Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Double Garrison cache, whats the point?

There is a new item on the front page that will double your garrison cache. Its called
    Trade Agreement: Arakkoa Outcasts
    . I saw it at first and was like Yay! Then I was like, why? What use is there for doubling the cache? I mean, I am sitting on cap on four toons, have been for weeks, the reason is simple. There is nothing I want to spend them on.

So, I have to ask, why would we need to double the cache? I mean, if we are sitting at cap, shouldn't the main problem of having nothing to spend them on be addressed first rather than addressing the cache when no one is spending them? What are your thoughts. Is there a real reason for doubling the cache?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Bulk purchase of favourably-priced trading post items?

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenic dust at 4 resources each allows you to make 600+ gold from every 800 resources. You could buy 40 stacks and still have plenty of spare resources. Free gold.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Bulk purchase of favourably-priced trading post items?
    See, with even one toon at cap, I can do that already if I ever need anything. Most of the time, I don't since the herb garden and mines cover that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Draenic dust at 4 resources each allows you to make 600+ gold from every 800 resources. You could buy 40 stacks and still have plenty of spare resources. Free gold.
    Highly dependent on server.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Highly dependent on server.
    Sure, maybe, I sell them for ~600g on Draenor-EU, high population PvE realm and I sell them for ~800g on Steamwheedle Cartel, low/medium population connected RP-PvE realm.

Regardless, it's free gold, aside from a minute or two of your time.

You don't have to use them to make gold, sit there capped, but don't complain that there's nothing to do with them if you can't be bothered using the available outlets.

It's not doubling the cap on garrison resources it doubling the cap on the cache chest of resources that auto re spawn outside your town hall, normally its 500 which is like 3 days, now it can be 1000 which is 6 days, closer to the max limit of work orders with a 3rd level store house

I have going on 20 toons at level cap. I feel this is more geared to players who have larger amounts on alts (In my personal opinion) as you need to clear all the caches every couple days whereas a 1k cap will let you clear the caches weekly and save time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    The only way that this is worth the time for someone who logs in every day is if it also doubles the rate of resource gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    The only way that this is worth the time for someone who logs in every day is if it also doubles the rate of resource gain.
    It's obviously not intended for people that log in every day. It's just a quality of life improvement for returning players and irregular players.

Good for when you cant login for some time. I'm always in a shortage of GRs, buring them on trait rerolls.

I have burned around 30k resources on my main trying to reroll Gorona to get Treasure Hunter... still no luck. Same on my alts, trying to reroll traits to get treasure hunters, among all my alts I have succeed with two rerolls I think, if it keeps up like this I will get my 15 THs from the Inn before I get like 1-2 on most chars from rerolls...

Sure, maybe, I sell them for ~600g on Draenor-EU, high population PvE realm and I sell them for ~800g on Steamwheedle Cartel, low/medium population connected RP-PvE realm.

Regardless, it's free gold, aside from a minute or two of your time.
    On my server a stack of 200 sells for 4g.

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    Good for when you cant login for some time. I'm always in a shortage of GRs, buring them on trait rerolls.

I have burned around 30k resources on my main trying to reroll Gorona to get Treasure Hunter... still no luck. Same on my alts, trying to reroll traits to get treasure hunters, among all my alts I have succeed with two rerolls I think, if it keeps up like this I will get my 15 THs from the Inn before I get like 1-2 on most chars from rerolls...
    yeh garona as tresure hunter is pro managed to reroll her on 2 chars... wasted about 10/15k resources / char... more pro would be garona as tresure hunter/scavanger however... wont even try to do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post

Yea I thought about rerolling the followers on my main, and keep gladiator sanctum for whatev reason. But they changed work order cost for GS workorders so I will run out of bones sooner than expected, and Im not keen on going back to ashran to farm, so the choice is quite easy... as soon as out of bones Im getting myself an inn. I guess treasure missions from inn are gold missions? Atm I don't get that much gold missions anyway, and got a few scavangers so Im getting garrison resources to buy lots of cheap dust from trading post and that gives me quite some gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There is a new item on the front page that will double your garrison cache. Its called . I saw it at first and was like Yay! Then I was like, why? What use is there for doubling the cache? I mean, I am sitting on cap on four toons, have been for weeks, the reason is simple. There is nothing I want to spend them on.

So, I have to ask, why would we need to double the cache? I mean, if we are sitting at cap, shouldn't the main problem of having nothing to spend them on be addressed first rather than addressing the cache when no one is spending them? What are your thoughts. Is there a real reason for doubling the cache?
    Gold sinks!!!!!!!!!!!! And meaningless grinding.
    Ever since WoD started. Absolutely 99% useless. Look at the wolf as well, 100k??? gold and 150k!!!! apexis. It's insane, for a fucking ground mount.
    Don't fall for their strategic traps.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    It's obviously not intended for people that log in every day. It's just a quality of life improvement for returning players and irregular players.
    Well, it's gated behind reputation, so it is not for the common alt, returning, leveling or casual player, especially if you consider it seems quite expensive.

So it is rather targetted at mains or fully garrisioned alts, and I also don't see the point unless it also doubles the resource gain, you are still capped at 10000 resources, compared to mission gains the cache seems pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    yeh garona as tresure hunter is pro managed to reroll her on 2 chars... wasted about 10/15k resources / char... more pro would be garona as tresure hunter/scavanger however... wont even try to do that
    You mean like this?

I got lucky a'f with Garona when I got her. She got Treasure hunter and with the on a mission with a worgen perk. Plus, Blook is OP too and so I rerolled his traits like 4-5 times to get treasure hunter as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    You mean like this?
    my first garona on monk got combo treasure hunter + scavenger - was like "fuck yeah" and whole guild was like "fuck you we hate you " amazing feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Gold sinks!!!!!!!!!!!! And meaningless grinding.
    Ever since WoD started. Absolutely 99% useless. Look at the wolf as well, 100k??? gold and 150k!!!! apexis. It's insane, for a fucking ground mount.
    Don't fall for their strategic traps.
    People complain about gold sinks. People complain there aren't enough gold sinks and gold is too easy to get. I don't envy Blizzard when trying to listen to feedback, there are always vocal groups complaining on opposite sides of the same issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    On my server a stack of 200 sells for 4g.
    Are you sure you aren't misreading something and it's 4g per unit? What server? O.o

Undermine Journal for Draenic Dust, per unit (server prices are draenor-eu, but the point is it shows the price for entire europe):

Available Quantity 16,942
    Current Price 3.76
    Median Price 3.23
    Mean Price 3.37
    Standard Deviation 0.80
    Typical Auction Age 7.9 hrs
    Max Auction Age 37.8 hrs
    EU Quantity 1,662,998
    EU Median Price 3.37
    EU Mean Price 3.52
    Sell to Vendor Cannot
    48hr Listing Fee 0.01
    Last edited by Rixis; 2015-05-06 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you aren't misreading something and it's 4g per unit? What server? O.o
    He probably misread it. The average region price is only slightly below what you're selling them for.