Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Morbid curiosity is a thing.

And if they truly volunteered in a very safe & transparent system (to reduce coercion & etc), then maybe I'd be okay with it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I've seen bullfights, and I'm disgusted by the people that don't find any other way to satisfy their violent instincts than by watching/taking part in real violence.

I'd support VR arenas, as they would be entertaining without nobody really getting hurt. Besides, they would be more real than the 'sports' that emulate arenas nowadays.

I have a hard time with bullfights alone.
    I don't think an arena with humans fighting to death would really be my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    imagine a Coliseum (like in the ancient Rome) in your city/place, where gladiators fight in it.
    I'd move far away. I wouldn't spectate and definitely wouldn't participate. The idea itself makes me sick.

I might watch if it was non-lethal. I sometimes think of having violent criminals participate in gladiatorial combat (lethal) then I get sick of the notion and forget it... until the next time it pops up in my head.

Convicted murderers, child molesters, and rapist fighting to the death for the right to spend the rest of their lives in prison would be a great show for HBO imo. Of course they would need to renew their prison rights every two years and the HBO"event" could coincide with elections.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2015-05-07 at 06:17 PM.