Environment Boss fights? Or more actual boss mechanics?

So correct me if I am wrong, there are quite a bit of boss encounters that now consist of environmental dangers such as Moving Trains and stampers in fights now. Maybe that is the direction blizzard is wanting to take boss fights? My question to you guys is do you prefer these fights where there is more environmental mechanics or do you guys prefer more mechanics that actually come from the boss, such as shouts, buffs, adds, interuppts etc?

I personally prefer for boss fights to have more mechanics directly from the bosses/adds. I feel as if its less chaotic. Now that is not me saying that I can not do it as I can at a mythic difficulty as well. To me though, I just want my fights to actually feel like I am fighting the boss and not the building the raid is set in.

Once again this is not me complaining about them as I still find them interesting.

What do you guys think?

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention things like aoe dangers like cave ins are fine as I feel like that still directly comes from the boss. And the fights would be stale without things of that nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like a variety. I do enjoy my tank & spank fights where we don't move. I do like my trade-off fights or fights where I have to perform certain tasks in order to complete it properly, and finally I do enjoy the movement fights that require the environment to be managed as a group, like Operator. It's all about variety.

Darsithis I totally agree. I just want them to be a bit less chaotic. In no way do i like Stampers cause i find them annoying in their random nature(not including smart stampers those are fine because they are organized) But for example, I really hate thogar because the nature of the trains. If Thogar transitioned into a phase where he jumps to a control panel and brings in trains and you have to deal with adds or use cds for intensive healing, I would be 100% okay with that fight and that would sound like something I would enjoy.

I also miss the fights like Deathwhisper where you got the ability where you had to run away from the group, sorry cant remember the name, or defile where if you didnt get out then it would grow. I miss Class like abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I do enjoy the movement fights that require the environment to be managed as a group, like Operator. It's all about variety.
    This is what I agree with though, something that you react to but you MANAGE/control as a group.

I enjoy environment boss fights where it fits like Operator. Operator wasn't a powerful boss and was more so a pushover. His claim to power was his operation of the supply lines for the iron horde and he used it as an advantage in the fight to attempt to steam roll the raid. Fights like this are okay as long as it fits in lore wise. That room was the central hub of the iron horde's distribution line. Hans and Franz on the other hand look like they made their room specifically for fighting the raid. If that room had an ounce of the detail and layout of the room after it which makes more sense, I'd support it. But it looks like the room is more plot device boss fight environment.

I'd like to see more class based raid bosses like for example, a warlock raid boss or another shade of aran type fight. A fight in which the boss is powerful and using abilities you can do as well but on a far more powerful scale. We got teron'gor as a boss in the 5 man that was fun but I was looking forward to his return as a raid boss warlock that changed specs over the fight. They mostly ruined that aspect by making the boss put on a few thousand pounds and completely losing all his previous abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer a variety of things but also think that mechanics can be and often are overdone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

As long as the environmental dangers fit the encounter, then I look at them as boss mechanics, which is the vast majority of them - if not all. I will say encounters like Spine of Deathwing and any of the Zepplin encounters can go die in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I prefer a variety of things but also think that mechanics can be and often are overdone.
    If they dont make things different then I agree. But this is assuming that they can make different mechanics. I understand that every fight would have some repetitivness(??) But I just want things to more organized you know?