Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Weakaura timetoexecute

anybody a string for timetoexecute weak with variable config for boss life percent

don´t like the addon

anybody an idea?

weakauras is addon

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont like the addon timetoexecute:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pief View Post
    dont like the addon timetoexecute:-)
    As has been discussed recently, when you are going to the extent of creating an addon within weakauras then you should just be using an addon.
    What about that addon do you not like.
    Or is this another example of weakauras for the sake of weakauras.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    want only change the style for me and hope anybody has a string but that start a discuss:-) then rather closed...:-)

Creating a wa for this has some big advantages over an addon. You can change the optics in any way you please.

I think most things that can be done with weak auras should be done with it just because of this.

Weak Auras is the best addon that was created for wow in my opinion. Give me the information I want in the way I want it. That´s fantastic.

@OP: Just find the TimeToDie WA and look where it calculates the time and change that portion to not calculate 100% boss life but 80% (or whatever percantage). That sould do the trick.

I have a good string with avenging wrath and execute phase. its not hard to set up.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    where can i find it?

- - - Updated - - -

where can i find it?

- - - Updated - - -

i found a weak how shows the addon..addon is now auf hide and weak works

thanks for your idea feuer but to change the rules of three in the script is to much

. eugen: i want still see your string

edit: sry i lost die original but there are my costum weak..you need the addon and when want to style it hide addon and use weak
    Code:
    dGeQqaGivsxsiXOOQ6ucXSaH6wiKDbI8leQuddbhJGwgL0ZiuttL6Auv2gvX3ajJJQ05eQwhLsDprjhui1cPu8qrPMicLlsPAJuI(OkrJeHk5KGqwPkEjiqZee1nrOIDsGFsinucrTuqqpfyQsCveQ6RcjDwqaMlHq7f6VIQbJ6WsAXivpgrtMOUSuBMiFgPmAkHttXQPusVwLWSb1Tvv7wKFtLHdsTCbphjtN01vLTti47ukX4ffNxOSEcrMpiG2VYOqSGGkwqfbuiWkKecjcqYkc(iqgbYybbzevsIQv0sFw9yLauqf3JN43wTk0kkr0TheetujjQwrljYhH4eeEFB9wShOIBv8nkr0Tye0zGUMKBzKocOAyjr2zskcSr0sruIdKTBzbbvzzJACPkCUgm0O1bkSGkccnnJlvIbDJaAb3dAeKE)sWqJwhOqbcraSRkJfe8O6Cs4kffshbbhCJfe8FWQblOIkcKnssgYhSgdli4)GvdwqfveOv4oPybb)hSAWcQOIGqLSXcc(py1GfurfveyKrq2Up9QoUy(DGcveqIfuGqSGajxsbgrQrb(UrGSHcA4ASsNrrquira5JsD)sNrrG0lrQgxYFKDgpE8yJ04OgDU9sE2Up9QMd0AqhpiWSsg4XQfDANXJhpE84XJHDKv4XKUp9Qwm)ECwJVS1I53(JquuJo3EjpB3NEvZbAnO7mE84XJhpE8oJhpE84XJhhA9fsJP0GjrdssUWVQ(VgfcwLTDuiyv(kepM09Px1I53e3EiaXJjDF6vTy(Du8qiYoJhpE84XJhVZ4XJh3Wu9oJhpE84XJhhA9fsJVk0QTj476oJhpECNK3PtYi4L0GHgToGfeq(Ou3hbsVePACj)r2z84XJdT(cPXrn6C7L8SDF6vnhO1GooRSgNmW70jzurqOPzCPsmOBeODgfbMKrZjDFOHBTLrbcrqLunUefwqaLwdkwqaL7LKZjTOMsnmciovkTdiGY9sYiaIsAhKQKTigTSSOjkrmQD9IOFHkLisCAztvebUxsMseTXCrtC5cji9HwmcKD5)MIQsRr6iq2Lt5EjzKoQOIaJmcY29Px1XfZVdiGQHLezNjPiiB7ck2HqeObdnADaliqJbDJaYhL6(iG8rPUFUfg5gbKpk19ra5JsD)Cng0ncArOtkciFuQ7JaPxIunUK)i7mE84XgPX(j(KrTNXqPu(Vs3rrj8AKX1K8yIpzuiIIyDvw0WLw4Ou)xHgUgRdxJezSlmM4tgnAjPMunjAz7(0RQ)RqdxJ1HRrg7cJHOu2Up9Qczh5fYoBj5pYy1IoTZ4XJhpE84Xrn6C7L8SDF6vnhO1GooRXrn6C7L8SDF6vnhO1Go2fgFzRfZV9hzNXJhpE84XJdT(cPXA417mE84XnmvVZ4XJhpE84Xrn6C7L8SDF6vnhO1GooRXjd8oJhpE84XJhhA9fsJLQWu9oJhpECNK3PtYiq(fQQXLqGqeq(Ou3NyVqvnUecqa5JsDFb1FJae0IqNukearcaLOfKT9C7cYwuIxqXoeMBxWLrFP9CIxaevG4XImKJgcWoeMdH2V0UGCIbrGOTbY2jgepwKHC0qa2HWCi0(L2fKBxq02az7edveKrujjQwrljYhuEjC7rSyXXHIabRwVrjIU9GaPq93anu1kkWhcSfJSAbAPVBFEiC7tOyR3Ej4tOvuIOBFiiMOssuTIw6Z6TV4ESc1ThXIfkuShuIO7Bei5skcebdLrDbHii9(LGHgToqHceIalAdnlu0sO8fpUxR(I7vOxceUV9IseDdfcGDvzSGGhvNNArOdiDeOv4oPybbuMen4gfyfb)hSAWckWkAdQOIGhvNNQ)gPJGqLSXcc(py1GfurfbpQoxKCPgPJarYLAeamnTEStASObAbZ)xdiq2ijziFWAmSGG)dwnybvurqWb3ybb)hSAWcQOIkcQYYg14sv4CnyOrRduybvurbwXccKCjfyePgfyvicKnuqdxJv6mkcIcjciFuQ7x6mkc8l9sKQXL8hzNXJhpE84XJHDKv4XWY0hN1yiBOd0hDBFzRq2qpudX8FfYg6eRQvBcUl6arcHKWRr2z84XJhpE8yyhzfESA(DXzpttooRXWY0T9LTsSQwfLUT2KQnXeu)T)R2eCx0H8I53fN9mn5t78ott(0(AKDgpE84XJhpg2rwHhRMFxCqqdm84Sgdlt32x2kXQAvu62AtQ2etq93(VAtWDrhYlMFxC2Z0KpTZVWadFnYoJhpE84XJhd7iRWJLCHFvhN1yknys0GKKl8R6oJhpE84XJhhA9fsJLEjs14s(JSZ4XJhpE84XJhpECO1xinwYf(v1)1XrH66yiESA(DXbbnWWqs7mAKDgpE84XJhpUtY70j5i(JSZo7SZoi4L0GHgToGfeq(Ou3hbsVePACj)r2z84XJdT(cPXsvyQENojVZo7SZo7SZo7SZo7GkccnnJlvIbDJaTZOiWKmAoP7dnCRTmkqicIjQKevROL(Il(MGpHXVj4rmbFw9IseDFJaJmckMFxC2Z0KpThBfbAWqJwhWcc0yq3iG8rPUpciFuQ7NRXGUraLw1hfciFuQ7NBHrUrGA(TmciFuQ7JaPxIunUK)i7mE84XHwFH0yn86D6K8o7SZo7SZo7SZo7SZo7SZoiG0IM8ce8GwUQnQiWwmYQfOLEHYB87BXIfhNqCHX94fLi62dcsVFjyOrRduOaHiG0b7cybfieTekVe8yvCCX(UfsWRxpeqjI8jgfyfT0RyXEia1Thc3I9cfu3wrjI8DJceJw6LGpX3X95LWTvXXjq4gLiYNpurGfTHMfkAPhcc9sGqCXXjeNauIJBfLi62lcYiQKevROaI8kgscjqWNxFXfdLpea7QYybbYgjjd5dwJHfe8FWQblOIkccvYgli4)GvdwqfveeCWnwqW)bRgSGkQiqRWDsXcc(py1GfurfbpQoN09Pxv0gurqvw2OgxQcNRbdnADGclOIkkqmwqGKlPaJi1OaRErGSHcA4ASsNrrquira5JsD)sNrrGFPxIunUK)i7mE84XJhpEmSJScpgwM(4SgdzdDG(OB7lBfYg6HAiM)Rq2qNyvTAtWDrhisiKeEnYoJhpE84XJhd7iRWJvZVlo7zAYXzngwMUTVSvIv1QO0T1MuTjMG6V9F1MG7IoKxm)U4SNPjFAN3zAYN2xJSZ4XJhpE84XWoYk8y187IdcAGHhN1yyz62(YwjwvRIs3wBs1MycQ)2)vBcUl6qEX87IZEMM8PD(fgy4Rr2z84XJhpE8yyhzfESKl8R64SgtPbtIgKKCHFv3z84XJhpE84qRVqAS0lrQgxYFKDgpE84XJhpE84XJdT(cPXsUWVQ(VookuJVcXJvZVlo7zAsiPDgnYoJhpE84XJh3j5D6KCe)r2zND2zhe8sAWqJwhWcciFuQ7JaPxIunUK)i7mE84XHwFH0yPkmvVtNK3zND2zND2zND2zNDqfbHMMXLkXGUrG2zueysgnN09HgU1wgfiebXevsIQv0spIVJdfuqfxSqXIHckRErjIUVrGrgbfZVlo7zAYN2iqdgA06awqGgd6gbKpk19ra5JsD)Cng0ncO0Q(Oqa5JsDFei9sKQXL8hzNXJhpo06lKgRHxVtNK3zND2zND2zND2zND2zND2bbKw0KxGGh0YvTra5JsD)ClmYncuZVLrfb2IrwTaT0JxcX9k2RhVEVji(2NhuIOBFii9(LGHgToqHceIashSlGfuGvuabuGyuaburGfTHMfkAjuXf69w4T37Bp(GYJNBuIOBViiJOssuTIwsKppcjqakO8e3Qqce8qWlkr0Thea7QYybbYgjjd5dwJHfe8FWQblOIkccvYgli4)GvdwqfveeCWnwqW)bRgSGkQiqRWDsXcc(py1GfurfbpQoN09Pxv0gurqvw2OgxQcNRbdnADGclOIkQiqeqbcVTkeveb

