Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

enhancement in wod

hello, im considering coming back to wow for some time and i feel like rolling a shaman, more specifically enhancement

hows enhancement doing in wod ? what dps does it usually have in pve raids (i know there is some website to check that but i forgot the name) and how is it doing in pvp ?

what does shaman have in general now that other classes dont have ? and i dont mean just totems
    since cata all classes got standarized, like bloodlust has been given to mages and stuff like that. what is unique to this class ?

can they still use 2h ?

what would be the best race choice for enh for pve and for pvp separately ?
    Last edited by Proskill; 2015-05-05 at 11:26 PM.

Pve, only good for aoe sustained, one of the worst spec for single target.

Pvp under average, just a purge machine for 3vs3 comps.

What does shaman have in general now that other classes dont have ? We have shitty off heals, there is no good reason to have enhancement on raid, whatever we do another clase can do better.

can they still use 2h ? Nop

what would be the best race choice for enh for pve and for pvp separately ? you probably don't want to plat enhance now.

Field Marshal RagequitTheShaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mained Enhance from the beginning of Cata until I quit say 6 months ago. Now I'm not going to be a doomsayer or be one of THOSE people, but the reason I quit(yes I know reroll, shut up)was because of the way blizzard treated Shamans, more specifically Enhance. Before we were viable for not only our utility but also for our damage output(from a strictly enhance point of view, Resto is still good if memory serves me) MoP, at least in my opinion, was the start of the downfall for Enhance Shamans, we lost a lot of our totems and a lot of our Raid utility, we still had some things like Ancestral Guidance and a few other cool talents and abilities that made us "good". I played through MoP as Enhance and didn't get much done as I had school and other real life things I had to take care of, I still tried to get as far into every Raid as I could even being behind in gear and experience but my DPS was on level or higher than most others even with lack of gear, while I didn't like it 100%, it was still a class I could enjoy to play.

When WoD rolled around I thought OK, less buttons, I like buttons but whatever. OK less utility, well I'll make it work. We're low on the meters? Well I'll just have to work harder I'm fine with that, what really made me quit was how they absolutely gutted the class and the spec, now I didn't play Shaman before Cata so I can't speak with tons of experience, but of the few years I played Enhance and had it strictly as my main with a few alts to the side, by far my favorite class, I liked the micromanaging it wasn't too bad but kept me busy, and the buttons just kept me on my toes for what I had to do and when. But now it's a shell of its former self, Enhance just doesn't feel right with a lot of the buttons being removed and 90% of our Raid utility(minus AoE of course because Fire Nova is what I pray to every night) was taken away from us.

Personally I no longer like the spec much but it's still ahead of every other spec in terms of enjoyment in the game, which I have tried...thoroughly. I think until Blizzard makes some very big revamps to the spec it's just not as good as other specs right now in a raiding or PvP environment, we're basically a weaker, melee version of a Hunter. All other classes have the utility that we used to bring and can do more than us on the charts. I would say to go try a different spec, Ele is always fun even if it is just a few buttons, I will always have a love-hate relationship with Resto, and there are other classes/specs out there which you might like better.

I think you should leave Enhance for last on the testing of whether to play or not, it's just not something that can be enjoyable.
    Last edited by RagequitTheShaman; 2015-05-06 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RagequitTheShaman View Post
    I mained Enhance from the beginning of Cata until I quit say 6 months ago. Now I'm not going to be a doomsayer or be one of THOSE people, but the reason I quit(yes I know reroll, shut up)was because of the way blizzard treated Shamans, more specifically Enhance. Before we were viable for not only our utility but also for our damage output(from a strictly enhance point of view, Resto is still good if memory serves me) MoP, at least in my opinion, was the start of the downfall for Enhance Shamans, we lost a lot of our totems and a lot of our Raid utility, we still had some things like Ancestral Guidance and a few other cool talents and abilities that made us "good". I played through MoP as Enhance and didn't get much done as I had school and other real life things I had to take care of, I still tried to get as far into every Raid as I could even being behind in gear and experience but my DPS was on level or higher than most others even with lack of gear, while I didn't like it 100%, it was still a class I could enjoy to play.

