Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Make Mythic 20 man first month, flex 10-20 after

I think it would be a great idea for Blizzard to do this, not only for the health of their game and raid interest, but to also help out guilds that are currently struggling with roster issues.

Making it 20 man for the first month will eliminate any debate over world first and unbalancing, after the first month when all the cutting edge guilds will be done with mythic and full cleared, make it flex 10-20 so that other guilds can have an opportunity.

Personally, my guild is 7/10M and we dont have roster issues, but this would be good to implement for other guilds.

And before anyone declares that this will nerf mythic making it feel easier and less cutting edge, you might need to wake up. Nerfs happen all the time, with the recent blackhand mythic nerfs and blast furnace on mythic, as well as back in siege of orgrimmar when the item level upgrade got a boost to 4/4 instead of 2/2. Nerfs happen all the time, this wont be anything new.

Yes, no ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    I think it would be a great idea for Blizzard to do this, not only for the health of their game and raid interest, but to also help out guilds that are currently struggling with roster issues.

Making it 20 man for the first month will eliminate any debate over world first and unbalancing, after the first month when all the cutting edge guilds will be done with mythic and full cleared, make it flex 10-20 so that other guilds can have an opportunity.

Personally, my guild is 7/10M and we dont have roster issues, but this would be good to implement for other guilds.

And before anyone declares that this will nerf mythic making it feel easier and less cutting edge, you might need to wake up. Nerfs happen all the time, with the recent blackhand mythic nerfs and blast furnace on mythic, as well as back in siege of orgrimmar when the item level upgrade got a boost to 4/4 instead of 2/2. Nerfs happen all the time, this wont be anything new.

Yes, no ?
    No. Blizzard would still have to waste (clearly dwindling) resources trying to balance for 10-20. Mythic at 20 is fine. Roster issues are self-imposed by guilds and not the responsibility of blizzard to cater too.

The highest-level difficulty does not need to be flex. Whether or not 20 is the perfect number is up for debate (personally, I like it), but trying to make the content dynamically scale would simply be too much of an investment for something that doesn't even need it.

Guilds need to either recruit better or start merging. Honestly, there just is way too many guilds that are claiming to be "mythic" guilds, when they really have small hopes of getting far. If smaller guilds were to merge together, their chances of progressing (and even hitting the 20m mark) would go way up.

I think people just got used to being able to have a small "friends and family" guild go into 10m and do decently, and have not been able to adjust/open themselves up to a bigger group.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO. And good god, mods, can you start infracting people who spam the same basic thread over and over?

If they change Mythic at all, they should make it fixed 15 person. That would have been easier for many 10 man raids to adapt to and not that hard for a 25 person raid (who, if they're serious, probably have 27-29 anyway). But flexMythic misses the entire damn point as you'd know if you read this forum at all.

Pretty sure that was already here and not even long ago. Still no. Wouldn't care if it happened once the tier was done though.

Deleted
    Oh god no.. that would be horrible.

Honestly a worse idea than having 10 vs 25. As if we already don't hear enough "I did it when it was hard"

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people keep trying to force their idea of Flex or 10man Mythic onto this forum? The entire point of Mythic is that it's one, fixed raid size so Blizzard don't have a clusterfuck of balancing issues due to lack of CDs or retarded heal/dps/tank ratios.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Please stop with 10 man mythic. It will never happen. Players dont want it. Can't get 20 players for mythic? Join already estabilished guild with some mythic progress. It might be issue with your guild that noone wants to join it.

Pretty sure that was already here and not even long ago.
    Last edited by schhiqiul; 2015-05-08 at 08:34 AM.

20 MAN MYTHIC IS THE WAY TO GO!!!! until you have 19 ppl for mythic blackhand -____-

Ugh, no, please, don't touch mythic.

It might be issue with your guild that noone wants to join it.
    Last edited by corunpiana; 2015-05-09 at 11:20 AM.

Yes, no ?
    FFS, what's with threads being created to discuss topics that are already being discussed in many other threads?

And no, it would be a horrible idea because of the reasons mentioned in those other threads.

Yes, no ?
    Blizzard already stated the reasoning behind creating 20M mythic. They disliked the endless discussion and balancing of 10 and 25 raids. You can flex anything up to and including Heroic difficulty. If you want to raid Mythic than 20 is going to be the required number. The suggestion is silly and you know it's not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW needs to fix problems not create more problems, Mythic was made to get away from 1 problem that has been affecting raiding since Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making it 20 man for the first month will eliminate any debate over world first
    This "debate" is non existent for 99% of wow population no one beside like 200-300 people gives a tiny bit of fuck about who kills what and when, so i doubt Blizzard is making decisions based on some few random nerds fighting over epeen size.

Deleted
    Can ppl will guild issues stop making these topics this is getting annoying

Deleted
    I believe this might be one of the worst suggestions I've ever heard for this game. The balance and design restrictions alone would be insurmountable for even blizzard to handle. How do you strike a good ratio between interesting bosses for 20 man and flexible bosses for 10-20? Do you design for 20 man since its the most important for world progression or do you balance for flex for the majority of raiders? How do you balance something like this without compromising the design of a boss fight?

At least 10/25 is specific and not flexible.

Think this through before you post it.

Deleted
    Mythic is fine, what it is now.