Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Arenas in real life, how would you deal with it?

This is interesting:
    imagine a Coliseum (like in the ancient Rome) in your city/place, where gladiators fight in it.
    Now answers these questions:

Would you spectate if gladiators were forced like slaves? (original games)

Would you spectate if gladiators were volunteers? (like aspirant gladiators that volountarily joined)

Would you spectate if one/some of your friends participate? (by their will, not forced)

Would you participate?

I know it looks sick, but I wonder how would you react about this.
    I personally would be against any form of deadly arena, but hell... I would also like to TRY to spectate.
    I already find hard to watch MMA fights which are already brutal enough.

How could people of the past spectate gladiators cutting each other flesh with swords, filling with blood and bones the ground. Terrifying. PEOPLE WERE MAD ONCE
    Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2015-05-07 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we have non-lethal arenas...... called UFC.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    This is interesting:
    imagine a Coliseum (like in the ancient Rome) in your city/place, where gladiators fight in it.
    Now answers these questions:

Would you spectate if gladiators were forced like slaves? (original games)

Would you spectate if gladiators were volunteers? (like aspirant gladiators that volountarily joined)

Would you spectate if one/some of your friends participate? (by their will, not forced)

Would you participate?

I know it looks sick, but I wonder how would you react about this.
    I personally would be against any form of deadly arena, but hell... I would also like to spectate.
    Would give for some entertaining show .... but really .. i'd prob not be so interested in it.
    I hardly watch MMA either ... i prefer a good (kick)boxing match
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Just quote and give a simple yes/no or a proper conclusion :P

One of the things that disgust me about my fellow human beings is that they get turned on by violence.

Interestingly, they never found it all that thrilling when I beat them up. Go figure.

Non-lethal is fine, like one of the previous posters said, ufc is basically that.

Lethal seems like it would wind up being the rich watching the poor fight to death.

Deleted
    Would you spectate if gladiators were forced like slaves? (original games) No

Would you spectate if gladiators were volunteers? (like aspirant gladiators that volountarily joined) No

Would you spectate if one/some of your friends participate? (by their will, not forced) No

Would you participate? No

Arena is nothing that I would watch ever. I have no urge to see people killing eachother.

Deleted
    As long as it's volunteer based I don't give a crap about it. If it's forced, I'll be the first trying to burn down the structure, such barbarism does not belong in our age.

Deleted
    Most western people would probably be really revolted and get PTSD from watching a violent death up close, particularly if it wasn't a clean/fast death.

What's boxing if not gladiator sport. American football too? Maybe hockey.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I would bask in the glory of victory.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who would volunteer for it but if you had enough crazy guys to do it then I'd definitely watch it.

It was said a roman gladiator brought in more money than a roman soldier's annual paycheck and they actually got paid despite being slaves (not all, some people got a contract set up) so I can see the appeal if you were really poor if it was like that.
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2015-05-07 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be taking bets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    How could people of the past spectate gladiators cutting each other flesh with swords,
    We have news, TV and the internet now instead..... a whole planet of pain to view from the comfort of your own home.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd watch and I'd participate.

I always play fight with my friends and it's great fun. I think I'd do pretty well in the coliseum to be honest.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Would you spectate if gladiators were forced like slaves?

Nope. I never liked the concept of slavery.

Would you spectate if gladiators were volunteers?

Absolutely. If you really want to do something like that, go on!

Would you spectate if one/some of your friends participate?

Of course! Friends are friends even in something like that!

Would you participate?

If I had previous training, yes. Otherwise, no.

I would oppose them if they were by force*, vehemently. I wouldn't watch them if they were voluntary, I find it distasteful, but I wouldn't oppose them. Would never participate, would vehemently oppose anyone I know from doing the same.

*anyone have thoughts on trial by combat?

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I would oppose them if they were by force*, vehemently. I wouldn't watch them if they were voluntary, I find it distasteful, but I wouldn't oppose them. Would never participate, would vehemently oppose anyone I know from doing the same.

*anyone have thoughts on trial by combat?
    Trial by combat sounds absolutely heads on pants retarded if it's what I think it is.

Isn't it where the two parties go in a pit and fight it out and whomever wins is innocent?

I'd go spectate for certain events, sure. Really looking forward to Islamic Extremists vs Really Pissed-Off Grizzly Bears on Thursdays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    I'd go spectate for certain events, sure. Really looking forward to Islamic Extremists vs Really Pissed-Off Grizzly Bears on Thursdays.
    I hate it when this kind of reboot happens.... what was wrong with lions vs christians?