10+ Year Old Account

Can't macro toys to Shadow Dance Halp!

Obviously not something super ceral but it is confusing me, anyone else have this problem macroing things to shadow dance in general? I've been using the normal bind to ability macro

/cast Shadow Dance
    /use Everlasting Darkmoon Firework
    /use Everlasting Horde Firework

But nada, works when they're bound to any other ability just dance isn't working.

Sorry I can't check by myself but, do they occur GCD?
    Do you by any chance have Shadow Dance on a bar that changes based on stance?

Try changing the order of them and see if it works.

Ha, cool idea, did not know that toys were even macroable. If they trigger GCD this will not work.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Hmm the only reason that wouldn't work to my eyes would be if they triggered a GCD like Rosvall has already said. I have my TCG Weather Machine macro'd into like everything on my mage and all of my spells work fine plus i get my personal weather.

The only advice i can offer would be to use each toy separately and see if one of them triggers a GCD, that or also as stated by Rosvall, if they are on a changing action bar versus one that stays the same no matter if you are in stealth/shape-shifted etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither of them affect the GCD. I have those two toys macro'd to Killing Spree and it works fine. But I started working last night, no idea why but now I have a bunch of flashing lights above me whenever I bring the deeps.

I'd be careful with adding toys to a macro because I know there was some sort of bug that would lock your auto attacks, and/or ability to cast spells with the bubble wand. Not sure if other toys would cause a similar issue, but I'd test it first. Go check out the bubble wand toy comments on wowhead for more info.

Try putting them before dance in your macro.