Poll: Would you do it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaSwoosh View Post
    I disagree. Even if someone was too afraid to risk their life in return for saving billions, I would not call that person a punk or say they don't care. To do that is unfair as fuck man. These kinds of question amount to nothing. It reflects more on the people weaving these absurd scenarios just so they can fabricate a reason to judge you.
    Some of the language and consequential postions you use certainly represents something. That is after all the point of language. Even if not directly related to nukes and the end of man. The question is what do your responses reflect?

I didn't thoroughly check the prior pages; but the person who created the poll, hasn't judged anyone that I've noticed. So I'm not sure I agree with your emphasis in this specific scenario.

Totally different. A better example would be if the world would die because Crazy guy Jimbob was going to murder everyone but you could stop him by offering yourself to him
    Supremely interesting. Your counter hypothetical mentions death. When the hypothetical situations thus far have offered up something far less intense than that. This was one of my points. I would do it if he wanted ass sex, it's not a hard choice for me. Now if he wanted something that I fear deeply, then it would be.

If it was just pressing a button you risk/lose nothing. So dick move on your part creating a scenario where you risk nothing and gain everything but still choose no. Not the same at all. And no I wouldn't be mad. It's a stupid scenario. Why would I judge you for that? It isn't real. We have enough reason to hate eachother in the real world without making up fake reasons.

You could tell me that if you ever became ruler of an alien nation you would rape all the women and treat them all as slaves to do your every bidding and I wouldn't feel any different about you.
    I think it was missed before. But I literally do not care about you as a person of opinion, in the slightest. Judgments cast upon you are not my goal or even an interest of mine. Moral superiority is a fruitless adventure.

The analogy wasn't meant to be a 1:1, it was meant to elucidate if you would be upset in that situation. Your unwillingness to answer is displeasing. But I'm going to hedge with yes. So it now becomes a question of what you value.

I am purely interested in how you rationalize your position.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2015-05-08 at 11:43 AM.

Oh lord I give up. I tried taking this seriously but it is just getting more and more stupid.

Peace Homey G Gangsta

Protect your bootyholes

Oh lord I give up. I tried taking this seriously but it is just getting more and more stupid.

Peace Homey G Gangsta

Protect your bootyholes
    Guess I'm too dumb for you.

Shame, because I was enjoying myself.

Adios.

Deleted
    It depends on who is going to be nuked(we nuke them or they nuke us).

I would agree and cut his/hers throat then.

assuming myself, my friends and my family can't escape then yes I'd throw my dignity overboard for the preservation of those I hold dear. If escape was possible before the war broke out I would haul ass out of there with all those I hold dear instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK219166/

Mind you, this study was conducted when the total global nuclear arsenal was approximated to be around 10000 megatons, when in it's current state it is around 6400 megatons.
    That study only shows the casualities from cancer... ever considered how many will die from the other symptoms of a nuclear war, such as lack of proper medicine, or the lack of proper agriculture due to radiation and lack of sun and water. If the theories are true, the way nuclear war would change the climate would also kill off a great deal of humans.

I mean, as I said earlier as well, I don't believe mankind wouldn't survive but I think it's borderline dangerous to simply dismiss nuclear war as something trivial because mankind will survive in the long run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I didn't dismiss it as a trivial. I'm just fed up with people larping about nuclear war as some sort of planet sterilizing event.
    Well, it would be if the sterilizing was performed badly and you can still have kids, albeit at a much slower rate.

Deleted
    Most likely yes. As a bonus, since most world leaders are male and I'm not gay, I would claim rape at the end and raise donations to support anti-rape and anti-war campaigns.
    So, not only will I have saved the people in my country from nuclear war, but I'd make sure future wars are prevented and rape victims are assisted more.
    It would still be horrible... but there isn't much of a choice, is there, if you don't you die too.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Just temporarily have the enemy leader swap with a cute girl or sexy lady, and yes. ;D

Depends on the leader :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey sure that'd be an easy decision. Op said all I have to do is sleep with them. I saved the world by sleeping.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Depends. Are they a selfish lover? Will I actually get off?

I think if we were to be on the brink of nuclear war, we should just send our leaders against one another. Why send thousands, millions to their deaths. Send 1 person to represent each country. If I have to bang Putin to save the country, then the people in charge can step up too.

NSFW

http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Millions of dead people vs. one disgusting night
    What's there even to discuss? So pointless
    What do you mean "what's there to even discuss"? You act as though millions, let alone billions of dead people is a bad thing. Death from radiation is a perfectly natural way to go, who am I to intervene?
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.