PC powers up but won't boot

Hello everyone,
    I am currently having a problem with my PC. It is powering up along with, the GPU, HDD, fans, everything powers up when I give power to my PC. However, it won't boot or enter POST, basically nothing is being displayed on the monitor. The PC stays powered up for ~5 seconds and then loses all power for ~2 seconds. It will then keep repeating this until I power down the PC.

This issue happens EVERY TIME I unplug / plug something to the mother board. Even if it is simply fans. I have been dealing with this issue since I had gotten this PC. Usually, I clear the CMOS by pressing the Clear CMOS button on the back of the PC to then reset the BIOS settings, usually after doing this everything will work as it should. However, the problem this time is that I am unable to fix this problem by resetting the BIOS settings and I can't get my PC to boot, even after clearing the CMOS. I have tried clearing the CMOS with the button, and even with the battery of the mother board (by putting it on the opposite side for 5 seconds and then inserting it back in the right position), however I have been having no luck.

TLDR Version - PC powers up without booting, then powers down and then it keeps repeating, as if I'm stuck in a loop.

Motherboard - MSI Z68A-GD65 B3
    RAM - 2x Corsair Vengeance 4GB
    GPU - Radeon HD 6950
    PSU - Corsair GS800 - 800W
    Operating System - Windows 7

UPDATE

Have just removed the GPU, Optical Disk Drive, Hard Disk, and all my Fans. The computer is still doing the same thing where it powers for a few seconds and then powers off, and repeats. I am guessing that the PSU is at fault here.

UPDATE 2

Tried the paper-clip test with my PSU. It seems to be working great. I'm out of ideas to try now, any suggestions are welcome.

FINAL UPDATE

I have successfully got it to work with Lathais' suggestion. I started the PC with 1 RAM and it didn't work, I then put that same RAM into another socket and then the PC stayed powered on, booted successfully and I am now at my desktop. Both RAMs are fine, it seems the RAM socket was the issue.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2015-05-05 at 02:51 PM.

Ensure RAM and all power cords are properly seated and all the way in. What you are describing generally happens if the RAM is not all the way in or the CPU Power cord is a little loose. If you still have problems, remove one piece of RAM and see if it boots with just one. If still no luck, swap the RAM. If it still does not work, try some other RAM if you have some around. After that, if still having issues, maybe try removing the GPU and using the on-board and see if that works. Check back after taking those steps.

My friends PC was doing the exact same thing and it turned out he had faulty RAM. After he brought it over and I figured that out, I lent him some RAM I had while he did an RMA on his. When he took it home it started doing the same thing and apparently during transportation the CPU Power cord came slightly undone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Ensure RAM and all power cords are properly seated and all the way in. What you are describing generally happens if the RAM is not all the way in or the CPU Power cord is a little loose. If you still have problems, remove one piece of RAM and see if it boots with just one. If still no luck, swap the RAM. If it still does not work, try some other RAM if you have some around. After that, if still having issues, maybe try removing the GPU and using the on-board and see if that works. Check back after taking those steps.

My friends PC was doing the exact same thing and it turned out he had faulty RAM. After he brought it over and I figured that out, I lent him some RAM I had while he did an RMA on his. When he took it home it started doing the same thing and apparently during transportation the CPU Power cord came slightly undone.
    Have done some progress! Will report back soon my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Lathais. It seems my problem was not the RAM itself but one of the sockets that takes in the RAM, it must have been damaged somehow. My computer has successfully booted and it is now working. I truly appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Have done some progress! Will report back soon my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Lathais. It seems my problem was not the RAM itself but one of the sockets that takes in the RAM, it must have been damaged somehow. My computer has successfully booted and it is now working. I truly appreciate your help.
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. If one of the ports is bad, you can always consider RMAing the board. Most parts have a 2-3 year warranty on them, some lifetime if you register, though that's usually PSUs. It leaves you without a PC for a little while, but leaves you the option of more RAM in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. If one of the ports is bad, you can always consider RMAing the board. Most parts have a 2-3 year warranty on them, some lifetime if you register, though that's usually PSUs. It leaves you without a PC for a little while, but leaves you the option of more RAM in the future.
    I'm fine with the total amount of RAM I have currently, I still have 3 that function properly so I can always add a decent amount of RAM in the remaining port. Thanks for the suggestion though!