Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Remove racials in Arena.

Title.

I do not want to be forced to play human, I do not want to be forced to play Alliance for that matter. But if you want to compete at a decent level, it is almost a MUST. You shouldn't have to play a certain race because of its racial.

If you look at the 3s leaderboard you get a good idea of how broken and dominant racials are. The top 500 contains only 7 horde, and a gazillion of humans.
    Last edited by mmoc9ab4719f12; 2015-05-10 at 03:26 PM.

Relax, in the next patch the human racial will be nerfed, holinka said it.

They literally just announced a change to Trinkets in PvP, which would dramatically adjust the use of Racials, especially the Every Man for Himself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    They literally just announced a change to Trinkets in PvP, which would dramatically adjust the use of Racials, especially the Every Man for Himself.
    You realize that the trinkets they are changing (back) to a 1-minute cooldown are the ones that give you versatility on use and not the CC breaking one right? This will not change anything when it comes to racials.

While it makes absolutely perfect sense to not have an arbitrary choice, such as what race you originally chose to play, affect a player fighting chance in the arena, it would net revenue losses for Blizzard. Blizzard will never shut down a cost-free revenue stream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    While it makes absolutely perfect sense to not have an arbitrary choice, such as what race you originally chose to play, affect a player fighting chance in the arena, it would net revenue losses for Blizzard. Blizzard will never shut down a cost-free revenue stream.
    I hope this is not true, after all it's still a subscription based game. We're already paying our fair share. I don't care about the vanity items you can buy trough the shop though but it would be another thing entirely if they do not balance out gameplay for the sake of revenue.

Deleted
    remove racials.
    open up free faction/race change for everyone.
    enable cross-faction arenas.

PvP saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    remove racials.

PvP saved.
    This.
    If they remove racials but dont open up free faction/race change, the people will hate blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    This.
    If they remove racials but dont open up free faction/race change, the people will hate blizzard.
    People hate Blizzard anyway. A shitload of people hate Electronic Arts. Doesn't fucking matter, what matters is the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I play Night Elf at a very high level in pvp and I wouldn't change shadowmeld for anything (I'm rogue). I don't think the human racial is so game breaking as people like to call it, certainly it adds some to the overall picture but I don't think anyone who ever lost a game wouldn't have lost it if the opponent wasn't human.

As with everything else in wow we tend to blame things for our own failures. I lost the game so it must be that the opponent was human. When they nerf it and I lose again what will I blame?

I think racials add to the pvp game and the versatile (sic) environment. Banning them would only add to further homogenization of classes/specs.
    NE racial is good for rogues, ferals and healers. Rogues (combat rogues to be more precise), do not rely on burst as much as some other classes so you can change to another good racial and don't feel that much of a difference. But there are classes that the difference is huge, mainly those that rely on huge burst every minute or so (Bm hunters with trinket + BW or Frost DK with Pilar of Frost + Trinket are a few examples), in those cases being a human is much better.

That being said, I agree that removing the racials is not a good idea, because I also like the variation races USED to add. Nowadays every single fight above 2k is versus alliance (I play horde) and every DPS is human and every healer is either dwarf or NE. The variation has been gone since 6.0 hit.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2015-05-11 at 02:05 PM.

remove racials.
    enable cross-faction arenas and battlegrounds.

PvP saved.
    Fixed. No reason not to help every aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywin Lannister View Post
    A lot of people are misunderstanding this. They are changing the on-use DPS trinket back to a 1 minute cooldown, down from 2 minutes. The cc-break trinket is still a 2 minute cooldown, unchanged. This will not change the use of racials at all. If anything it makes the human racial better for certain classes that can line up their offensive cooldowns with a 1 minute cooldown (sub rogues with shadow dance etc).

They said they were going to look into changing the human racial, but they have been saying that for years now.
    I have said this many times, but they should just give every character of any race Every Man for Himself, and then give humans a new racial, and that would open up every race to be able to wear two useful trinkets.

Deleted
    remove racials.

PvP saved.
    You. We'll have none of that here... this is a local forum for local people and we'll have no common sense here.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic lore wise aren't horde and alliance at peace now? so why can't we have cross faction teams raids and everything. isn't factions themselves a dying mechanic? Doesn't it make sense to just unify it all?

Everyone has been saying to remove racials from the game period (at least all power-based ones) but I guess the stubborn design team knows better, so they kept them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightgerbil View Post
    You. We'll have none of that here... this is a local forum for local people and we'll have no common sense here.

- - - Updated - - -

On topic lore wise aren't horde and alliance at peace now? so why can't we have cross faction teams raids and everything. isn't factions themselves a dying mechanic? Doesn't it make sense to just unify it all?
    only in arenas

like in every pve video...alliance and horde are bff

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    NE racial is good for rogues, ferals and healers. Rogues (combat rogues to be more precise), do not rely on burst as much as some other classes so you can change to another good racial and don't feel that much of a difference.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=84654/bandits-guile
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51690/killing-spree

Deleted
    You are able to link two spells, congratulation. What I assume he meant is that CRogues are able through the combination of KS, Garrote (w/ one minute Vanish), Gouge, Kick and 10/20% damage buff to always maintain a lot of constant pressure that most other classes can't match. A warrior, dk or feral without their cooldowns are hardly bothersome as a healer if you aren't in deep dampening.

€: Just realized there are two very similar posts about racials right now; I already wrote my opinion in the other one, but to respond to the op, I don't think that racials matter enough for anyone below 2800 to warrant switching sides for it.
    Last edited by mmoc1647189497; 2015-05-12 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old John View Post
    Title.

I do not want to be forced to play human, I do not want to be forced to play Alliance for that matter. But if you want to compete at a decent level, it is almost a MUST. You shouldn't have to play a certain race because of its racial.

If you look at the 3s leaderboard you get a good idea of how broken and dominant racials are. The top 500 contains only 7 horde, and a gazillion of humans.
    And in MoP the leaderboard was mostly horde, the top players are all friends and want to be able to play with each other. Why don't you race change to human and magically become glad.

we can pray.... ally seems to have all best racials