10+ Year Old Account

Joss Whedon Calls “Horsesh*t” On Reports He Left Twitter Because Of Militant Feminist

“That is horseshit,” he told BuzzFeed News by phone on Tuesday. “Believe me, I have been attacked by militant feminists since I got on Twitter. That’s something I’m used to. Every breed of feminism is attacking every other breed, and every sub-section of liberalism is always busy attacking another sub-section of liberalism, because god forbid they should all band together and actually fight for the cause.
    “I saw a lot of people say, ‘Well, the social justice warriors destroyed one of their own!’ It’s like, Nope. That didn’t happen,” he continued. “I saw someone tweet it’s because Feminist Frequency pissed on Avengers 2, which for all I know they may have. But literally the second person to write me to ask if I was OK when I dropped out was [Feminist Frequency founder] Anita [Sarkeesian].”
    While Whedon is adamant that feminist criticisms were not the catalyst for his decision, it is clear that some of the distracting uproar that was crowding his notifications and squeezing his creativity came from at least a nominally feminist point of view.
    “I’ve said before, when you declare yourself politically, you destroy yourself artistically,” he said. “Because suddenly that’s the litmus test for everything you do — for example, in my case, feminism. If you don’t live up to the litmus test of feminism in this one instance, then you’re a misogynist. It circles directly back upon you.”

Yep, pretty much what I and just about everybody else who cares about details and facts pretty much guessed, The Anti-SJW, Anti Feminist, nonsense once again front and center busted making shit up again!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yep, pretty much what I and just about everybody else who cares about details and facts pretty much guessed, The Anti-SJW, Anti Feminist, nonsense once again front and center busted making shit up again!
    I have been attacked by militant feminists since I got on Twitter. That’s something I’m used to.
    He was being attacked by them, it's just not the reason he left.

Whedon is making billion dollar movies now, the studio lawyers probably didn't want him saying controversial stuff on twitter that they could get sued over so they made him leave twitter.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    He was being attacked by them, it's just not the reason he left.
    Yeah, he was attacked by them he was also attacked by GG'ers and Anti Feminist also, doesn't change the fact the claim he left because of any of that or feminism is complete and utter made up bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Whedon is making billion dollar movies now, the studio lawyers probably didn't want him saying controversial stuff on twitter that they could get sued over so they made him leave twitter.
    Nah, ill take him at his word why he left, and if the studio made him quit, then the studio could ask him to stay silent about it. He didn't and the claim he left because of criticism was way off base.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

There's already a thread on this silly subject.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...f-Twitter-quot
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing