Deleted

Hindu faked being black to get into medical school

Vijay Chokal-Ingam says that he posed as a black man years ago to get into medical school and that the experience opened his eyes to what he calls the hypocrisy of affirmative action.

On his website, AlmostBlack.com, Chokal-Ingam says he hatched the plan in 1998 after realizing in college that his grades weren't going to be good enough to get into med school as an Indian-American.

"So, I shaved my head, trimmed my long Indian eyelashes, and applied to medical school as a black man," he wrote on the website. "My change in appearance was so startling that my own fraternity brothers didn't recognize me at first."

He says he joined an organization for black students and applied to schools using his middle name, JoJo.

He says it worked. Despite a relatively mediocre 3.1 college grade-point average and a good-but-not-great score of 31 on the Medical College Admission Test, Chokal-Ingam claims he was wooed by several top medical schools.

He even posts documents on his website to bolster his claims, including an enthusiastic letter from a dean at the Emory University School of Medicine congratulating him on his "excellent scores" on the MCAT.

Well this brings back memories http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091991/ haahahhha

Deleted
    But positive discrimination is a good thing right?

In before white people start "blacking up" and men start identifying as women to get jobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Well this brings back memories http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091991/ haahahhha
    Was thinking of that. Ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Not this stupid topic again:

Some facts:

1) He never applied to the school he got into as Asian
    2) He met science gpa standards
    3) He met MCAT requirements

If you have a lower overall GPA but a high science GPA and meet the MCAT requirements (or exceed them a bit) it's not shocking to get into some school, especially if you apply to a school that has lower GPA and MCAT requirements than other schools you applied to.

This guy is saying it's all AA yet he meets the bloody requirements and never applied as Asian to truly know it was only because he pretended to be black. The school said that he met their requirements and that's why they picked him.