Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Warriors in Hellfire

Now I'm not the greatest warrior but I've been feeling a little disheartened by the entire blackhand encounter, it just isn't a very forgiving warrior fight. Most of my griefs come down to disorganised pug tanks moving in awkward and unpredicted ways along with leaders who insist all melee go into the stands but as I mostly pug this is just something I'd need to factor into my class choice. This along with Fury's Rng factor can really get me down in the dumps at the end of my play sessions as to my decision to play Warrior for WoD.

To be honest the main thing that's kept me from just gearing an alt is the dreaded thought of having to do the entire garrison again in order to get mythic gear and not being able to compete until I get that damn ring again. With a full roster of 675 followers, treasure hunters and bonus supplies it's such a crap feeling to start over with such a boring task. I love gearing, I don't mind gearing again at all, it's mainly that garrisons and the legendary ring are so powerful they kind of nullify any progress I make toward my character until I get them up to par.

My question is from what we've seen of Hellfire so far, how do you think warriors will fair?

The bosses presented so far have had a heap of spread out adds, not really a warrior's speciality.

Deleted
    So far, many of the fights have seemed very melee unfriendly in general. Or at least that's what our melee have been complaining about (I'm prot not dps).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) I don´t think decisions should be tailored around one encounter.
    2) I understand, that you might not have the time for organized raiding and thus have to pug. i will not advice you to search for guilds with fancy raidtimes, because that can be hard on low pop servers. How about you try to find some skilled people, who are in teh same position and fill the most important roles? I mostly raid in an organized guild group but if I have the urge to pug I have a full freindslist of competent people who either search for someone atm or are happy to join me if I build the group myself.
    3) If you are assigned for ranks and your leader is NOT aware, that you will drop in dps, he is an idiot. Every good raidleader will understand, that you as a warrior are either supoptimal for this role or, if he still insists on assigning you to that, that you will not be topping meters. Either way you should not care about other people´s uneducated opinions.
    4) You should in general not care about incompetent people. Tank pulling the boss awkward at blackhand´s? Neither your fault nor your class´ fault.

Regarding hellfire, it appears to be like in every single tier before: Some bosses prefer ranged and some bosses treat melee and ranged equally. but that is old news. I enjoy for 6.2 the slight prot buffs, some tank balancing, and that the class trinket and the t18 bonuses are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Be ready to make sweet love with your Bladestorm, that's all I have to say regarding HFC.. ♥
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Be ready to make sweet love with your Bladestorm, that's all I have to say regarding HFC.. ♥
    ^^ this.

I think there are about 7-8 fights where you'll be bring padstorm.

I hope they buff the Bladestorm weapon damage for Arms. But the guy that should be thinking about this has fallen asleep when fury mastery got introduced.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2015-05-09 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    I hope they buff the Bladestorm weapon damage for Arms. But the guy that should be thinking about this has fallen asleep when fury mastery got introduced.
    are there going to be a lot of "clear" arms fights in HFC?

Deleted
    Council might be an arms fight if you can stack them,everything else pretty much seemed like a fury fight.Most of them aren't mele friendly,so consider rolling a boomkin if you don't want to warm the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Yeah that's a really good point, I mean as boring as arms can get without enough taste for blood rends I don't want to see it gone all together sometimes it's nice when I just want to relax and smash things.

I really don't like how blizzard can say we are fine with some specs having bad single target and good cleave but then turn around and give some specs *cough* firemage *cough* both and then some.

Deleted
    HFC has ALOT of warrior favoured encounters, and melee gets a lot more love in HFC than in BRF (contrary to what was stated above). If you can manage the RNG that you (and apparently 95% of people who play warrior) seem to hate so very much, then stick with the warrior, cus it's looking up for us from a raid perspective.

There will be a ton of cleave/aoe fights in hfc

Deleted
    If you stuck with warrior until this point you would be stupid to abandon it now. This is the point in the expansion where the real fun begins (unless there's some colossal design fuckup somewhere along the lines). Especially with Bladestorm abuse on shit like Kromrok hands or Iskar adds.

The only thing that I would like to see changed for Fury Warriors in HfC is the 4 piece being Raging Blow crits instead of Wild Strike crits and the cooldown reduction being adjusted accordingly.

Please enlighten us. Not all of us is rading with Astur on the PTR and I personally would love to have some information concerning certain encounters.

I was about to jump into the rerolling road but you guys are making me doubt my decision now =.= I just hate that they're working Fury around Wild Strike. It's such an annoying ability to use, specially in my case where I play with a base latency of 180 ms. I do like Arms more but I don't feel that the scaling of it with the gear levels to come will help too much.
    Will have to wait and see I suppose.

Pretty bummed about this. I really consider the fights where we can snooze-storm our way to a good rank as complete cheese fights.

Single target sustained damage is what I've always enjoyed. Back in the day, my guild used to put me on the priority targets that absolutely had to die quickly. Not anymore.

Burst AoE is a ridiculously stupid niche for Fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottalot View Post
    Please enlighten us. Not all of us is rading with Astur on the PTR and I personally would love to have some information concerning certain encounters.
    Well here's some enlightenment

Lower your volume if you don't want to hear my delicious static noise mic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B63wg03CP4?t=3312
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2015-05-10 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    I want to know, is HFC more in favor of Arms?

BRF had only 1, maybe 2 good Arms fights (Hansgar and Maidens). How is arms in HFC?

OFF-TOPIC: I remember Arms being huge in Highmaul, it's been a while back, so someone wanna refresh for me what exactly the nerfs were?

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    I want to know, is HFC more in favor of Arms?

BRF had only 1, maybe 2 good Arms fights (Hansgar and Maidens). How is arms in HFC?

OFF-TOPIC: I remember Arms being huge in Highmaul, it's been a while back, so someone wanna refresh for me what exactly the nerfs were?

Darmac was an incredibly strong Arms fight during early progression. Execute cleave like crazy on the mounts was very strong and contributed to being #1 or 2 on every kill target during our first kill. Once farm hit though, Fury pulled ahead thanks to some cheesy brostorm stuff.

A big difference between Highmaul and BRF was the inclusion of tier bonuses and several very strong Arms fights (Brackenspore, Twin Ogron, Tectus, Imperator)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmaz View Post
    Pretty bummed about this. I really consider the fights where we can snooze-storm our way to a good rank as complete cheese fights.

Single target sustained damage is what I've always enjoyed. Back in the day, my guild used to put me on the priority targets that absolutely had to die quickly. Not anymore.

Burst AoE is a ridiculously stupid niche for Fury.
    Why would you rank higher with bladestorm, every other warrior will also be using it. Unless you're talking about people saving cooldowns for aoe, on a fight with high priority single target objectives, then I guess that would be in the cheesing category.

I agree with the statement in general though, as Archi says, if the answer isn't bladestorm or execute, we're kinda sub-par.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thispy View Post
    A big difference between Highmaul and BRF was the inclusion of tier bonuses and several very strong Arms fights (Brackenspore, Twin Ogron, Tectus, Imperator)
    I'd say the Execute nerf is the main reason for it, Arms was better than Fury on ST at some point. There's still plenty of fights to sweep executes in BrF, it's just not as big as it used to be.