Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're like a lot of people these days and spend a lot or most of your waking hours in your bedroom...try not doing that. My brother used to have a really hard time sleeping, when not at work he was always in his bedroom watching TV, on the computer, tinkering, etc..and he went to a doctor. First thing the doc told him to do was spend less time in his bedroom doing things other than sleeping as he believed one reason could be his brain was associating his room with all kinds of other things other than sleeping. It worked for him and I ended up doing the same thing. Although I didn't have trouble sleeping, staying out of my bedroom and primarily only using it for when I sleep helped me fall asleep quicker and sleep deeper. It's worth a shot, no meds, no doc visit, no cost. it took me about a week before I started noticing a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2015 View Post
    I can't sleep well. Can you reccomend what I should do?

Honestly, this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew2015 View Post
    I can't sleep well. Can you reccomend what I should do?
    Talk to a doctor, and if they recommend it absolutely get a sleep study done.

On a simpler level - stay away from all screens for an hour before bed - exercise, read, clean, hobby, whatever, but even dim screens mess with your natural sleep cycles.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope! Knowing I'm a great and awesome human being with a clean conscience helps me sleep like a baby.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I used to have trouble sleeping before, mostly because of unhealthy schedule.
    There's a lot of things that in combination may improve quality of your sleep (unless you have a medical condition, in which case talk to some doctor).

Here's some non-medical advice that I found helpful for myself:
    Being physically tired helps.
    If you have a sitting job in an office, you may feel tired after a workday. But it's just mental fatigue, it has very little to do with muscle fatigue that you want (I assume that you aren't physically active).
    I'd suggest getting fresh air as often as possible too.
    Also, wind down couple hours before sleep. Reduce light, sound, don't watch something that may excite you. Meditate if you can, it will clear your head of bothersome thoughts.
    Avoid lying down throughout the day. It will teach your body that horizontal position happens only at night, when sleep happens.
    Keep a steady schedule for sleeping, even on weekends. After a while you will automatically start feeling sleepy or awake at times when you usually fall asleep/awaken.
    Pretty common sense stuff.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Technically i do have issues sleeping.

But that's mostly because my brain is wired to be nocturnal. I can sleep perfectly fine with sunshining in my room, but heaven forbid I try sleeping when it's dark out.

I've tried Melatonin, but it's never really worked for me. I just have to tough it out and wait for the sun to come up and grab my 3 - 4 hours of sleep for the day.

Fairly certain i'm a genetic freak being able to function so well on such a small amount of sleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshoey View Post
    Also read a book. Way easier on your eyes and will zonk you like no one's business.
    Best advice so far. Reading is perfect when you can't sleep. Your eyes will get tired so fast.