Looking for constructive criticism for our paladin

Hello,

I need to talk to our paladin today about his numbers so I came here to get advice from other paladins on how they can improve.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...5106/7/#boss=0

Here are his logs, does anything stand out?

His attack priority seemed to be correct, but just looking at this armory his mastery is low. I'd also touch base with him about his talent choices, he should swap Light's Hammer with Execution Sentence.

Possibly see if swapping from Divine Purpose into Sanctified Wrath helps his numbers at all as well, once you get 4P the amount of procs you have to navigate sometimes can do more harm than good.

1) Get correct enchants. He needs a mastery enchant for his weapon, and a +50 for his ring.
    2) Get rid of anything with vers on it.
    3) Get to the haste cap of 9.5%
    4) Get rid of Exorcism glyph, replace with hand of sacrifice glyph (if not the healers will have to heal him when he uses hand of sacrifice)
    5) Execution sentence before avenging wrath on opener.
    6) Get to 5 holy power before using finishers. It looks like hes blowing his HP, while CS/judge are off CD without 5 HP.
    7) He's missing GCD's based on some of the timers, or ^

You came to the most cynical forums, possibly on the entire world wide web, for constructive criticism. Zealots slither in every corner and KNOW their way of thinking is best. Beware. (I love blizzard)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyMcNasty View Post
    His attack priority seemed to be correct, but just looking at this armory his mastery is low. I'd also touch base with him about his talent choices, he should swap Light's Hammer with Execution Sentence.

Possibly see if swapping from Divine Purpose into Sanctified Wrath helps his numbers at all as well, once you get 4P the amount of procs you have to navigate sometimes can do more harm than good.
    Firstly, ignore the latter part of the quoted post. Completely. With T17 4pc there is no other viable talent than DP, even for single-target. If your paladin cannot manage playing DP/FV with the 4-set, he simply does not belong in a Mythic raid.

Secondly, mentally erase any posts that speak of "haste caps" etc from your mind. The concept of a haste cap is an outdated thing from Solsacra's theorycrafting in WoD beta that's taken on a life of its own and become decidedly memetic. For the purposes of gearing, there are no haste caps. Mastery > all, in all situations - with raw iLvl obviously winning out in the case of upgrading an entire difficulty's worth of iLvl. You do not ever, under any circumstances, at all, so much as consider gemming or enchanting for anything other than mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Firstly, ignore the latter part of the quoted post. Completely. With T17 4pc there is no other viable talent than DP, even for single-target. If your paladin cannot manage playing DP/FV with the 4-set, he simply does not belong in a Mythic raid.

Secondly, mentally erase any posts that speak of "haste caps" etc from your mind. The concept of a haste cap is an outdated thing from Solsacra's theorycrafting in WoD beta that's taken on a life of its own and become decidedly memetic. For the purposes of gearing, there are no haste caps. Mastery > all, in all situations - with raw iLvl obviously winning out in the case of upgrading an entire difficulty's worth of iLvl. You do not ever, under any circumstances, at all, so much as consider gemming or enchanting for anything other than mastery.
    I agree with his second paragraph, but I also stand by mine. Have him swap and see what happens, everyone isn't going to riding the razor's edge of performance.

Yip, as above, mastery above all, haste cap is a sim anomaly however when gearing close to bis gear he'll end up around the 15% buffed amount anyways.

Maybe try a rotation helper like Clcret or hekili to make sure he's using the right spells in the right prio.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Looks to me like he's managing his 4piece pretty well. I took a look at how much holy power he's wasting and it's not very much (I only looked at his highest ranks for each boss - most of which were this week). Usually a sign of mismanaging the 4piece is to see a ton of wasted hp coming from Exo (b/c they're casting exo with the blazing contempt buff when they're already at 3 or 4 hp).

Honestly... some of it might just be RNG... somehow on his best Gruul kill he only managed to get to get 22 2-piece proc/buffs (making HoW castable above 35% boss hp)... and that was a 6 minute fight! I looked at my log from my most recent heroic kill and we downed Gruul in 3:40 and I had 28 2-piece proc/buffs.

But, yeah, I agree with everyone else that for the most part his rotation looks fine. His mastery is low, but he's using mythic shoulders without mastery as his non-tier piece (if he has/gets heroic tier shoulders and gets either flamebender or hans/frans mythic gloves he might want to switch to using the hands as his off-piece) and a mythic belt without mastery. But usually higher ilvl items win the day regardless of secondary stats. If anything we're talking small up- or down-grades here.

Dude definitely needs the mastery enchant on his weapon though.

Edit: Oh, one other thing I was going to mention: you should just straight up ask him how he tracks his set bonus procs/buffs. The answer is hopefully something like "WeakAuras" or "NeedToKnow"

Edit2: Also, what are you concerned about, really? I mean, sometimes ya gotta read between the lines with these ranks and numbers... Like, maybe you're not happy his rank on Beastlord was 29% and that he was 9th on the dps charts... but if you look at damage done to Beastlord and the other 4 priority targets he's in the top 5 for all but one of them, and was #1 with your other pally on Dreadwing. Your rogue, hunter, and lock have inflated #s because they did 10mil more damage than the pally on the pack beasts (ok, well not necessarily inflated... someone has to kill the pack beasts, after all).
    Last edited by tyronian; 2015-05-08 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Addition

Agree with tyronian with his edit 2 100%.

Rets are currently 100% burst cd machines, if you look at our logs from blast furnace mythic you'd say "fuck me why are they bringing their ret" but when you look at the prio targets (primal elemetal) in p2 I'm either top or top 3 depending on the elementalist (hunters are only ones coming near me due to stampede).

So so so much meter padding/whoring goes on so late into a tier, there's only realistically the first 2/3 weeks of mythic where it doesn't happen. Ret being rng tied into rng tied into rng really doesn't help. All in all he's playing ok, a rotational helper will help, enchants will help more.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    In the future, please make use of the existing Fix my DPS! thread.

Closing.