Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The reason why i ask is because this was a known bug "back in the day" when I developed the first version. In a future version I will manually remove zero gold entries.

I have 2 toons that have zeroed out on their gold, but are nowhere near gold cap, no idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    I have 2 toons that have zeroed out on their gold, but are nowhere near gold cap, no idea why.
    This bug will be fixed in the next version, no data will be lost (well, except the zero gold entries of course).
    Also coming: Reputations (design not final), PvP and a feed:

Quote Originally Posted by inexcitus View Post
    This bug will be fixed in the next version, no data will be lost (well, except the zero gold entries of course).
    Also coming: Reputations (design not final), PvP and a feed:

Nice! Have you considered adding naval missions as well?

Quote Originally Posted by vvaniish View Post
    Nice! Have you considered adding naval missions as well?
    They are already in. The only thing i change with 1.7.0 on the missions tab is a new icon.

Maybe naval mission will get a blue background?

1.7.0 should be online within the next week, it's just hard to continue programming when it's nearly 40°C outside

They are already in. The only thing i change with 1.7.0 on the missions tab is a new icon.

Maybe naval mission will get a blue background?

1.7.0 should be online within the next week, it's just hard to continue programming when it's nearly 40°C outside
    Ooooh, I didn't realize they were in. Silly me. It looks so similar to when you hover the mouse pointer over it that I just overlooked it.

Quote Originally Posted by vvaniish View Post
    Ooooh, I didn't realize they were in. Silly me. It looks so similar to when you hover the mouse pointer over it that I just overlooked it.
    What you can see in the screenshot is in fact the mouseover effect
    I'm not sure if I'll add the blue overlay....we'll see.

Today I kept on working on the PvP Tab:

83/17 ratio....what's up with that?

1.7.0 is up:

• New Tab "Reputations"
    • Mission Type Icon
    • The default item color now is black instead of white.
    • Fixed a bug with mission names containing a ':'
    • The "0 Gold" bug should be "cleaned" when starting the program for the first time.

I wasted a lot of time with the (upcoming...) PvP Tab, but it's just too buggy, the Blizzard API returns invalid data (or no data at all) in 9/10 cases.
    So I will focus on a progression tab.

anyway we can get a character purge to just remove a toon from the list?

also seems my resources tab, the numbers go all batty and way off ,eg: just looted it on 1 and within 5 mins it said it should be at 300+, which we know it totally wrong.

but i gotta say i LOVE this little program, makes tracking all my alt's stuff a breeze!

anyway we could maybe get it to track the amount of garrison resources and maybe even oil on toons?

the rosources would be great for when you need to buy stuff from trade post so you know who has the most resources, or who is coming close to maxing out as well.

"If you watch Godzilla in reverse, it's about a giant lizard repairing Tokyo and then Moonwalking into the ocean."

Hm...both Oil and Garrison Resources are being tracked. The scenario you described is also already implemented.

Tracking of currencies (or do you mean a history tracking?):

Which toon has the most of a certain currency?

1.7.1 is up, very small update:

- Improved startup time.
    - Bugfix regarding naval mission duration.

Next up is the Windows 10 release, i want to use the Windows 10 notification center.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1.7.1 is up, very small update:

- Improved startup time.
    - Bugfix regarding naval mission duration.

Next up is the Windows 10 release, i want to use the Windows 10 notification center.
    Hey inexcitus, I first posted on your thread (first reply) and I've loved your program since.

However, for the past month, I've been unable to use your program at all because it continues crashing on me. I've tried un-installing, re-installing, and it continues to crash to the point where it's not even worth opening or having on my computer anymore.

I was using this fine up until the first post on this thread came up regarding crashes, but I haven't been able to fix it at all, and your newest updates haven't resolved the situation for me at all. I love the program, but I'm wondering if there's something I must not be doing to fix it, because I'd love to get back to using it. I swap around toons far too often and inefficiently because tracking my toons isn't the same without warcrafttools for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathral2 View Post
    Hey inexcitus, I first posted on your thread (first reply) and I've loved your program since.

However, for the past month, I've been unable to use your program at all because it continues crashing on me. I've tried un-installing, re-installing, and it continues to crash to the point where it's not even worth opening or having on my computer anymore.

