7+ Year Old Account

Help with fury gear decision!

Hello Warrior forums! I just recently made an account so I could post here on mmo-champ. It seems to me from reading that a lot of the top raiders and theorycrafters post here so I figured this would be a good place to seek advice on becoming a better warrior. My question is regarding two gear setups I have. One is 1 ilvl higher and sims for about 300 dps more on ST and light movement. however that setup has me taking Firestorm legplates over the tier ones. It is M WF however I feel wrong taking a haste/vers item over crit/mastery. Was hoping you could offer some insight. Basically, is it worth it to take a horribly itemized piece over a perfect itemized one if the ilvl is 21 higher? Do my other stats suffer too much if I do? Thank you and I will post my stats in both setups below and a link to the firestorm setup.

Armory is Rageroar at Mannoroth (Can't post links till I post a few times )

ALL VALUES ARE UNBUFFED

Firestorm setup - ILVL 690 - STR: 5,897 - CRIT: 22.1% - HASTE: 6.87% - MASTERY: 23.18% - MULTI: 12.92% - VERS: 6.88% - AVOID: 11.32%

Overdriven Spaulders Setup - ILVL 689 - STR: 5,855 - CRIT: 23.87% - HASTE: 3.2% - MASTERY: 25.73% - MULTI: 15.3% - VERS: 4.95% - AVOID: 3.56%
    Last edited by Rageroar; 2015-05-07 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    ilvl > stats unless ofc you are losing your 2 or 4 set bonuses doing so

10+ Year Old Account
    I gain about 150 dps from swapping my belt from vers/mult to haste/mast (same ilv) so you be looking at maybe 300-500 dps lost if they were the same ilv. However the huge amount of str and rating you gain by swapping to a higher ilv (especially on a chestpiece) outweighs that swing by more than enough.

Go with the sim for ST,. It might be a good idea sim it on hectic add cleave and check thats its still on top for aoe (keep in mind that this sim type is heavier aoe than pretty much every brf fight)
    Malvanis | <Scuffed> OCE

Drop by if you have any DH questions:
    http://www.twitch.tv/malvanis

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice. Gonna go with the higher ilvl stuff since it sims a lil higher. That extra hp ain't bad either.

%1.80 crit, %2.6 Mastery and %2.4 multistrike. for only 40 str lose and some other shitty stats like haste versatility.

Are you kidding, ofcourse use the 2nd set, screw the item level and screw sims, and screw comments that leads you to haste and versa. Seriously you will see the difference yourself with those stats. Always avoid haste & versa when you pick a gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragefreak View Post
    %1.80 crit, %2.6 Mastery and %2.4 multistrike. for only 40 str lose and some other shitty stats like haste versatility.

Are you kidding, ofcourse use the 2nd set, screw the item level and screw sims, and screw comments that leads you to haste and versa. Seriously you will see the difference yourself with those stats. Always avoid haste & versa when you pick a gear.
    Set bonuses are the only thing that allows you to use lower ilvl pieces. Sure, warforged won't push it over, but if you have crit mastery normal wrists and a heroic warforged drops damn the stats the str alone will carry them. Anything past 10 item levels the Str is enough to override everything. Even crit is still little half the value of Str iirc, and haste / vers are around 30-25 or so.

This is WoD now man, Str is king. Get as much as possible first.

(This doesn't apply to Trinkets, they have their own teir-ing)

instead of haste versatility shit, you can use 10 item levels lower crit mastery items with your eyes closed and you can count on it. Tier offpieces are obvious, hands or shoulders since they don't have crits on them, i prefer to use shoulder offset from blackhand, but not everyone can obtain it, so you can go for gloves for hans and franz.

Another thing is there is 21 item levels difference in your example, normal mode (670) vs heroic wf (691). Yes that much str can change the main pattern, but in another angle there is no crit mastery wrists in game atm, so there is nothing to compare, 691 wins very easily no worries.