Deleted

[Balance] Mythic Blackhand, looking for some pointers

Blackhand is closing up with the guild having downed furnace on mythic. I'm a less good balance druid, looking for pointers for blackhand. I've done my best trying to analyze the encounter as well as looked at Babyjaces youtube guide along with some povs. Is there any advice you better druids can give me? In terms of maximizing dps whilst dealing with the balconies?

Deleted
    Well there isn't much to maximize on a single target fight.
    Not moving too much maybe the only thing there.
    Rest depends on tactic/balcony cycle.
    I had to go up on smash 3 and 6.
    To get my CA up for the 6th smash i had to cast some wraths in lunar, bc of faster casts.

Personally I prefer BoP, I would NOT suggest it though, but personally I find no single target difference (on BH that is, if there is no movement whatsoever and no adds, then there is certainly some difference.) and it certainly helps up on the balconies, while still doing damage to the boss, while I found it easy to optimize during p1 when it comes to movement, doesn't seem to affect me much if I get inoppurtune marks either(in p1 that is).
    as for the first balcony, stand on the left side of the room (in the back left seems most reliable, and flap up on the first balcony, throw up a few rejuvs on fellow balcony clearers, depending on how many you are up there, right when they spawn cast of a sunfire, you should've precasted starfall by this point also. We have a lock up there on the first one so I don't do more than sunfire + starfall and jump down, dot up siege + single target BH (he still has full dots on him due to BoP).

working to optimize your movement dps is also very important, now I have no clue how your stand still dps is even so perhaps you could improve there too.

Deleted
    Using Euphoria over BoP bc of this:

- more single target p1 (if you struggle on dmg there)

- if you have to go up like me on 3rd and 6th, you can use inc+ca for the first one and you will be able to get ca ready for 6th
    just need to starfall dot everything up and then u can jump down needs like 5-6 seconds to be up there -> more dmg on boss

Dont think about flapping on the first balcony if you have a hunter and a lock. They clear the wave in like 2 gcds. Would be a waste of boss dmg.

You can only get a dmg boost out of BoP:

- if you slack on balconys (e.g. no cooldowns)
    - if you mess up by moving too much

Well but on a fight like bh everything depends much on your guilds overall skill, your personal skill, your guilds tactic and your guilds setup.

Deleted
    Euphoria over BoP, no doubt. BoP is a huge single target loss, and clearing balconies should never be a problem. I solo a double add spawn (half of them are veterans when I go up, rest spawn while I'm up there) with euphoria without problems. You shouldn't waste time flapping to the first balcony, better to let other classes do it (or if you really wanna do it, go up on first smash instead of flapping).

Make sure to keep dots on siege tanks in p2, try to time movement with dot refreshing/SS casts. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Euphoria over BoP, no doubt. BoP is a huge single target loss, and clearing balconies should never be a problem. I solo a double add spawn (half of them are veterans when I go up, rest spawn while I'm up there) with euphoria without problems. You shouldn't waste time flapping to the first balcony, better to let other classes do it (or if you really wanna do it, go up on first smash instead of flapping).

Make sure to keep dots on siege tanks in p2, try to time movement with dot refreshing/SS casts. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    Ye you should really just be using a warlock for this, he can solo it easily.

For the love of god don't use bop on this fight please. I question your ability to dress yourself in the morning if you think bop is good on any difficulty of blackhand, especially mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by kranq View Post
    Using Euphoria over BoP bc of this:

- more single target p1 (if you struggle on dmg there)

- if you have to go up like me on 3rd and 6th, you can use inc+ca for the first one and you will be able to get ca ready for 6th
    just need to starfall dot everything up and then u can jump down needs like 5-6 seconds to be up there -> more dmg on boss

Dont think about flapping on the first balcony if you have a hunter and a lock. They clear the wave in like 2 gcds. Would be a waste of boss dmg.

You can only get a dmg boost out of BoP:

- if you slack on balconys (e.g. no cooldowns)
    - if you mess up by moving too much

Well but on a fight like bh everything depends much on your guilds overall skill, your personal skill, your guilds tactic and your guilds setup.
    I can't have CA up for the 4th balcony because it's already used on 2nd and there simply isn't enough time to get it up with only one balcony in the middle, it might've been possible if you consider no movement at all and 1 sec wrath casts, (2nd, 4th and 6th) thus for the balcony it is a dps increase, it doesn't hurt movement by a lot in p1, also for blackhand dps it helps a lot because the dots don't drop off blackhand this isn't about movement, but about being able to dps blackhand while being up on the balcony, also for 2+ target cleave which is most of p2 (which is argueably the hardest part of the fight.) Also our lock, while probably able to solo the balcony, he only gets them to 20-ish% with 2 chaos waves (if HoG is better please tell me.) so throwing out a sunfire to handle the last 20% should not be an issue.

For p1 my damage is about just the same as the other boomie using euphoria and having like 7 mastery gems more than me, while I only have one haste gem (resto is my main if you wonder why I use haste gem.) Eitherway damage in p1 is not an issue. As for p3 sure it can be a dps loss, but there is also quite the chance of dying, and having 1+ min sunfire and moonfire dots ticking for 10% more can off put the dps loss.

@Gapezilla I don't really get why you would post your statement as it implies that anyone choosing BoP over euphoria on the fight would be an autist or something, which just seems like a baseless statement that even if it were true would not really discredit the hypothesis at all. And yes obviously I know it is controversial which is why I said that I am NOT suggesting it, and choose to discuss it instead.
    Last edited by theburned; 2015-05-06 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    There's not much to discuss, most of your points make no sense. Your dots shouldn't run out on the boss while you are on the balcony. BoP suffers way more from the movement on blackhand than Euphoria does (you can always time burst for when standing still and instant casts for movement). It isn't ever going to beat Euphoria in phase 2 on boss/siege unless you are padding. Unless you plan to die 1 min. before the boss dies in p3 the 10% extra dot dmg is never going to come even close to Euphoria's dmg in p3.

The only argument for taking BoP over Euphoria is extra balcony dps, but as I already mentioned that shouldn't be an issue. Btw, if you are using BoP and beating a boomkin using Euphoria on single target dps that other boomkin is pretty dire.