Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    it happens some pixel bears died and or/ got corrupted with the cubs or w/e, you shouldn't get heartbroken and emotionally distressed over them

do you go into hysterias when humanoids/humanoid characters or their mother or something dies then? Wat happens when u do the culling of stratholme dungeon.

What about that one NPC in hillsbard foothills, araga or something like that..i always kill it for items..and guess what it spawns a few hours later!

I think you would get a better response from the WoW general forums they LOVE this kind of drama threads
    Seriously, you don't get the context the question was asked in? I bet you also correct people when they say I literately (fill in the blank with something that is not literal)

Games are often intended to draw out an emotional response. Sure it won't and should not be as strong as something in real life, but the emotional pull should still be there.

Anyone who played the Mass Effect series can attest to this. Some decisions were hard and you did not feel good about any of them. That is part of what makes games fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Some lines shouldn't be crossed. And it's Bolton not snow.
    In all fairness if you are referring to the Ramsey in the picture then Snow is correct.

On topic: Just go though Undercity, you should feel dirty and sorta sick after taking a tour of the place, especially the first time.

- - - Updated - - -

In all fairness if you are referring to the Ramsey in the picture then Snow is correct.

[/QUOTE]

Awwww snap, he's right! :P

You know the families of Clefthooves and boars and such crossing the big snowy plains of central Frostfire?
    I came riding one of the early days of the expansion, and saw a tiny Clefthoof calf walking by itself. It was called "Lost Icehoof Calf" or something, and was constantly casting something with the animation of demoralising shout. It had a "Blue sadface" debuff called "Folorn Wail" with the text "cry out in sadness, calling for guidance".
    I felt bad.
    Couldn't really muster the enthusiasm to continue questing after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most recent 'sad' scene I've seen in WoW is when you finish the last quest in Frostfire Ridge, where Gan'ar sacrifices himself to buy time for Drek'Thar to collapse the canyon. After the quest is over, you can find Snowfury, his wolf companion, constantly trying to escavate the rocks, and if you interact with the wolf, you get: "Snowfury mournfully paws at the rubble."
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasolina View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Awwww snap, he's right! :P
    in the books atleast and even in the show he was already referring to himself as Bolton!
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2015-05-08 at 05:48 PM.

Sad picture would be a field of those bears... all skinned, the cub sitting there all alone.
    Over on the right, your quest log says 99/100 bear skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What nobody killed the cub yet? I always aim for the cub, I freaking hate bears.
    We actually have a black bear that visits and gets into stuff here. But anyhoo -

I hate mothers and their whiney kids.

Do you have any whiney kids that are sucking up earth's resources that I can feed to my bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Games are often intended to draw out an emotional response. Sure it won't and should not be as strong as something in real life, but the emotional pull should still be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Why was I not surprised at your post as soon as I seen your name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    Yet another thread that reminds me that WoW players are the worst. Seriously, y'all are worse than CoD players at this point."

Person makes a fun, pointless, whatever post to strike up a discussion and people jump right in to crap all over them for no other reason than to be a prick. I seriously hope you all get gonorrhea of the throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    It's called empathy. Some people have it, some people don't. Just because it's not real doesn't mean it can't stir real emotions. People cry, laugh etc at films, they're not technicality real, yet we relate. Sounds like you need to think outside the box a bit, might be a bit too narrow minded in life
    Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    who hurt you
    whoa whoa

relax here. By you all's logic your character by around lvl 4 is a wretched criminal that has slain over 100 humanoid enemies and by level 100..well....over a hundred thousand? Over a half of the dungeons you do is literally invading someone's personal space and home and slaughtering all their family friends and servants. Yeah you ''kill'' these evil NPC's..what makes them evil..yeah some are with the scourge or w/e and those are evil(im not good at lore)but a lot of them just mind their own business until you come in. What if that Bloodwarder Protector had a family..a home..and u just killed them all. XDDDD Anyways....

