10+ Year Old Account

Pick a new PSU for my system please!

Hi Guys,

This is in another thread but might not be read because of the title.

Can anyone who knows their stuff please tell me, based on my PC (link in signature) what a good replacement would be that is available in this PC store so I can order it today.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...772870fd804f57

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll just add one thing: the PSU is one of the most important aspects of a PC. Never skimp on it! Always get an A+ PSU. Settle for nothing less.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm the greatness of the Supernova! I have the 750W version. No loud fan, no power fluctuation, no problems. Oh, and a 10 year warranty which is basically almost unheard of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much! Order confirmed.. if this solves my problems I will be a happy guy

EVGA always picks the best PSU manufacturers for their units, recently they switched to Super Flower due to their top notch PSU's. One idea would be to get straight a Super Flower due to them prolly being a tad cheaper than the rebranded EVGA ones

Good luck with your new PSU!

P.S. the EVGA SuperNova's are actually Super Flower - Leadex Platinum series,and the 1600W one is the Leadex Titanium, great PSU's
    Last edited by Evlmind; 2015-05-06 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evlmind View Post
    EVGA always picks the best PSU manufacturers for their units, recently they switched to Super Flower due to their top notch PSU's. One idea would be to get straight a Super Flower due to them prolly being a tad cheaper than the rebranded EVGA ones

Good luck with your new PSU!

P.S. the EVGA SuperNova's are actually Super Flower - Leadex Platinum series,and the 1600W one is the Leadex Titanium, great PSU's
    Not exactly... Their G1/B1 are FSP OEM. They're not the worst but not they're not the best. Their 600B, 500B, and downwards are HECs. Can make okay stuff but still not great.
    G1 and G2 have the same "Super Nova" but they still differ in their OEM/quality and they both seem to still be around, so it's not exactly discontinued.
    GS PS are SeaSonic platforms with GS550/650 being a very new design by SeaSonic with some kinks they need to work out it seems.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-05-06 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update! I received the PSU and had an absolute blast putting it into the system. I've never put anything into a computer so it was lots of fun to learn how it all works. It actually looks even better than the previous one did due to being able to selectively choose which cables to use and which not to use.

And here's the thing. It would appear as though it has completely solved the problem, no more restarts! So thanks for all of the advice!