10+ Year Old Account

windfury and multistrike

just recently started leveling an enhancement shaman and ive got a couple of questions how things work.

what is the current windfury good for compared to vanilla ? it used to be 2 extra attacks (100% weapon dmg each) plus additional ap, and that was from 2handers. damage was tremendous
    currently its 3 extra attacks but only 40% weapon dmg (correct me if im wrong) with no additional attack power, so 120% weapon dmg total - from 1 hander.

do those windfury attacks at least have a chance to proc things like maelstrom weapon ? if yes, what else does it interact with ?
    and same goes for multistrike stat, which basically is windfury for all classes in wow now. can multistrike attacks proc something ?

also cuz i cant seem to notice wf, does its dmg still appear as white with 3 separate attacks or is it yellow ? i mean dmg numbers appearing above target head not in combat log.

and whats the deal with searing totem range, is it really 251yd range or its a tooltip bug ??

if theres anything else important u think i should know about current enhancement shamans dont hesitate to post it

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Proskill; 2015-05-08 at 10:02 PM.

Windfury is essentially a passive damage source now. It cannot currently proc Maelstrom weapon, nor can you receive WF procs from multistrikes. It will appear as yellow damage & as separate hits when it does above the target.

Searing Totem range is generally 40yds, the tooltip is just bugged for some crazy reason, not really sure what has caused that.

Anything else you might need to know I'd just direct you over to the guide I wrote stickied in the sub-forum, for anything I personally think is core to the class currently.

Multistrikes don't proc anything unless it's specifically called out in the tooltip. Windfury attacks can multistrike and proc maelstrom weapon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Multistrikes don't proc anything unless it's specifically called out in the tooltip. Windfury attacks can multistrike and proc maelstrom weapon, though.
    Incorrect, Windfury attacks cannot proc Maelstrom Weapon. This is clearly represented by the fact that the 6.2 trinket coming grants Windfury attacks the ability to proc it.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Incorrect, Windfury attacks cannot proc Maelstrom Weapon. This is clearly represented by the fact that the 6.2 trinket coming grants Windfury attacks the ability to proc it.
    I mean, it's easy enough to test it in-game (it can proc maelstrom weapon).

The trinket is obviously a strange mechanic, since it's a flat % based proc chance added onto the base 8 PPM of maelstrom weapon. Chances are each windfury attack will do two separate maelstrom rolls (so each attack would be able to proc 2 charges), because otherwise the chance would be greater-than-100% with the higher ilvl versions of the trinket.
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2015-05-10 at 02:57 AM.