Poll: Do you shape your eyebrows?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Not reading the manual is fine. But it's silly if it's to prove you're a man
    if you ask me, a "real man" has nothing to prove.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pluck out the crazy coarse curly ones that started sprouting about 10 years ago... age factor I guess.

Otherwise I have fairly light/fine eyebrows so the big hairs look very strange.

I might look like this eventually:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Poor brainwashed Pendra...
    I don't touch my eyebrows; it's hard to look this good, though.
    ._.

On a more serious note: I mainly shape them because I like them to be arched in a slightly different angle/way than they would be naturally.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-05-06 at 04:24 PM.

i touch up the edges, but mostly leave them be.

i like to have angular, symmetrical features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Great wording, I agree.....
    Except for Orlong..... he ain't no real man..... lol
    I'm sure we can all agree on that
    Blah. The only way you could be more manly than me is if you were a lumberjack, coal miner, or steel worker

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pichi View Post
    dont guys kinda have to if they start to grow a unibrow? same goes for girls tough
    Men should be proud of their unibrow!! the hairier you are the more testosterone you have and the more manly you are!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I don't shape my eyebrows. I wouldn't judge a guy that did, though, because if he is doing it, it's probably because he feels he needs to in order to look presentable.

Case in point, I sometimes use makeup to cover some acne spots on my face. Even though I'm a guy. Is it against the rules to use makeup as a guy? Sorry, it's fine.
    Yes. Real men arent self conscious and real men dont wear makeup

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Nope, because there are no rules. Just people's opinions. If you wear a little coverup because you do not like how you look with some blemishes, that is 100% up to you. If you do not groom your eye brows and feel fine with a unibrow or bushy eye brows, that is 100% up to you.

There are no "rules" when it comes to how you feel like presenting yourself, not for men and not for women. People are allowed to have opinions of they look and how they feel other's should look. But they have no power to dictate how you should present yourself.
    There are effects though, even if there aren't rules.

Enough people start doing something it becomes a fad. When it's a fad for long enough, it becomes the norm and is expected. How do you think women got to the situation they're in where they have to spend half their life stressing about every aspect of their outward appearance? Slippery slopes, mate.

This just goes hand-in-hand with a society that is becoming ridiculously obsessed with appearance. Keep bowing to it and it'll just get worse and worse. People need to get some respect and acceptance of themselves rather than keep trying to change everything because some bullshit on the TV tells you to.
    Last edited by Aqueous; 2015-05-06 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqueous View Post
    There are effects though, even if there aren't rules.

Enough people start doing something it becomes a fad. When it's a fad for long enough, it becomes the norm and is expected. How do you think women got to the situation they're in where they have to spend half their life stressing about every aspect of their outward appearence? Slippery slopes, mate.

This just goes hand-in-hand with a society that is becoming ridiculously obsessed with appearence. Keep bowing to it and it'll just get worse and worse. People need to get some respect and acceptance of themselves rather than keep trying to change everything because some bullshit on the TV tells you to.
    /applaud

I like the way you think sir and/or madam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    why except the face? by your logic if women dont have hair on their face, the most masculine thing to do would be to grow hair on your face
    Because facial hair gets full of bacteria and germs that can make you sick, its also gets in your mouth when you eat and prevents a proper seal from a gas mask of CPAP mask.

http://www.koat.com/news/some-beards...ilets/32675046

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    A handful of brave men allowed Action 7 News to swab their beards, and the results showed some beards are as dirty as toilets.

Quest Diagnostics microbiologist John Golobic tested the swabs, and the results blew his mind.

“I'm usually not surprised and I was surprised by this,” Golobic said.

Several of the beards that were tested contained a lot of normal bacteria, but some were comparable to toilets.

“Those are the types of things you'd find in (fecal matter),” Golobic said, referring to the tests.

Even though some of the bacteria won’t lead to illness, Golobic said it’s still a little concerning.

“There would be a degree of uncleanliness that would be somewhat disturbing,” Golobic said.

Golobic recommends a thorough beard scrubbing and lots of hand-washing.

“(Also), try to keep your hands away from your face, as much as possible,” he said

/applaud

I like the way you think sir and/or madam.
    /hugs teh Moogle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because facial hair gets full of bacteria and germs that can make you sick, its also gets in your mouth when you eat and prevents a proper seal from a gas mask of CPAP mask.

http://www.koat.com/news/some-beards...ilets/32675046
    What the hell do you need a gas mask for?

And finally, there's this new thing called an "immune system" that is pretty good at blocking most germs. Granted, some germs will kill you, but they are few and far between and, well, if you get those, that's why we have a healthcare sys . . . oh wait, no we don't because of obstinate conservatives.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they swab the hair on their heads? When I wash my hair, I wash my beard. Does a beard magically gravitate filth in a way my clothes, skin or other hair does not?

Edit: Re-read the quoted, and I feel like the subjects who had higher levels of bacteria, are likely to be less cleanly people. As the quoted says, wash your beard, and wash your hands. Don't be a dirt bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    What the hell do you need a gas mask for?

And finally, there's this new thing called an "immune system" that is pretty good at blocking most germs. Granted, some germs will kill you, but they are few and far between and, well, if you get those, that's why we have a healthcare sys . . . oh wait, no we don't because of obstinate conservatives.
    I wear one when I mow my grass so I dont inhale pollen (allergies), car exhaust, insects and other things that make me sick

Deleted
    You know what would be cool? If you had a unibrow and you'd shave off your eyebrows except for the part in between them where they connect. That would look so badass
    Damn I wish I had a unibrow...

Btw, why no option for girl who doesn't do her eyebrows? Are we already that much devoluted on that point aswell that it's weird when a girl doesn't shape her eyebrows?

Did they swab the hair on their heads? When I wash my hair, I wash my beard. Does a beard magically gravitate filth in a way my clothes, skin or other hair does not?

Edit: Re-read the quoted, and I feel like the subjects who had higher levels of bacteria, are likely to be less cleanly people. As the quoted says, wash your beard, and wash your hands. Don't be a dirt bag.
    We all know people with beards like to dip them in feces every time they go to the bathroom. Joking, of course. I think it's funny to say they've got poop in their beards when no, that's inaccurate and a sensationalist headline.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

15+ Year Old Account
    As for the for the "real men" comments. Please remember that there was a time when "real men" wore high heels, dresses, and make-up. Your impression of a "real man" is just your opinion, and holds absolutely 0 fact.
    What do you mean? I wear high heals, dresses and make-up. 17th century for life!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    What do you mean? I wear high heals, dresses and make-up. 17th century for life!
    psh i do all that plus i shape my eyebrows to look exactly like tyrandes.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.