
    Don't see prob tbh :P Easy peasy.

Deleted
    If they want to keep that beyond ridiculous Mastery gem requirement they have to balance all the other gems to take about the same amount of effort, otherwise this is inacceptable.

Something like this:

Gemcutter Module: Versatility dropped by Blackhand on Heroic in Blackrock Foundry
    Gemcutter Module: Critical Strike dropped by Shadow-Lord Iskar on Mythic in Hellfire Citadel
    Gemcutter Module: Haste dropped by High Sage Viryx on Mythic in Skyreach - requires the completion of achievement Challenge Warlord: Gold
    Gemcutter Module: Mastery sold at the Brawler's Guild - requires Bizmo's Brawlpub Rank 6
    Gemcutter Module: Multistrike sold by any of the Arakkoa Apexis Traders in Stormshield (next to the bonus roll quest giver outside the AH) - costs 300,000g and 150,000 Apexis Crystals
    Gemcutter Module: Stamina dropped by Rukhmar, a world boss found in Spires of Arak - only drops if there are no more than 10 players engaged with him at any point of the encounter
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2015-05-06 at 11:39 PM.

This is stupid as hell. Why add them if they are going to be incredibly difficult to obtain/incredibly expensive.