Deleted

Questions concerning end-game

Hey all,

I have played this game for a little while on f2p (it is absolutely terrible) but despite that I am enjoying the personal story (I am level 34 assassin) and I am considering subbing and purchasing the expansions.

First I have a few questions though.
    - What kind of content is there to do when I hit max level in this game?
    - How does acquiring end-game gear work?
    - What can I do in the game after I have acquired a full set of end-game gear? Is it like in WoW where I am "done" with that character and can basically just stand around or do the same content again I just spend a month doing in order to get the gear?
    - is the world alive (world pvp/world bosses/group content) or is everyone just standing around on their factions' space station all day queuing up?
    - How is the PvP class balance?
    - How good is the class' "internal" balance, meaning are all 3 of the specializations within a class equally good/viable choices?
    - Will I ever use Force Lightning as non darkness-Assassin?
    - Are there any weekly/daily class (story) quests at end-game?

I think that is all, thanks in advance for anyone who takes time to answer my questions.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    -End game is like Wow.
    -Wpvp (on pve servers) consist of 4-5 ppl trying to force flag ppl doing dailies.
    -Yavin, Rishi, and Ziost have decent pops.
    -There is a side quest depending on your class on Rishi.
    You cared enough to post.

First I have a few questions though.

What kind of content is there to do when I hit max level in this game?
    Endgame here is the same as everywhere else. Do dailies get comms get decent gear hawk your want for ops on fleet.

- How does acquiring end-game gear work?
    Endgame gear is almost the same as WoW.. there are lots more ways of getting some good decent starter end game gear. Oricon, Rishii and Ziost all offer pieces of blue gear as mission reqards and as you do your HM FPs and SM ops you will get some more good higher gear.

- What can I do in the game after I have acquired a full set of end-game gear? Is it like in WoW where I am "done" with that character and can basically just stand around or do the same content again I just spend a month doing in order to get the gear?
    Yes it is the same as WoW and all other MMOs wait on fleet for a grp to form or run it with a guild.

- is the world alive (world pvp/world bosses/group content) or is everyone just standing around on their factions' space station all day queuing up?
    No, WB kills are not that prevalent except for the new Ziost WB and some times Makeb.

- How is the PvP class balance?
    Same as all MMOs there are those that are OP and the FotM right now I think thats Assasins and Juggs not sure as I dont pvp much.

- How good is the class' "internal" balance, meaning are all 3 of the specializations within a class equally good/viable choices?
    All three Roles are good and provide their own challenges for their role in a Grp or Op. I LOVE Manndo/Merc Healing and PT/Vang tanking.

- Will I ever use Force Lightning as non darkness-Assassin?
    Force lightning is your bread and butter of the Madness spec but atm that is the LAST spec you want to be for Ops. You can through a FL occasionally in the Lightning tree but it will come at a dps loss. I personally LOVE Lightning as it gives you three different ways to use lightning and a uber lightning blast.

- Are there any weekly/daily class (story) quests at end-game?
    NO... No class story dailies but there are PLENTY of dailies to go around.

Hope the above offers you some light on the endgame

Is everything just about the Ops, or is there meaningful small group content? aka are there meaningful 4 mans to run at end game or is it like wow, were they aren't worth running.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirhark View Post
    Is everything just about the Ops, or is there meaningful small group content? aka are there meaningful 4 mans to run at end game or is it like wow, were they aren't worth running.
    The end game 4 mans are decent enough. You can get some decent gear but I think most run them for the walker mount drop and to finish the 3/week so they get the weekly missions done and the ultimate comms for doing it.

Once you get some OPS gear, you're not going to need the gear from there but the mount and ultimate comms are a decent enough reason to run them. Even with ultimate comms not being the best optimized stat wise, It makes great filler gear and if your NOT an OPS running, it makes decent 198 gear.

EDIT: Needed to change credits to comms.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-05-11 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The end game 4 mans are decent enough. You can get some decent gear but I think most run them for the walker mount drop and to finish the 3/week so they get the weekly missions done and the ultimate credits for doing it.

Once you get some OPS gear, you're not going to need the gear from there but the mount and ultimate comms are a decent enough reason to run them. Even with ultimate comms not being the best optimized stat wise, It makes great filler gear and if your NOT an OPS running, it makes decent 198 gear.
    Awesome thank you for the insight. I'm not sure how much I want to get into raiding so I wanted to be sure there was still content for me to do at max level. Also I'm trying to decide between putting time into swtor and FF14 and so far i'm liking swtor if for no other reason than the 12x xp.

You'll have a good bit of content to hit plus with the added weekly ultimate comms to older OPS. You can go back and run them for appearance stuff and mount and have a bit easier time doing the older content you missed. Getting the ultimate comms for doing them is just a nice perk even if your not big into the newest operations.