Poll: Is the Trophy System for you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i like the idea of having accesories that are a reward for doing harder to achieve content.
    i however strongly disagree with the stats you put on them. (well with the exception of the experience/reputation gained boost, i dnt think that would be bad)
    if something like this is implented the reward should be visually only, like how the MoP legendary cloaks had those procs. the ones i saw you describe sound good, but i would drop the ones that actually deal damage or some other benefit.

the reason i'm agianst all of that is that it would turn the trophy into something mandatory you need to get to be better in your respective field(s) of interrest.
    while trophies should be something that reward you for being able to do such feats in the first place.
    Noted! Thanks for the feedback.

I will point out again that since every Trophy comes with the same stat bonus, and some Trophies will be ridiculously easy to obtain, I don't think this is an issue at all.

I am still considering removing stat points however, but for other reasons - such as keeping the system a bit cleaner. Will see!

Deleted
    I like the idea, but i doubt it'll last long.

If it was to be implented into the game, casual players would most likely whine on the forums saying it's too hard to get the items, and blizzard will bring forth the nerf hammer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I've spent the better part of the day putting together the first draft (as seen below) of a new concept for WoW: The Trophy System.
    when i read this, the question that comes to mind is: why?

I would take stats out and keep in the xp/rep buff and then the cosmic effect.

Thing about these though I can see trophies being HARD to get...or take a massive amount of time. Sort of like our garrison monuments are now.

I can also see the ones with the best effects being sold on the Blizz store because reasons

Great idea, unfortunately blizz would fuck it up and make it more work than fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they need stats, but it does look a pretty nice idea.

Deleted
    I both love and hate fan concepts because they never get implemented in game

Deleted
    It would be just the same thing with this trophys like with everything.

You earn them for something challanging, its something special. Blizzard will nerf content, or you will eventually outgear this content later so that every donkey can get this trophy and from there on its not something special anymore....just like with mounts, titels or archivments.

We have seen this time and time again. Once there was a time, where green fire for a warlock was really something rare until everyone was able to get it, due to increased itemlevel, same for garrosh mount and a ton of other things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    That's humbling, thanks!
    Dude u keep coming up with great development ideas so take all the praise u get... its deserved!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aerlins View Post
    It would be just the same thing with this trophys like with everything.

You earn them for something challanging, its something special. Blizzard will nerf content, or you will eventually outgear this content later so that every donkey can get this trophy and from there on its not something special anymore....just like with mounts, titels or archivments.

We have seen this time and time again. Once there was a time, where green fire for a warlock was really something rare until everyone was able to get it, due to increased itemlevel, same for garrosh mount and a ton of other things.
    No reason they couldn't tie to them to time-limited content like CMs, Cutting-edge FOS and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Problem with that is, it wouldn't be a "small boost" but basically just mandatory at some point. It would be some 5% buff you'd just have and which Blizzard would need to factor in when tuning things. So it's in a way self defeating if you really think about it.

And the problem with "delve into older content" is that a great many people have grown pretty bored of older content. I'm still running some instances such as killing Kael'thas and even while skipping the mayority of it I outright tab out during his never ending monologue because I've grown so incredible annoyed by it at this point. "Redo X for the 180th time for a slight chance at getting something new." isn't particularly fun to a great many player.

Rather add this to the max level and then just make them account wide or something like that. Maybe have upgrade stages (solely for the looks) attached to them where people could spend excess apexis (or whatever we get next time around) to enhance them or so.
    If the stats are the same on every trophy, you only need one to be 'competitive'. That means you can just ignore all others and go for the one thats easiest to obtain. It's not like it's Archeology where you had to farm and farm and farm and hope you would get the item you wanted (eg pre-raid epics).

Stop posting these awesome ideas! Someone ar Blizzard just went *shit, fan thought of trophies, too. Scratch it of the list*. They seem to go out of their way to never make what a fan proposes

Deleted
    Have updated the OP!

Version 1.1

- Removed all attribute bonuses from all Trophies.
    - Added flavour texts to all Trophies.
    - Fixed a few spelling errors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Dude u keep coming up with great development ideas so take all the praise u get... its deserved!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No reason they couldn't tie to them to time-limited content like CMs, Cutting-edge FOS and so on.
    The idea currently is that if you complete the task rewarding the Trophy while it is current (ex. kill Archimonde on Mythic difficulty), then you get the Trophy right away in your first boss kill. If it is legacy content, like a 6 year old raid, then the drop chance will decrease drastically so that you may have to farm it for a while.

