Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemenia View Post
    I don't think you can consider ignoring a mechanic to gain DPS a downside though.
    Many bosses have raid wide magic damage at some point, and DKs don't need to force it to get their precious PR. It's important to note that PR is not as "important" as rage for us though.
    It's not that ignoring a mechanic to gain DPS is a downside, it's that (when able) it encourages you to use it for DPS more than survivability; since survivability can be made up through other means, while DPS cannot. Warriors faced a similar concern in MoP wherein they could choose between using Defensive Stance to mitigate damage or Berserker Stance to gain DPS. It sounds great, who doesn't want more damage? Unfortunately it encourages selfish, personal play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Why bring that up...you don't even have to do much stance dance except furnace on any other fights unless you screw up, so...blackhand is the black sheep! And its not a shit fight for all melee when i am talking about survivability here, nothing about dps. Anyway, i don't even care about Blizz's bs anymore, i just do what most raiders do, i guess, do my best with what i got to work with and hope i don't get sit on a fight.
    Well if you dont have to do it then why are you complaining about warrior survivability? And I mean, if u are not talking about dps, you can go def stance and just run with the ranged group and u will survive just fine, what other aspect on that fight except for the 1st phase is hard to survive? And if you are saying that u "dont even have to do" stance dancing on other fights than maybe furnance.... what? Why wouldnt u, for example, dance the gruul slice , why make the fight harder for no reason? As I mentioned before, I think warrior survivability is fine, it would just be abit QoL to have an "oh shit" button that makes you escape death incase u mess up badly.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    Being stubborn about it, not understand what i am saying just so you can somehow prove you're right, yeah... I said you don't have to use it much, i didn't say you don't have to use it at all. And that is for progress, now noone cares, you can't die. In furnace ph3 you stance dance every few sec, you don't do that on any other fight. In your example, Gruul you swap to def how many times? 5-6? You consider that a lot? And that is just for the slice instantly, you don't sit on it like Blackhand ph1. And because you brought it up, blackhand is the last boss, obviously i care about that fight more than the rest as you should too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Being stubborn about it, not understand what i am saying just so you can somehow prove you're right, yeah... I said you don't have to use it much, i didn't say you don't have to use it at all. And that is for progress, now noone cares, you can't die. In furnace ph3 you stance dance every few sec, you don't do that on any other fight. In your example, Gruul you swap to def how many times? 5-6? You consider that a lot? And that is just for the slice instantly, you don't sit on it like Blackhand ph1. And because you brought it up, blackhand is the last boss, obviously i care about that fight more than the rest as you should too.
    Well as I said before, melees are crap on that fight, what other classes other than rogues have a cakewalk when it comes to their survivability on that fight? And you are really basing our defensive stance in regards to 1 boss phase throughout the entire tier and making it sound as if it's complete useless compared to other melee's alternative. Because if u sit in it for 3 minutes it's a big hit to your dps. I can give you a pro tip, if you are alive you do more dps than if you are dead (shocking, I know). There are larger issues to why warriors (melee in general) were not brought to BH by default, other than defensive stance having a negative impact on our rage regen. It was not impossible to bring a warrior for that fight, but why bring a warrior when you can bring X-ranged that would do a better job (granted they had the skill obv).

Also, 5-6 times... why would it matter if it's "alot" or not? the 2nd /3rd slice could kill you in the start, or did your healers magically just happen to have everyone in the raid topped at all times?

And obviously Im talking about fucking progression, who gives a flying fuck about how well you can survive a farm encounter, really dude....

Im just gonna stop here because it's going nowhere, you are entitled to your opinion, have a good day.
    Last edited by nowish; 2015-05-20 at 11:06 AM.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Quote Originally Posted by nowish View Post
    Well as I said before, melees are crap on that fight, what other classes other than rogues have a cakewalk when it comes to their survivability on that fight? And you are really basing our defensive stance in regards to 1 boss phase throughout the entire tier and making it sound as if it's complete useless compared to other melee's alternative. Because if u sit in it for 3 minutes it's a big hit to your dps. I can give you a pro tip, if you are alive you do more dps than if you are dead (shocking, I know). There are larger issues to why warriors (melee in general) were not brought to BH by default, other than defensive stance having a negative impact on our rage regen. It was not impossible to bring a warrior for that fight, but why bring a warrior when you can bring X-ranged that would do a better job (granted they had the skill obv).

Also, 5-6 times... why would it matter if it's "alot" or not? the 2nd /3rd slice could kill you in the start, or did your healers magically just happen to have everyone in the raid topped at all times?

And obviously Im talking about fucking progression, who gives a flying fuck about how well you can survive a farm encounter, really dude....

Im just gonna stop here because it's going nowhere, you are entitled to your opinion, have a good day.
    As a fellow swede i agree ofc
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>