[QUOTE=Feuerbart;33703491]Creating a wa for this has some big advantages over an addon. You can change the optics in any way you please.
    I think most things that can be done with weak auras should be done with it just because of this.[/url]

It also has some significant drawbacks, including the inability to automatically update the way that stand-alone addons do, and the fact that it's not really a comfortable framework for all sorts of information collection and display.

This isn't a case of "WA is good" or "WA is bad", it's a case of "WA is great for somethings, stand-alone addons are great for some things", where we should be conscious of those trade-offs and mindful of the audience. For example, simple aura based WAs? Most anyone can maintain those.

Complex custom lua triggers, or something like the old Galakras raid-wide "move left/right" fireball management? Unless someone knows lua, recommending that is kind of risky, because they can easily end up in a position where they can't really make it do what they need, even though they want to.

I see no difference in maintainability. If an addon is broken people need to wait on a fix from the author. With a wa it´s the same.

As long as the primal goal is to get a "simple" visible reminder for something I think wa is quiet good for it.

But everyone should do as he pleases. There are people that are not able to install a custom ui despite good documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Feuerbart View Post
    I see no difference in maintainability. If an addon is broken people need to wait on a fix from the author. With a wa it´s the same.
    As long as the primal goal is to get a "simple" visible reminder for something I think wa is quiet good for it.
    But everyone should do as he pleases. There are people that are not able to install a custom ui despite good documentation.
    Yes, the primary difference is how the fix is distributed. With an addon, tools like WoWInterface and Curse provide a central place to obtain updates, as well as tools that help automate the process. Some addon authors even provide their own custom tools to do the same.

With a WA it's pretty ad-hoc. Those sites don't host WAs, there is now "version" attached to them, etc. It's also much more ad-hoc how issues are handled.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Yes, the primary difference is how the fix is distributed. With an addon, tools like WoWInterface and Curse provide a central place to obtain updates, as well as tools that help automate the process. Some addon authors even provide their own custom tools to do the same.

With a WA it's pretty ad-hoc. Those sites don't host WAs, there is now "version" attached to them, etc. It's also much more ad-hoc how issues are handled.
    In addition to potential import format changes which could simply break old strings.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.