Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by inexcitus View Post
    Any more Information like character names, servers you play on?
    Those nasty SQL errors are very hard to deal with without any further information.

If you dont want to share your character names here you can send me a PM.

Edit: You could also send the database file which is stored in %AppData%/WarcraftTools and/or your World of Warcraft/WTF folder.
    Use prepared statements. A part of me dies when someone is not using them.

Any more Information like character names, servers you play on?
    Those nasty SQL errors are very hard to deal with without any further information.

If you dont want to share your character names here you can send me a PM.

Edit: You could also send the database file which is stored in %AppData%/WarcraftTools and/or your World of Warcraft/WTF folder.
    I'm playing on Jaedenar-EU with a simple name Jarg. I doubt its the issue, because i couldnt create the addon itself, when i start up the program simply the grey screen, dont have any warcraft tools files neither in wow folder neither in appdata folder.

I'm setting up a new VM right now, lets see if I can reproduce the error somehow.
    @Cracked: Prepared statements? What do you mean?

I filter the escape characters from servers/names ('), but I think that's the only thing I can do, isn't it? If you have further tips, I'm all ears

Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    Dont have any warcraft tools files neither in wow folder neither in appdata folder.
    So I guess the error occurs before any logic of the program is executed, because creating the database is one of the first thing the program does.
    Maybe a runtime is missing? What OS do you use?

Another Edit: I'm trying to get rid of the C++ SQLite assembly, maybe there is a native C# assembly out there...just a tiny bit more patience
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-10-31 at 03:24 PM.

I'm setting up a new VM right now, lets see if I can reproduce the error somehow.
    @Cracked: Prepared statements? What do you mean?

I filter the escape characters from servers/names ('), but I think that's the only thing I can do, isn't it? If you have further tips, I'm all ears

So I guess the error occurs before any logic of the program is executed, because creating the database is one of the first thing the program does.
    Maybe a runtime is missing? What OS do you use?

Another Edit: I'm trying to get rid of the C++ SQLite assembly, maybe there is a native C# assembly out there...just a tiny bit more patience
    Im using win7 x64. (edit: gonna try to run a windows update, havent done it for a year or so )
    Last edited by Jarg; 2015-10-31 at 03:46 PM.

I don't think that that's the problem, but it doesn't hurt
    I just sent you a PM with a "Special delivery". I replaced the native SQLite dll file with another one, so hopefully it works now.

Thank you! Atm reinstalling the framework, maybe that helps, and will install the tool withe the new framework!

update: after reintalling it has asked to make the addon and when i clicked yes it crashed.... (used the one what you sent via pm.)
    Last edited by Jarg; 2015-10-31 at 04:46 PM.

Do you see any UI now (main menu etc.?).
    I will check that out.

Same as before, if i hover over the area where should be the menu the dropdown menus showing up and whenever i click any of them (oprions or anything else) it crashes.

Okay, in my VM I get the same error - and that's just great, because now I can debug the program

- - - Updated - - -

1.1.0.6 is online and the bug should finally be fixed.

The problem was that when no temp folder was created, the database could not be created.

Okay, in my VM I get the same error - and that's just great, because now I can debug the program

- - - Updated - - -

1.1.0.6 is online and the bug should finally be fixed.

The problem was that when no temp folder was created, the database could not be created.
    Wow! Thanks, that was fast. Indeed, it started to work as expected. Gonna get you back when i've tested its modules!

Sounds great. Have fun with it
    Just updated the program once more, just to disable the Overlay Designer - that's for 1.2.0.0

Hello,

I guess it's time for another small update:
    I'm working on 1.2.0.0 and the two new key features are

• A new "Support" tool that replaces the exception window (finished)
    • The new Tasks page where you can define tasks for your characters you want to do on a daily / weekly basis (with overlay and summary support). (not yet finished)

I have a lot of characters and it keeps getting harder to keep track of what i already did on which character, so I think the Tasks could be very helpful. There are the following categories:

OldRaid ,
    CurrentRaid,
    PvP,
    Quest,
    Legendary (implemented),
    Mount (implemented),
    Farming

Some Screenshots:

The "support assistant" also sends the exception data, but it is no longer displayed in the window (a file "Assertion.txt" is generated in the %AppData%/WarcraftTools folder).
    The Task overview is not yet finished, I don't think that there is enough information yet.
    You can always send me feedback or suggestions
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-11-07 at 04:05 PM.

I just uploaded a new version. The common NullReferenceException should be fixed.
    The final version 1.2.0.0 should be released on the weekend.

Hello again,

1.1.0.13 is online. This is just another small update, but it fixes another possible NullReferenceException. This Exception was thrown when you started the program to the tray. Keep in mind that this version is mainly the 1.2 Debug build and there may be some buttons (Like the forward/previous) ones that are currently displayed - but not working properly (that feature is also coming in 1.2).

1.2 is making good progress so far:
    - You can create "Tasks" for your characters. I have 7 characters and sometimes it's hard to keep track of what I already did. So why not create tasks for the characters?
    - Legendaries
    - Mounts
    - Raid Pets
    - You are able to automatically create tasks. Mount and Pet data is downloaded via the Blizzard API. Then it is checked if you have collected the rare mounts, lets say Invincible. If you have not collected it, you can create the task.

- I also want to improve the navigation of the program. The summary page now uses "Tiles" and once you click a tile, the corresponding page opens.

Regards,
    Sascha
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-11-14 at 08:17 AM.

For some reason I cant run this program. After instal Im getting message that after translation is something like "Cant run this application. Contact...."

Do I need something else to make this work?

Hey inexcitus,
    Would it be possible to add Kazzak IDs to the lockout overview?
    "A raid is when a bunch of people who play the game too much get together to play the game some more"

@Mamut: Could you maybe post a screenshot?

@eyrie: I will add Kazzak, yes.

Edit: I wanted to upload 1.2.0.0 last weekend, but it is still not quite ready yet.

The latest changes:

The "Items of interest" and some currencies are now shown in the status bar (with an upcoming version you will be able to configure which items are shown):

When you click on the currency or item, a menu poips up showing more detailed information:

The Overlay Window can now show multiple pages. On the second page you'll find the new tasks overlay (you can either use the buttons or the mousewheel to change pages):

The duplicate gold information panel will be replaced with a progress bar of your tasks.

Full changelog so far: Changelog

I think I'll release 1.2.0 in the upcoming week.

Regards,
    Sascha
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-11-22 at 03:54 PM.

I'm interested in this addon but my virus scanners say it has malware built in.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboard View Post
    I'm interested in this addon but my virus scanners say it has malware built in.
    What scanner do you use?
    https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/9...is/1448692155/
    That's the latest version 1.2.0.0.

I don't like the 2/55 result either, but those are definately false alarms.

1.2.0.8 is online, you can find the changelog here: Changelog
    Edit:
    The auto create and auto-delete features for tasks didn't make it - I will release them with 1.3, they are not quite finished yet, but I just wanted to release 1.2
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-11-29 at 07:31 PM.