All lootable wow NPC's serve as nothing more than loot pinatas there is no story associated with them whatsoever. They all have the same AI , so that ''ultra smart looking NPC with gnomish goggles'' will still run up and crit you with his staff for 3x as much as his ''frostbolt '' wil do when it runs out of mana

Unlike other RPGs's or MMO's such as Oblivion which allows you multiple choices, WoW literally lets you have only one option if you want to complete a Q or loot something an NPC possesses which is required for a quest or an item better than yours, etc- that is to kill the NPC. Ill use that quest with Kaelynara Sunchaser or something. Instead of talking it out, the way you ''confort'' the NPC is by slaying them

Unlike lets say oblivion you had a choice say you need an item from an NPC you could pickpocket it or buy it out or simply kill the NPC. WOW does not have these choices, WoW isn't the game to look for when u want to RP with NPC's. Heck you cant even talk to enemy NPC's unlike oblivion where one could strike conversations, etc.

Until blizzard actually adds these choices - wow NPC's will continue to be meaningless and mindless loot pinatas..and that will probably require them to rewrite the whole engine(which means you wont be seeing these choices)
    Last edited by xXzCoDProxXz; 2015-05-28 at 09:12 PM.

There was that quest in Auberdine (I think), where it ends with the night elf on the dock saying his last words to the spirit of his dead wife.

the most heartbreaking thing for me was the Vanilla quest from Thal'trak Proudtusk, he asked you to find his wife that went on scouting mission to check on ogres. But they all have been ambushed, everyone got killed except her, she was facing the worst fate of them all, they tied her to avatar and smashed her to death in some cruel ritual. Her spirit asked you to get back her ring and give it back to her husband. His reaction was very heart breaking.

Poor Thal'trak. He intended to move with his wife Sha'ni to hinterlands.

And in the aned he gave you back her ring, becuase "it means nothing without her"

I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really expecting this to be a screenshot of the like 200 flying mounts someone has.

I dont think that bear one is even that sad. Just think you could have tamed the mother bear on a hunter and made the baby watch as she abandoned it.

Which just goes to show Hunters are the worst.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The quest where you have to find Anayas Pendant, this was the end result after you turn it in:

Cerellean: Anaya...? Do my eyes deceive me? Is it really you?

Anaya: The ages have been cruel to you and I, my love, but be assured, it is, and at long last we are reunited.

C: That the fates should be so cruel as to permit us only this after a thousand years apart... Do you hate me, my love? That I was forced to destroy your living form, that your spirit be released from unhappy bondage.

A: Let it not trouble your heart, beloved. You have freed me from slavery, and for that I love you all the more. Sadly, even this must be cut short... The ties that bind me to this world weaken, and pull me away...

*Cerellean kneels*

C: No! Anaya... Anaya! Don't leave me! Please...

A: Farewell, Cerellean, until we are joined once again...

*Anaya's soft voice trails away into the mists. "Know that I love you always..."*

C: How, my love? How will I find the strength to face the ages of the world without you by my side...

Say what you will, pretend you are hardened or whatever it is you think will make you look edgy and cool in the eyes of the forum community...I for one found this rather hard to just skip through (and i hate leveling with a passion).

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

There are lots of things that tug at the feels for me in this game OP.

* The bear quest you mentioned
    * The amulet quest in Auberdine
    * The DK starter quest where you have to kill someone you knew in your former life
    * End scene for alliance in Shadowmoon + end scene for horde in Frostfire
    * There is a quest where you have to rescue baby murlocs and that gets me for some reason too

One of WoW's greatest strengths is evoking emotion in what could be considered side quests and they can often be more memorable then the big cut scenes with the big players in Azeroth (Green Jesus scenes for example)

sociopaths tend to show an abnormal amount of empathy towards animals. seek help OP

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Kingslayer_Orkus

Orkus anyone? Seriously I loved Orkus and he's probably one of the few times I managed to actually feel empathy for one of the random NPC's.
    I loved Orkus....he really grew on me as you progressed in his questlines.

I do enjoy the small detail of him riding his Frostwyrm around Tarren Mill, though. If you didn't notice this: DIE and go to Tarren Mill as a ghost, and you will see his spirit riding atop his Frostwyrm.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    sociopaths tend to show an abnormal amount of empathy towards animals. seek help OP
    Think you've got that around the wrong way buddy. Sociopaths tend to treat animals cruelly because they have no empathy for them at all. Lots of serial killers start with animals.