Meaningful Death Knight names

Hi guys,

Looking for some input please, I'm about to create a Tauren Death Knight character, and whilst I'm not a role player per say, I do like to give my toons meaningful names, as the name should reflect the toon.

It goes without saying I want to avoid names like DKtaurenlol etc, but have been trying out different variations of Razuvious or such. I've considered Icemane, but sounds to similar to Ice man and is pretty common.

Looking for some serious suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Frigidcow?

Deadcowbie? Frozenbeef? Blighthoof?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Well I can only tell you about my Dks name. While I'm not a rper per se, I do like to create stories for my characters within the world. I started with a BE pally named Dawnrider. When DKs were released, I created a DK as his polar opposite brother named Duskrider.

If you want that name for variations you could go with.

Varzious

Aurousviz

Though, I think the second name sounds more like a mage.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well I can only tell you about my Dks name. While I'm not a rper per se, I do like to create stories for my characters within the world. I started with a BE pally named Dawnrider. When DKs were released, I created a DK as his polar opposite brother named Duskrider.

If you want that name for variations you could go with.

Varzious

Aurousviz

Though, I think the second name sounds more like a mage.
    Or a concentration camp.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I'd take a Tauren-like name and give it a 'death knight' twist.

Tauren last names appear to be a combination of a spiritual/earth word usually combined with 'hoof', 'pelt', 'horn', 'mane', etc. They also use 'totem' as part of their last name, likely Shamans.

So I would substitute the spiritual/earth word with an Unholy/Plague/Dead word.

Tradu's suggestion of "Blighthoof" is an excellent example of this. Having "Death Knight Blighthoof" would fit with "Arch Druid Runetotem" or "High Chieftain Bloodhoof" (A couple of the more famous Tauren NPCs in the game)

The fact that Runetotem and Bloodhoof are already established names for taurens makes it even easier. Death Knights use runes and have an entire spec dedicated to blood. You might want to stay away from Rune and Blood to distinguish yourself from a regular tauren.

Or not.

You can see a list of named NPCs in Thunderbluff here to get an idea of how Bliz names their Taurens.

So anything like...

"Darkpelt"
    "Deathhorn"
    "Lichmane"
    "Plaguetotem"
    "Runehoof"

Should work?
    Last edited by SidFwuff; 2015-05-06 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Frozenbeef?
    Haha, this one wins!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Mortaurus. Its both mort for death and taurus for bull.

<== So pround of myself for being smart.

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    I'd take a Tauren-like name and give it a 'death knight' twist.

Tauren last names appear to be a combination of a spiritual/earth word usually combined with 'hoof', 'pelt', 'horn', 'mane', etc. They also use 'totem' as part of their last name, likely Shamans.

So I would substitute the spiritual/earth word with an Unholy/Plague/Dead word.

Tradu's suggestion of "Blighthoof" is an excellent example of this. Having "Death Knight Blighthoof" would fit with "Arch Druid Runetotem" or "High Chieftain Bloodhoof" (A couple of the more famous Tauren NPCs in the game)

The fact that Runetotem and Bloodhoof are already established names for taurens makes it even easier. Death Knights use runes and have an entire spec dedicated to blood. You might want to stay away from Rune and Blood to distinguish yourself from a regular tauren.

Or not.

You can see a list of named NPCs in Thunderbluff here to get an idea of how Bliz names their Taurens.

So anything like...

"Darkpelt"
    "Deathhorn"
    "Lichmane"
    "Plaguetotem"
    "Runehoof"

Should work?
    Fully hear what you are saying, and that is the route I was initially going down, but after having thought about it they sound more like second names or 'tribe' names, and they seem like the obvious choice.

But I really like you suggestion of keeping a Tauren-esque feel to the name, but with a Death Knight twist.

Any other suggestions?

ok, so after gathering some choices, i've come with the below: (granted they all sound kinda similar, but I feel the suit the feel of the toon, I'm going for, a unwilling Death Knight, who become a DK against his choice, or had to do so for a reason, a DK with a heart basically)

Itarion
    Archilios
    Itherion
    Erathion

Opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    the tauren are based on native americans, perhaps there is a native american legend about a warrior who rises from the grave to take inspiration from?

Imten
    Imeleven
    Imtwelve

One of those are guaranteed to suit you.

Deleted
    Go for Deathcow its my fave dk name

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Deadcowbie? Frozenbeef? Blighthoof?
    Arthrazs

/thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Imten
    Imeleven
    Imtwelve

One of those are guaranteed to suit you.
    Or one of these.

Deleted
    Deathcow! I vote for Deathcow!

Zombeef
    Deathhorn
    Frozenmane
    Hoofinator

10+ Year Old Account
    LordBovine
    Slaughterhouse
    Madcowdisease
    Hoofarted
    Cowboybebop
    Mediumrare
    Dave
    Hoofbringer
    Donthasslethehoof
    Bovinebolvar
    BigBigQueen (BBQ)
    Beeframmas
    Steak'Thuzad
    Leechking

Im all out...

Unholycow
    Bloodsteak/pie
    Arthass
    Liljimmy
    Expaladin
    Lickking
    Witchking
    Diedtwice (If Forsaken)
    Sonofalich
    Eugooglizer (If you saw Zoolander you'd know this)

Can't think of anymore names

If some form of the word Arthas is not in the name of your DK you have failed hard. Really hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    If some form of the word Arthas is not in the name of your DK you have failed hard. Really hard.
    Artharitis?