Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by inexcitus View Post
    Hello,

I will the errors today. I think the second error could be related to the first one, but I will into it.

@Lyon. That's very strange. Have to tried reinstalling the program? Don't you get any error messages? Really strange.
    Yeah I've tried reinstalling it a couple of times. I don't get any errors at all. I have no clue where the application installed to, and under the registry keys for Warcraft Tools, all that's there is CloseAction set to Exit, and (Default) with no value set.

The new version is online, the Work Orders Bug should be fixed now (please recreate the WoW Addon!)
    I also updated the Download Manager Overlay.

@Lyon: Do you still encounter the problem with 1.0.3? What happens when you press the "Alt" key in the program?

Inexcitus,

Thx for your time. The Work Order Bug is fixed The overlay does give the same exact error msg though. I play 5 toons at once though, so maybe it's something I'd have to do without for now.

Ok, I will look into that.
    1.0.5 is online: The new Auto-Overlay feature is implemented. You can enable or disable this feature in the options. When enabled, the overlay opens when you start WoW and closes when you close WoW (with a delay, but the process isn't closed immediatley, I don't know why, but the WoW process stays alive for wuite some time after it is closed).

10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation having the same problem as @Lyon...

tried the alt key, nothing.....

Do you also use Windows 7 x64?

Instead of by char breakdown what about full acount breakdowns ie stuff like

40 out of 50 follower missions done Score: 80%

9 out of 10 boat missions done. Score 90%

Work orders ect ect

And a big overall score that would tell at a glance if you need to get your shit together and clean up your alts garrisons or if waiting a few more hours would be better

That would be all behimd the scenes math that any program could do. If you are looking for more stuff to track here are some suggestions ( some of these might not be possible i have never worked with wow lua or api)

Garrison cache
    Inn recruitment
    Salvage crates
    Raid mission respawn timer
    Coins bought this reset
    Rare mission respawn timers (guesstimated)
    Total proff crafting mats in bags/bank/pending orders

A "Summary" (or "get your shit together page" ) sounds great, I will definately implement that.

Your suggestions:

- Garrison cache --> Was already implemented, the code is still on my hard disk, so no problem to implement, Don't ask me why I didn't implement that yet in the new version...
    - Inn recruitment --> Have to check the API
    - Salvage crates --> Will be implemented
    - Raid mission respawn timer --> Hard to tell, there is no API function. I could track any killed NPC's and check the ID. If the ID is a rare mob, i will start a timer? Can't tell yet.
    - Coins bought this reset --> Will be implemented
    - Rare mission respawn timers (guesstimated) --> Aren't the missions random? I guess it's pretty hard to predict when a certain mission could be available, but definately not impossible. I will look into that.
    - Total proff crafting mats in bags/bank/pending orders --> No problem, will be implemented.

Right now I'm implementing the "Weekly Tasks" Page. You can create weekly tasks (i.e. farm a mount with character X, farm legendaries etc.). There will also be a Widget for that page and a button that creates tasks automatically. When you don't have a rare mount, tasks for that mount will be created etc.

Edit: "Preview" Summary Page:

Blue: Missions (Percentage working): Left side will have information about complete missions, total missions count (separated into regular and naval missions).
    Yellow: Work Orders (Percentage working) (don't know what I will display here yet).
    Green: Additional (Percentage not working): Salve Crates, Resource Cache, Herb Garden, Mine, any more suggestions?

Bottom: Total pogress bar. This bar will have an additional timer. This datetime will be the point where you can login and everything will be ready.

The basic infrastructure for the addon is also implemented.
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-10-11 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation having the same problem as @Lyon...

Yes, I am using Win7 x64. I have VS2012 installed with .net 4.6.

Any help you need will gladly be provided

inexcitus that sounds amazing you completely sold me on this program and I will for sure be using it a lot in the future

I can help you with some of the stuff you had problems with.

- Raid mission respawn timer: You don't need any API call just check when a character last looted his raid crate or when the mission was completed and blizzard has told us the mission has a 14 day respawn so just look for mission complete and start a 14 day countdown. (need to have done the mission once with the addon running for this to work.) If you need help I think you can look a lot at how masterplan does it with follower missions with previous tiers boxes in their code. They only have it for the follower mission tables so you have a chance to do it for boat mission and current tier plus having it outside the game.

- Rare mission respawn timers: I am unsure. There must be a lot of data around about kinda how often these types of mission appears but I have no idea if you can find actually useful stuff about if it's normally 1 rare mission per week you get or 10 just give the user a ballfigure of if they should expect 0, 1, 5 rare missions when logging in and checking their chars. Once you know the general respawn timers of gold mission you can do same thing as the raid cache missions. You would need to dive into the mess on how the hell missions are generated and that might be super easy or very hard.

That summary page looks like a great start. I would add so on mouseover you get a percentage breakdown of each char so lets say

MISSION COMPLETETION BAR 84%

Main 20%
    Alt 1 100%
    Alt 2 100%
    Alt 3 100%
    Alt 4 100%

Things that does not have a given max limit you can just make up some default values. Salve Crates how many salvage crates do you think enough to go on a salvage spree? theoretically Before the take up your entire bags and bank and you can't store more of them so max 11x 30(all slot bags)*20 6600 boxes would be around the most a character can carry so not higher than that value. Realistically maybe around 10 stacks they start to be annoying on your bank space so could be 200 boxes is default value would be 100%.

Make up some numbers for the other ones Cache would be 500. Best thing would be let the user configure the default value anytime to fit them.

And a again great work happy to be able to give you some ideas.

