Deleted

Getting back into WoW

Since when SoO came out last expansion I have been dipping in and out of my subscription to WoW. I hadn't really been established in a guild during this time and most of the people I used to raid with and social with had quit the game.

Lately I keep seeing videos and news for 6.2 and everything and I have an urge to come back, but as we all know WoW is far more enjoyable in a social atmosphere. Guilds we're a big source of my enjoyment for playing, especially during the time I was part of a pretty steady HC raiding guild in Wrath and Cata (of which 80% of those people no longer play, sadly).

So here is my question: What tips do people have for someone coming back to the game? From finding a new guild of people to getting up to a level where I can start to raiding BRF Norm/HC and move on from there

I don't really want to buy some more gametime and spend most of it leveling an alt, sitting in my garrison or running around Org. From what of WoD I have played I worked my boomkin up to 644 ilvl.

TL;DR: tips on finding a new decent guild and getting up to a level to raid in BRF with said guild or w/e

Thanks all

Aw man I wish I could help ya with your questions, but luckly for me when I came back to the game a long time raider friend of mine formed a new guild and said I had a spot waiting for me. You are right this game is nothing without the social aspect (at least for me it isn't). My only real suggestion is go through the realm forums and look for guilds forming and looking for members. Make a lvl 1 toon on that server and kind of test things out. Don't make the jump with a character unless you know the feel is right.

If you have found a guild to take you in, maybe ask to join one of their raids one night on your boomkin. Nothing is worse then finding a guild only to realize their raids are completely different from what you expected.
    Signature made by Gamelol-MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Droxo View Post
    So here is my question: What tips do people have for someone coming back to the game? From finding a new guild of people to getting up to a level where I can start to raiding BRF Norm/HC and move on from there TL;DR: tips on finding a new decent guild and getting up to a level to raid in BRF with said guild or w/e
    Smart person, figuring out how to enjoy yourself if you do come back. I would suggest picking a large, active realm in whatever faction you prefer. (I normally suggest PvE for levelling, because PvP realms are full of "my 100 can pop your 40 like a soap bubble" world "PvP", but whatever floats your boat.)

Proudmoore-US-A is good, for example, but there are plenty of solid choices. realmpop, wowprogress, etc, can help figure out what you want to go with. Then find a social or raiding guild on there. We have lots of recruitment activity in /2, blizzard forums, etc, on Proudmore for groups at various levels of progress.

This is a great time to try, btw, since many raid teams are hitting their peak and moving on to a combination of "farm normal/heroic" and progression on the next tier up, so you will be more likely to be able to get a gear funnel, and start contributing meaningfully. Getting crafted upgrades, etc, for catch-up, and 6.2 mythic dungeons, will also make this easier.

So, yeah, grab whatever guild, work toward their raid team and join in on activities or alt runs. There really isn't much trick to it beyond the basics.