While all trophies will carry a date-stamp on them, I still feel that past achievements should not be forgotten so quickly. Once you've earned a trophy, you've really earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Stop posting these awesome ideas! Someone ar Blizzard just went *shit, fan thought of trophies, too. Scratch it of the list*. They seem to go out of their way to never make what a fan proposes
    Haha, let's hope not!

Looks great as always, Mojo. I'd enjoy this system even if they didn't have stats/boosts on them

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea, but I think Trophies should bring a much stronger impact to the flavor of your character.
    A lot more than passive bonuses or "nostalgic" on-use effects.

For example, while there are several glyphs that change the looks of a single ability, imagine if Trophies "take over" the function of complete "themes" currently partially approached by minor Glyphs.

Shamans - instead of having Glyph of Raptors, there could be a Trophy that changes all "wolf" visuals/models to "raptor".
    Warrior - there could be a Lightning-themed Trophy and a Fire-themed Trophy, slightly changing the visuals of your abilities.
    Warlocks - Codex of Xerrath becomes an actual Trophy that grants green fire while equipped.
    Paladins - a Trophy that changes their holy spells' vfx to a blood red; and a Blade-themed Trophy could depict blades in all your spells instead of Hammers, also changing the Icons and perhaps even names (edge/blade of wrath, edge/blade of the righteous, etc).
    DKs - a Trophy of Crimson Juggernaut that changes most spells to a bloody hue, making Frost look like Ruby and Unholy look like black/red combination.
    Monks - Trophies that associate all relevant abilities' visuals to a specific aspect from pandaria (jade serpent, white tiger, red crane and black ox), replacing glyphs like "Crackling Tiger Lightning" and "Rising Tiger Kick".
    Druids - Would you like to have Fire cat, Fire bear, fire hawk, etc? There could be a Trophy that enables that, obtained through a quest chain in the likeness of Warlock's Green Fire.

This is just off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2015-05-06 at 06:13 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    Looks great as always, Mojo. I'd enjoy this system even if they didn't have stats/boosts on them
    Cheers! Stats are now gone, apart from XP and Rep boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I like the idea, but I think Trophies should bring a much stronger impact to the flavor of your character.
    A lot more than passive bonuses or "nostalgic" on-use effects.

For example, while there are several glyphs that change the looks of a single ability, imagine if Trophies "take over" the function of complete "themes" currently partially approached by minor Glyphs.

Shamans - instead of having Glyph of Raptors, there could be a Trophy that changes all "wolf" visuals/models to "raptor".
    Warrior - there could be a Lightning-themed Trophy and a Fire-themed Trophy, slightly changing the visuals of your abilities.
    Warlocks - Codex of Xerrath becomes an actual Trophy that grants green fire while equipped.
    Paladins - a Trophy that changes their holy spells' vfx to a blood red; and a Blade-themed Trophy could depict blades in all your spells instead of Hammers, also changing the Icons and perhaps even names (edge/blade of wrath, edge/blade of the righteous, etc).
    DKs - a Trophy of Crimson Juggernaut that changes most spells to a bloody hue, making Frost look like Ruby and Unholy look like black/red combination.
    Monks - Trophies that associate all relevant abilities' visuals to a specific aspect from pandaria (jade serpent, white tiger, red crane and black ox), replacing glyphs like "Crackling Tiger Lightning" and "Rising Tiger Kick".
    Druids - Would you like to have Fire cat, Fire bear, fire hawk, etc? There could be a Trophy that enables that, obtained through a quest chain in the likeness of Warlock's Green Fire.

This is just off the top of my head.
    I like it! I have often thought of ways to change up Glyphs a bit - the system does feel a little bit fragmented. For instance, I would prefer it if Glyphs were actual "sidegrades" you picked for your skills in the Spellbook or Talent tree instead of its own thing. Makes more sense to me.

Trophies could definitely benefit from gaining the minor glyph effects; class trophies of sorts. Earned for achieving great things with your class.

Deleted
    I always felt like this concept held real merit. It would add so much to the 'completionist gameplay', while also providing some really cool visuals for our transmogs.