Deleted

Just another mythic beastlord thread

Hey guys, we've been trying to down beastlord for about a week now, and we have around ~28 wipes on it with the best tries getting between 1-4 million hp left before everyone is wiped out. We have already cleared mythic Oregorger, and with a lot less wipes, but somehow beastlord just seems to obliterate us in the end. I'm pretty good with logs, but I just wanted to know if someone could point something out that I might have missed! Btw we're running 2 tanks and 5 healers with me (BrM) solotanking Faultline.
    Link to the log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HGdgTL8pa91x2Mh7 and I hope you guys can help us

Your melee are dying to rend-and-tear + epicenter. This damage is 100% avoidable.

Deleted
    You're failing to the same things everyone else does:

1) Avoidable damage such as rend and tear. This may be tanks moving or melee not moving, but it needs sorting.
    2) More importantly: people are speccing and using AoE abilities over single target DPS on the boss and his mounts.

Whenever someone posts their logs for this, number 2 is always the first thing I look for and it's literally always there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    You're failing to the same things everyone else does:

1) Avoidable damage such as rend and tear. This may be tanks moving or melee not moving, but it needs sorting.
    2) More importantly: people are speccing and using AoE abilities over single target DPS on the boss and his mounts.

Whenever someone posts their logs for this, number 2 is always the first thing I look for and it's literally always there.
    ^ This

More specifically, both Rogues should be Sub for this, and should use FoK on Pack Beasts to feed finishers in to Beastlord / Mounts.

CD's should pretty much be up for every mount, then if you hold them for Faultline you can use them on Beastlord immediately after he dismounts.

Another thing to keep in mind is damage on boss before and after faultline is crucial. One tank can go pick up faultline but ALL dps should stay single target burn on Beastlord until he is untargetable. Also, as soon as faultline dies, lust, potion and ALL dps need to single target Beastlord during his rp. Once his health doubles you can go back to add cleaving and stuff.

With two warriors, have them alternate bladestorms on add packs. Pretty much everyone else can single target boss/mount. The faster thise die, the easier everything is. Sure adds can get out of hand but they still won't live long. Both tanks can go all out aoe dps on them, plus bladestorms for every pack, enhancement fire nova (cause they suck at single target anyway) and any other incidental or one gcd aoe will be more than enough. Like they said above, anyone going out of their way to aoe is hurting you.

Deleted
    As others have said, AoEing the adds is fun but not the main priority. You only need enough to kill them within 10-15 seconds or so, anything else that significantly detracts from your ST on the boss is pure padding. Its important to handle them properly in the final phase too. have your other tank pick them up and bring them to the boss, and only then should you AoE them down. The room gets to be such a clusterfuck <10% that anyone chasing after the adds, range or melee, will lose so much boss damage.

We assign one healer to "keep all the healers alive" for the final burn on Beastlord. One healer going down at that point can make things spiral down fast. Less dps dies if all the healers are still standing.