Every suggestion is appreciated
    Regarding the boxes, I thought about 100 Boxes as a max count. That doesn't sound that much, but do people really stack those that high? A couple of days ago I had to open ~70 boxes with one character and even that was pretty annoying
    But it's like you said, I will just make up a number. Most likely the max. data will be stored in a xml sheet that is generated whenever the addon is created, so the user can adjust the data.

And there is one feature I really(!) would like to implement - An overview over the auctions on the Black Market Auction House, but unfortunately there is no API for that

Quote Originally Posted by jam4 View Post
    Yes, I am using Win7 x64. I have VS2012 installed with .net 4.6.

Any help you need will gladly be provided
    Did you try to attach to the process? Maybe there is a exception that is thrown before the UnahndledException-Handler is registered. It's worth a try, but again, that problem seems very strange to me.
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-10-12 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unhandled exception at 0x000007fefda7b16d in : 0xE0434352: 0xe0434352.

Yeah, I know real helpful....

Kept forgetting to check back in on this. I downloaded the latest version (1.0.5) and this is the error I got right after installing:

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01:	WarcraftTools.exe
      Problem Signature 02:	1.0.5.0
      Problem Signature 03:	561a1d73
      Problem Signature 04:	System.Data.SQLite
      Problem Signature 05:	1.0.97.0
      Problem Signature 06:	5564fcee
      Problem Signature 07:	d6
      Problem Signature 08:	93
      Problem Signature 09:	System.Data.SQLite.SQLite
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	7124
      Additional Information 2:	71241fae74bf7f70f8ce37c58502bd58
      Additional Information 3:	c529
      Additional Information 4:	c52961804c1bb51f275b715228e69d73
    After that error, I got this one:

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
      Application Name:	WarcraftTools.exe
      Application Version:	1.0.5.0
      Application Timestamp:	561a1d73
      Fault Module Name:	KERNELBASE.dll
      Fault Module Version:	6.1.7601.18869
      Fault Module Timestamp:	556366fd
      Exception Code:	c000041d
      Exception Offset:	000000000000b3dd
      OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:	1033
      Additional Information 1:	017b
      Additional Information 2:	017baff2d3afdc5c0756e2dfa13b4664
      Additional Information 3:	b0a4
      Additional Information 4:	b0a407a03690377ed75f3dd1b9ce7a2b
    EDIT:
    Used CCLeaner to remove the application entirely and do a fresh install. No error after installing, but still had the grey screen. Used CCleaner again, checked the AppData and saw a "WTools" folder, but the date on it was 5/24 so I'm not sure if that was related to WarcraftTools or something else entirely. Installed the application and it's working...kind of. I can't see the menu at all, but mousing over where the menu options shows me the dropdowns:

http://i.imgur.com/4oSrnKY.png?1

Clicking the Addon button crashes the app with the following error: http://pastebin.com/zd2DfaKR
    (Put it in a pastebin since this post is getting long)
    Last edited by Lyon; 2015-10-13 at 10:10 AM.

Do you play on a server that contains a ' like Mal'Ganis? That yould be the reason for the exception in the SQLite assembly.

No, but I do play on Area 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    No, but I do play on Area 52.
    I keep on investigating

I simply can not decide how to design the new summary page. Now with new circular progress bars.

Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-10-14 at 06:00 PM.

1.1.0.3 is up:

• (First version of the) Summary Page
    • SLightly redesigned Options Page
    • Added Mission Type
    • Accents
    • New Currencies: Pet Charms and Timewarped Badge
    • About Page with changelog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Kept forgetting to check back in on this. I downloaded the latest version (1.0.5) and this is the error I got right after installing:

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01:    WarcraftTools.exe
      Problem Signature 02:    1.0.5.0
      Problem Signature 03:    561a1d73
      Problem Signature 04:    System.Data.SQLite
      Problem Signature 05:    1.0.97.0
      Problem Signature 06:    5564fcee
      Problem Signature 07:    d6
      Problem Signature 08:    93
      Problem Signature 09:    System.Data.SQLite.SQLite
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    7124
      Additional Information 2:    71241fae74bf7f70f8ce37c58502bd58
      Additional Information 3:    c529
      Additional Information 4:    c52961804c1bb51f275b715228e69d73
    After that error, I got this one:

Code:
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
      Application Name:    WarcraftTools.exe
      Application Version:    1.0.5.0
      Application Timestamp:    561a1d73
      Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
      Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.18869
      Fault Module Timestamp:    556366fd
      Exception Code:    c000041d
      Exception Offset:    000000000000b3dd
      OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
      Locale ID:    1033
      Additional Information 1:    017b
      Additional Information 2:    017baff2d3afdc5c0756e2dfa13b4664
      Additional Information 3:    b0a4
      Additional Information 4:    b0a407a03690377ed75f3dd1b9ce7a2b
    EDIT:
    Used CCLeaner to remove the application entirely and do a fresh install. No error after installing, but still had the grey screen. Used CCleaner again, checked the AppData and saw a "WTools" folder, but the date on it was 5/24 so I'm not sure if that was related to WarcraftTools or something else entirely. Installed the application and it's working...kind of. I can't see the menu at all, but mousing over where the menu options shows me the dropdowns:

http://i.imgur.com/4oSrnKY.png?1

Clicking the Addon button crashes the app with the following error: http://pastebin.com/zd2DfaKR
    (Put it in a pastebin since this post is getting long)
    Exactly what I get. Playing on Silvermoon. Looks like a really interesting desktop app if it would work for me *g*

Sadly i got the same problems as Lyon and the others... Only a grey screen, and when i click somewhere its crashing.

Any more Information like character names, servers you play on?
    Those nasty SQL errors are very hard to deal with without any further information.

If you dont want to share your character names here you can send me a PM.

Edit: You could also send the database file which is stored in %AppData%/WarcraftTools and/or your World of Warcraft/WTF folder.
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-10-31 at 11:16 AM.