Critique my high end build.

I have not build a computer in about eight years and its time to upgrade. I've had good luck with EVGA products and am leaning toward sticking with them. I'm looking for reliability and stability and not something that needs to be tinkered with a lot. I've never overclocked a cpu or graphics card and feel a bit uncomfortable doing so. Anyway, here it is:

Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75930K Desktop Processor

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4-19200) Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C15Q-32GRR

EVGA X99 FTW (150-HE-E997-KR) LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 10 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 12G-P4-2992-KR GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB 384-Bit PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Superclocked Video Card

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm

SAMSUNG 850 EVO MZ-75E500B/AM 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

CORSAIR HXi HX850i CP-9020073-NA 850W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Power Supply

Acer XB270HU bprz Black 27'' 144Hz WQHD G-SYNC Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor IPS 350 cd/m2 1,000:1

let me know what you think....

Question though...Do I need to buy some artic silver thermal paste for the cpu cooler or is there some pre applied and should I use that?

Deleted
    Can't critique a build when we don't really know it's intended use.

• Budget
    • Resolution
    • Games / Settings Desired
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    • Country
    • Parts that can be reused
    • Do you need an OS?
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Can't critique a build when we don't really know it's intended use.

• Budget
    • Resolution
    • Games / Settings Desired
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    • Country
    • Parts that can be reused
    • Do you need an OS?
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    Its a gaming machine. I've never played GTA5, but would like to. I'm also looking forward to the new Dead Island 2 game next year. Playing WoW as well. I'm hoping the system will last me 5 years.

Deleted
    would be nice to answer all the questions, most importantly budget and location. For gaming you are on the wrong platform, one reason more cause you don't overclock.

Quote Originally Posted by flare65 View Post
    Its a gaming machine. I've never played GTA5, but would like to. I'm also looking forward to the new Dead Island 2 game next year. Playing WoW as well. I'm hoping the system will last me 5 years.
    If it is a gaming build, you have gone way way overboard. Still, without know all the other stuff in the sticky, can not help. Budget, Desired Resolution(current monitor or do you have budget for new?), Games you covered, but not desired settings, Country you are in, so we can see what parts are available there, what you currently have to see if any of it can be reused or if upgrading will really give you worthwhile benefits. OS? Peripherals? Need to know if you need those things to calculate them into the budget.

The sticky is not there for no reason. We did not ask you to fill it out for no reason. Without this information, we can not help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    If it is a gaming build, you have gone way way overboard. Still, without know all the other stuff in the sticky, can not help. Budget, Desired Resolution(current monitor or do you have budget for new?), Games you covered, but not desired settings, Country you are in, so we can see what parts are available there, what you currently have to see if any of it can be reused or if upgrading will really give you worthwhile benefits. OS? Peripherals? Need to know if you need those things to calculate them into the budget.

The sticky is not there for no reason. We did not ask you to fill it out for no reason. Without this information, we can not help you.

Sorry I was not very descriptive. Thank you for taking the time to review my post. Here is some more info:

Its a gaming build that should last me a while....4-5 years.
    Budget is very open as I've saved quite some time to do this build. I can spend upwards of around $3,500 or so. I'm in the USA and virtually all the parts will be ordered from newegg's website.

This build will be for a whole new rig. Nothing will be carried over from my current machine. I've listed the monitor that I plan to buy above in my original post. I still need to decide on a keyboard and case, but those items shouldn't really effect performance/speed of the system. I have a brand new Razor Naga mouse that I will use. I'll be purchasing a fresh OEM copy of Windows 8 64-bit for the OS

The main function of this build will be for gaming, browsing the web, and the infrequent Excel or Word document. No photo editing, web design, movie making etc.

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: EVGA Z97 FTW ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($158.44 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Kingston Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($111.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Crucial BX100 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($179.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card ($544.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($83.98 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($13.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($102.98 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Acer XB270HU bprz 144Hz 27.0" Monitor ($799.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $2471.31
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-05 18:41 EDT-0400

There are equally good part that will cost you less but isn't from EVGA but since that's what you preferred that's what I went with, they do have excellent warranty.

I used Amazon and Newegg, you might be able to get some of the Amazon parts from Newegg but you can mess with that.

Deleted
    So much Evga fanboism

A few other case options nesodes Enthoo Pro (cool case), Corsair 450D, Fractal Design R5, The Nzxt H440 update is available as Noctis 450 seems nice if you like it.