Thread: feral question

feral question

Just freshly dinged 100. And using my druid as strictly pvp.

Going to gear him with feral, and have a talents question. Is CoS the best choice for lvl 100 talent?

I should also say, strictly doing randoms and RBGs, not arena. Seems like both others could be better?

Either a dmg boost pretty much after every finishing move lol or a ranged attack that build combo pts. Or am i missing that 5% vers and staying in cat for for heals and clone is way better?

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherD87 View Post
    Just freshly dinged 100. And using my druid as strictly pvp.

Going to gear him with feral, and have a talents question. Is CoS the best choice for lvl 100 talent?

I should also say, strictly doing randoms and RBGs, not arena. Seems like both others could be better?

Either a dmg boost pretty much after every finishing move lol or a ranged attack that build combo pts. Or am i missing that 5% vers and staying in cat for for heals and clone is way better?
    CoS tend to be the best choice, PS proc that gives you BT charges can be dispeled (and a lot of times is more efficient to use roots), LI damage isn't that great unless you are hitting two targets and the damage reduction from CoS is always welcome (ferals ate very squishy, specially when stunned / dispelled).

I don't play RBG, so I can't tell you for sure. What I would do is going CoS at first to get the feeling of how the game plays, if you are rarely focused and is mostly doing PVE rotation then going the other talents might be better.

Borrowing the thread, is it ok to use Savagery glyph in PVP? Feels annoying to keep using it, and well.. 10% less is not THAT bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Borrowing the thread, is it ok to use Savagery glyph in PVP? Feels annoying to keep using it, and well.. 10% less is not THAT bad.
    the problem is in pvp you only kill with burst. That glyph is nice in pve and espec for leveling cos lets face it 10% less damage but you get more F bites so kinda balances sorta. but thats looking at a fight that might last through 15-20 combo points worth. where you just got 4 fbs in instead of 3. The reality of pvp though is very different, your not running around shredding and keep up the bleeds. Your coming out of stealth (glyphed 30 sec savage roar), putting them straight into a stun lock then popping all the things as you spam shred/shred/shred/shred/bite/shred/shred/etc/etc. 10% less in THIS circumstance? yes yes it is really bad. Its might be the difference between a kill and you getting counter stunned and blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    No, because you use the Savage Roar glyph already.
    You need the 30% more damage and thanks to that glyph you rarely have to hardcast it.
    If you can open from stealth you'll get a free 5cp one to start with, while using your cds (implying you use Incarnation, because it's....really good) you get constant 5cp roars for free, so only when you have longer constant fights w/o restealthing you need to actually cast it.
    And even then you only lose one (+10%) bite in comparison to using the glyph, while all of your stuff gets a 30% higher damage bonus.

I agree that it does feel kinda "meh" to refresh it though, especially with our lower regen compared to e.g. rogues and them refreshing SnD.
    If it were better than Incarnation then Soul of the Forest would probably fix that, but alas, it isn't. ^^

Very true.. Gonna try with that glyph thankss

Also, like i said just bg and rbgs, would it be best to stack mastery for spreading my bleeds? Or vers for more survivability

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherD87 View Post
    Also, like i said just bg and rbgs, would it be best to stack mastery for spreading my bleeds? Or vers for more survivability
    You know how I told you in my above post that you kill with your burst? that your sustained damage/bleeds isnt that meaningful cos it will get healed through in an arena? nice v a hunter or rogue in a bg but not worth much? if they have healers around your wasting your time.

Also ferals are squishy and can use all the help they can get. Theres a reason Blizz gated all our vers pvp gear behind the stupid ashran rep grind.

Gotcha, well im lovibg feral pvp. Even with only 3 pieces of gear, most randoms i never have a problem killing people in full blue pvp gear, now full epics give me a h7fe problem lol. But ferals insainly fun