Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't in the doubt about that; what I was wondering is whether BoS offers inherently higher resource generation through higher resource consumption.

Higher, no. Faster, yes.

Only way for it to offer increased resource generation over time would be a bug. Or if you can't consume all your RP due to being GCD-locked, of course.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-05-11 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Higher, no. Faster, yes.

Only way for it to offer increased resource generation over time would be a bug. Or if you can't consume all your RP due to being GCD-locked, of course.
    I think you're missing what the original post about this said. BoS leads to faster resource consumption, which leads to faster resource generation (and thus higher generation over a specific amount of time) owing to the fact that the DK resource system is a positive feedback loop.

That still comes down to freeing GCDs and capping resources-- if you're otherwise GCD-capped and/or generate enough RP to sustain BoS and simultaneously use Death Coil, your resource generation will be higher using BoS. DC costs 30RP/sec (1s GCD) while BoS costs 15-20RP/sec. BoS deals more damage per RP, but we're talking about resources not damage. It spends RP slower than DC but only costs 1 GCD for the entire duration, and you can still DC while BoS is active to dump large spikes of RP from AMS or whatever.

Pretty sure it's still 15/sec for frost/unholy (I noticed no change in breath on ptr for dps dk)

Deleted
    Breath of sindragosa... more like tears of sindragosa.

Ha, I joke. But has anyone talked with anyone if it is 20 or 35?

It's currently 35 on the PTR, but it's supposed to be 20, and it will be in the next update or two. That change is for blood only, frost/unholy remain unchanged.

Deleted
    I know coding and so on is complex and and such but... maybe they just added 20 to 15, instead of making it 20? There are some weird undocumented stuff going on on PTR though, so who knows.

Okay so no more chains? great!
    Okay so 33% higher cost? not so great.

This basically means everyone will use it. Highest DPS Tanks will be DKs for sure! But its all up to RNG now. You can have 100% uptime with lets say 720 ilvl and a bit of luck, but on the next try your breath can run out after 30 sec and there is nothing you can do about it.
    You will push 80k DPS on a 3 target fight and the following 6 trys you will do 48k by pressing the same buttons.

There will be a big gap between highest ranked DPS Blood and average ranked DPS Blood. RNG is fun blizz i agree...

How to fix?
    make it passive and cost nothing, so it can never run out and even the shittiest low geared scrub can have his fun. lower its damage by 20% and add (all RP generated while this is active are consumed)

Sadly that wont make the achi trinket attractive for anyone which basically is one big reason for this nerf but yeah

Couple of points:

-Yes, it's meant to be 20 RP/S for Blood only. DPS specs stay at 15.

-Given the very real lack of strong Tank DPS trinkets in Tier 18, it's very likely Blood will be taking the Archimonde trinket. Yes, its mitigative benefit is weak and yes the Death Coil buff only comes at the cost of a usual trinket budget. Unfortunately, the only damage-dealing alternative that isn't a true DPS trinket (which you *really* shouldn't be stealing from your guild's melee) is Anzu's Cursed Plume- and even that comes with a Mastery proc, rather than BA like I'd hoped. Put simply, we lack better options in most cases.

-Even if BoS has been left as is without the Chains of Ice glyph, it would have been a miserable experience. The glyph provides us with the ability to exert some degree of control in a scenario that is otherwise dominated by pure RNG. Multistrike levels might rise in 6.2, but that wouldn't have been enough to be unable to account for streaks of bad luck or periods where we were unable to hit the boss for whatever reason. Having one pull with excellent RNG and another with awful RNG would have been a fairly horrid way to play.

-No, there are currently no plans to change Multistrike for Blood DKs. This is regrettable as the same result could have been accomplished without directly touching BoS.

-Regrettably, it seems that my earlier hope about us getting compensated numerically was reconsidered. Yes this is PTR and that could change- but for the time being, assume no buffs in other areas. Logs with Blood DKs using Defile and the type of DPS they are pulling on the PTR would be very welcome if we hope to change this.

Edit: Meant to put this in the 6.2 changes thread but I guess here is fine too.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Didn't they revert BoS cost back to 15 RP in todays build?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it, at least based on WoWhead tooltips.

It doesn't fix the problems with the talent, but at least it won't be nearly as miserable to play with. It will still be RNG, but multistrike levels will rise quite a bit, especially with epic gems and some luck with socketed gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Looks like it, at least based on WoWhead tooltips.

It doesn't fix the problems with the talent, but at least it won't be nearly as miserable to play with. It will still be RNG, but multistrike levels will rise quite a bit, especially with epic gems and some luck with socketed gear.
    It's still going to be miserable bullshit. We need some sort of on-demand RP generator that works like CoI currently does to not make it eye-gougingly random to play with. We'll probably still use it if the cost is 15 RP/sec, but I'll spend the entire tier wanting to stab myself.

Phew I was worried for a second there that it meant burst of speed 20 energy/second.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    Didn't they revert BoS cost back to 15 RP in todays build?
    This is a bug, and will be reverted in a future Beta build. 20 RP/S for Blood is very much on the current agenda.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    This is a bug, and will be reverted in a future Beta build. 20 RP/S for Blood is very much on the current agenda.
    I feel a lot of sadness . I thought they will revert it to 15 RP.

Deleted
    Personally speaking, i don't like RNG in my game. It's just not fun at all for me.

I chose Blood Tap for example to exert as much control as i can in my resource usage.

If i could actively enable it, like conversion, i would actually not mind, but 2min cd? One bad streak of RNG and it's over?

Cool concept of a talent, one that brings something different, but bad execution.

Without chains that is. It's a shitty playstyle, but at least it gives you some more control. Now you have minimal.