When WoD rolled around I thought OK, less buttons, I like buttons but whatever. OK less utility, well I'll make it work. We're low on the meters? Well I'll just have to work harder I'm fine with that, what really made me quit was how they absolutely gutted the class and the spec, now I didn't play Shaman before Cata so I can't speak with tons of experience, but of the few years I played Enhance and had it strictly as my main with a few alts to the side, by far my favorite class, I liked the micromanaging it wasn't too bad but kept me busy, and the buttons just kept me on my toes for what I had to do and when. But now it's a shell of its former self, Enhance just doesn't feel right with a lot of the buttons being removed and 90% of our Raid utility(minus AoE of course because Fire Nova is what I pray to every night) was taken away from us.

Personally I no longer like the spec much but it's still ahead of every other spec in terms of enjoyment in the game, which I have tried...thoroughly. I think until Blizzard makes some very big revamps to the spec it's just not as good as other specs right now in a raiding or PvP environment, we're basically a weaker, melee version of a Hunter. All other classes have the utility that we used to bring and can do more than us on the charts. I would say to go try a different spec, Ele is always fun even if it is just a few buttons, I will always have a love-hate relationship with Resto, and there are other classes/specs out there which you might like better.

I think you should leave Enhance for last on the testing of whether to play or not, it's just not something that can be enjoyable.
    Enhancement didnt have buttons taken away except a very small few and its more button mashy than previously because of the haste buff.
    Our utility is down though yeah from MoP and they nerfed things but buttons being removed? No its needed atm and complaining about the lack of buttons as enh is false because we did not get touched in WoD...

and enh was way worse off in cata than in WoD just fyi.

10+ Year Old Account
    are you saying enh can no longer wield sulfuras ? :O

Deleted
    Dps shamans have sucked at everything since the end of vanilla, and they continue to suck in wod.

Shaman. Shaman never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    are you saying enh can no longer wield sulfuras ? :O
    You can wield Sulfuras, but you can't use stormstrike with a twohander. So 2h is dead for enhancement.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats the story with windfury weapon ? how does it look currently ? i know it was changed in wotlk for passive melee haste which made it very dull.

They only changed the windfury totem. The weapon buff was unaffected. But right now it does almost no damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post
    Pve, only good for aoe sustained, one of the worst spec for single target.

there is no good reason to have enhancement on raid, whatever we do another clase can do better.
    If you time your cooldowns well and don't just always use them the moment they come off cooldown you'll do a lot better than sims tell you.
    Just look at the fightlength and consider your uptime. Adjust your talents and cooldowns accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by -NeuroN- View Post

there is no good reason to have enhancement on raid, whatever we do another clase can do better.
    That substained aoe is still pretty damn nice to have for most fights, even the cleave ones.

All cooldowns saved up for last phase of Maiden M, we have the highest burst at that moment when it's actually needed.

Versatile melee with good movement and most ranged uptime where other melee classes have none.

We can stand at the ranged camp at Blackhand M P1 to avoid mines or nuke Sorka while she's being pulled away for the dash without losing too much damage.

I know how manage cooldowns, enhan single target is only good on short fights.

Actually mages can do better sustained dmg. That's why blizzard will remove fox and amplify magic, there are classes that have top tier dps and raid utility.

Yes we can save cds for last face on maidens M and have a good burst, but not the best, i am pretty sure WW monk, warriors and arcane mages can do more.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just ask everyone to up their DPS so you can kill the boss in 3 minutes.

Deleted
    Let's just complain about 5+ min single target fights and ignore everything else.

i like the enhancer class. i think you have to spam those buttons but at the end the result is not very satisfying. you have a ton of skill that does dmg when you look at your skada. i like the class but it could do 15% more dmg overall. same with ret, but less buttons!
    Last edited by siccora; 2015-05-07 at 08:16 AM.
    13/13

Monk

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demos89 View Post
    Let's just complain about 5+ min single target fights and ignore everything else.
    Yeah theres not to many of them around. 5 minutes + where boss DPS matters, naaaaah.

Deleted
    Being the lowest in total damage] really doesnt matter on M Maidens when you consistently do one of the highest bursts on noth boats, which are the important dps checks. That, combined with the fact grounding totem seems to be a bit buggy (seems to need the shaman near the totem as well as the blood ritual target sometimes) and the fact you can ground all necessary blood rituals with just the one shaman means there's definitely reasons to bring an enh shaman along.
    8/10 and at this rate I'm only going to be benched for Blackhand (at least that's what I'm expecting)

Deleted
    we can use 2h's
    but cant use our spells / skills with it.
    gg blizzard.
    great troll.