I was using this fine up until the first post on this thread came up regarding crashes, but I haven't been able to fix it at all, and your newest updates haven't resolved the situation for me at all. I love the program, but I'm wondering if there's something I must not be doing to fix it, because I'd love to get back to using it. I swap around toons far too often and inefficiently because tracking my toons isn't the same without warcrafttools for me.
    I'm in the same boat. except mine crashes before it even loads up. Is this being compiled for optimization on a single cpu or is it set to the default "AnyCPU"? I understand that even if it's compiled for 32bit it should still run fine on a 64bit installation but event viewer is tracing the crash back to the 32bit kernelbase every time.

It is compiled for "Any CPU".
    Because the program runs fine for me, it's pretty difficult to trace back the problem without further information.
    Let me just try some things out

Edit: If you run into problems with the program, PM me!! I really didn't know about the error until now
    Edit2: Installing VirtualBox again...
    Edit3: Installed VirtualBox and a fresh Windows 8 - everything works fine...so i guess it's not the program - I suspect the *.lua files.

- Clear all the WTF files of WarcraftTools. (WarcraftTools.lua in SavedVariables folders)
    - Is there a GoldData.xml file? If so, delete or rename it temporarily.
    - (Temporarily) rename C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\WarcraftTools to something else
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-07-27 at 04:39 PM.

Because the program runs fine for me, it's pretty difficult to trace back the problem without further information.

Edit: If you run into problems with the program, PM me!! I really didn't know about the error until now
    Edit3: Installed VirtualBox and a fresh Windows 8 - everything works fine...so i guess it's not the program - I suspect the *.lua files.

- Clear all the WTF files of WarcraftTools. (WarcraftTools.lua in SavedVariables folders)
    - (Temporarily) rename C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\WarcraftTools to something else
    I'm sorry I didn't think of deleting those files! That seems to have fixed the issue. You rock! Thanks again for this extremely helpful program!

Deleted
    I can assure(!) you, that the program is not malicious!
    Oh if you assure is then it must be true because all of the bad guys tell you up front that their programs are malicious.

I changed the App to x86 (will still run at x64), downside is: You have to reinstall it because the old ClickOnce manifest is not compatible with the new version.
    The old database will still work.
    Last edited by inexcitus; 2015-07-28 at 04:12 PM.

Hi inexcitus,

I have a similar problem, did everything you said here, deleted lua files etc and I am able to run the program again, but only on a "clean" system. Once game saves any data (after logging out from a character) and any WarcraftTool lua file appears in SavedVariables folder, WT is closed automatically and I cannot run it again. Cleaning all lua files helps again until any char loggs out and "create" another lua file in SavedVariables folder. Any solution to that ?

thanks,
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by kristo View Post
    Hi inexcitus,

I have a similar problem, did everything you said here, deleted lua files etc and I am able to run the program again, but only on a "clean" system. Once game saves any data (after logging out from a character) and any WarcraftTool lua file appears in SavedVariables folder, WT is closed automatically and I cannot run it again. Cleaning all lua files helps again until any char loggs out and "create" another lua file in SavedVariables folder. Any solution to that ?

thanks,
    regards
    It appears that it crashes every time WT wants to access the database. Did you try 1.7.1.6 (you have to reinstall this version). Does it still crash?
    If so, I finally have to get rid of the SQLite stuff and replace it with the default .NET stuff. That's actually not really complicated, but I think the old database will be incompatible and I have to write a converter - or else the old data (gold) is lost.

It appears that it crashes every time WT wants to access the database. Did you try 1.7.1.6 (you have to reinstall this version). Does it still crash?
    If so, I finally have to get rid of the SQLite stuff and replace it with the default .NET stuff. That's actually not really complicated, but I think the old database will be incompatible and I have to write a converter - or else the old data (gold) is lost.
    Hi,

I have v 1.7.1.6 installed (re-installed WT completely) but it didn't help. On a side note, it started happening after one of recent updates 1.6.x. Before that it was working ok (tested on 2 different machines with different Win), after updating to 1.6 problems started,

regards