Deleted
    I started wow back in vanilla, and after some months starting out as rogue, I started a shaman and have played him all the way to and throughout wotlk. I have been annoyed with the "quality" of development blizz deemed us being worthy off for quite a while, and was already annoyed by the way things went during wotlk beta. Enh turned out decent though back then, if you go by shaman design prior and following wotlk though (imo). As I witnessed the (to me) unsatifactory way things were going towards during cata beta, I resolved to quit. I let myself be fooled into purchasing cata anyway though after first enh feedback being benevolent), only to have my subscription run out soon after, helped by blizzard's shower of shaman nerfs during early cata (silence nerf was part of it).

After ~1.5 months of WoD, I came back to the game, and out of pure habit (maining a spec for...6years or so takes atoll on you) leveled enh up first, despite the knowledge of development the spec went through during my off-time. Needless to say, I didn't have much fun with the spec, and was caught in a state of indecision for several weeks, spending my time on old achievements, mount runs and what else, but not raids (oooh, the pathetic ST damage) or torturing pvp.

I finally resolved to play my hunter alt, came to love it, found a guild who's killed Blackhand heroic (dunno if mythic's on the horizon anytime soon though, but I dont particularly crave it either, I am content just raiding earnestly, and feel rewarded by my efforts)...
    ...and I haven't missed my enh...at all

After all these years, being loyal tot he spec, loving it's theme (bad ass in furs and chains, with axe and warhammer, fire and lightning, wolves at my side....), "fighting" for it's interests on these forum's here (yes, this isn't my original account, I cannot access it somehow, but haven't felt an urge enough yet to create a second account, as I had rerolled)...
    ...I simply no longer care.

This comes from someone who has mained the spec since vanilla, quit because of it's lack of attention and continued to post throughout cata and mop on it's behalf:
    I'm not gonna tell you what to play, but save yourself the inconviences playing it. If you're good in the spec (which takes more effort than many other specs), you might just about be able to put out decent numbers, but not comparable to easier specs performing better.

Shaman are terribly designed on a dozen levels. The stinking pile of terrible development has accumulated over years, and blizz only every now and then clears (if at all) a teensy tiny amount that doesn't even cover the recent crap.

-Totems are a sin blizz likes to delve in every now and then. No longer needed for buffs and being essentially cooldowns, they not only retained almost all their disadvantages from vanilla, which is completely unreasonable; blizz nerfed them further, and likes to think of them as our defining mechanic (their most recent post concerning shamans concern's about the state of the class).

And what is now in the blue posts? StoneBulwark get's its hp reduced from 10% char hp down to 5hp, like the other totems. It's weak already, no one takes it already, it is destroyable already as a survival cooldown, it needs to last long to be worth it, and it is now destroyable by looking at it, essentially. Nice sv cooldown there (talent even).
    Pure lazyness, treating a dozen abilities entirely the same. "Why would we need to look at and think about every individual spell shamans are using? Just make them all the same and totems, doesn't matter if it makes sense or not".

Horrible utility (totems), horrible survivability, meh selfheal, horrible mobility (easily kitable in pvp), low ST damage

Need I say more? What's unique for shaman's is how they are the only class with as many unreasonable drawbacks, restrictions and flat out "f*ck you, sincerely blizzard dev team" stuff in our spellbook (capacitor totem...tremor totem nerf...). If you have masochistic tendencies: you've hit the checkpot.

Back to my hunter, where the grass, yes, actually is greener.
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2015-05-11 at 06:14 PM.

I have been playing a shaman since vanilla, as enhance since release of bc.
    Enhance is in a very very sad place right now. AOE is the only situation where we are OK.
    The damage taken in mythic is unreal, our defensive cds are a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenzb View Post
    The damage taken in mythic is unreal, our defensive cds are a joke.
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/pwGXY76zjvaNRJBQ#type=damage-taken&fight=20
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/pwGXY76zjvaNRJBQ#type=damage-taken&fight=7
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/ZryJHNkvw8amdXp9#fight=3&type=damage-taken
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/1NhVjd3wmbXLHvqG#type=damage-taken

If by joke you mean good then yes