Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alcohol Vs Marijuana Debate

Not drinking it (present)
    Not smoking it (present)
    Just a debate, which one is a healthier choice.

In the past, I was drinking all the time at parties, and I wasn't myself.
    friends were shocked how wild I was(lol)

Smoked couple of times and for me, it is kinda a better option personally.
    I didn't act different only had a nice high and I laughed all the time. I prefer this over alcohol

Depends on the person using either of the substances to be honest. Alcohol used at safe levels can be non-harmful, used over that, the body and mind can be well and truly fucked over, affecting nearly every part of your body, and brain. While cannabis doesn't do that, it can be really dangerous for anyone if they have any type of mental health issues.

So to sum up, neither are a healthy choice!

Like when you see someone with korsakoffs, i dunno, the end result of long term alcohol use scares the fuck out of me.

Both are probably preferable to using fucking legal highs or NPS tho ^^
    Last edited by infernity; 2015-05-10 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a test: Consume alcohol over a period of 6 hours and go to sleep and check how you feel the next day (Spoiler Alert: like crap!)
    Consume marihuana over a period of 6 hours and go to sleep and check how you feel the next day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wimbo125 View Post
    I've got a test: Consume alcohol over a period of 6 hours and go to sleep and check how you feel the next day (Spoiler Alert: like crap!)
    Consume marihuana over a period of 6 hours and go to sleep and check how you feel the next day.
    Depends on the amount of alcohol. I've had worse experience with smoking that when I tried it, I got real bad anxiety by it from just smoking a little. To get anywhere close to that with alcohol I have to drink a quite large amount.

Not a fan of those who abuse either, normally abusers use both of them and a few other drugs too.

Can tolerate someone who drinks occasionally, not someone who smokes.

Dont like either tbh, and both have problems, alcohol's issues are just more evident.
    Find both boring, and alcohol gives a nasty day-after if abused.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had only great experiences with both things, and if both were legal I'd probably alternate (leaning more towards alcohol). Health-wise I'm fairly certain marijuana is better for moderate consumption, and both are bad for addiction/excessive consumption.

As for usage they are, in my experience (which is very limited when it comes to marijuana), very different things for different situations. I wouldn't get high if it was a celebration or I was going out, and I wouldn't get drunk if I was just watching a movie before bed.

With the laws here and my group of friends it's unlikely I'll ever do much smoking though.

Something like 70% of crime in the US involves alcohol in some way, shame we can't get rid of it. Tried to get rid of it during Prohibition but it didn't work out.

Weed is the less harmful drug of the two but I don't buy the argument that weed is completely harmless, I know of at least two people who spend all their waking hours either stoned or looking for more weed, they never will be successful at anything.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Alcohol blows up your liver; weed blows up your brain. The amount of weed necessary to blow up your brain is, proportionally, much smaller than the amount of alcohol needed to start screwing up your liver.

Both are shit but if retarded people want them let them pay for it through more expensive healthcare, life insurance, auto insurance etc. afterall they increase risks and make people prone to health problems in the long term.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't do any of them. And people who say "Weed's good for you, lol.".

God I hate threads like this. So much ignorance it literally makes me facepalm. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Pai Mei View Post
    God I hate threads like this. So much ignorance it literally makes me facepalm. >.<
    Then enlighten instead of moaning

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only ever really do one or the other at different times in my life.

Will go a year or so where I drink as my primary "chill out" item. I will then get sick of it and switch to MJ for a year or so. Get sick of it and do neither for a year or two.
    Usually end up finding a partner and giving up both because I actually want to be alert when i'm with someone. Then we break up, and the Cycle begins anew.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i smoked weed, i never woke up thinking "oh fuck what did i do last night", i spend less money also when going out.

Thinking of it my life was better and my lungs did hurt less since well i didn't smoke cigarettes. The only thing i would do to annoy people is get really philosophical about the things in life but hey supposedly i do that when drunk to. When i smoked weed i also stuck to one drug, when i drink well yeah things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    You shouldn't do any of them. And people who say "Weed's good for you, lol.".
    Well, considering that there's strong evidence that cannabis can fight cancer, that statement may very well be true.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Well, considering that there's strong evidence that cannabis can fight cancer, that statement may very well be true.
    And it increases development/risk of other types, its not an universal cancer cure, but people generally dont read it all

15+ Year Old Account
    Alcohol is bad for your liver, causes inner personalities to come out. Some angry, some violent, some silly, some chatty. Has lots of calories and can make you fat really fast if you don't exercise and drink a lot. Makes you feel like shit the next day, dehydrates you, makes you piss a lot. Can die or suffer permanent damage from too much consumption in one sitting.

Have yet to meet a violent or angry stoner, or rather someone who gets angry and violent who is otherwise not. No real scientifically proven negative affects on health, but won't claim it's completely harmless because who knows? Has a multitude of medical applications for both pain and mental disorders. Many people however are allergic to it, and you can't avoid second hand smoke from it around people. The upside is that it can be put in food and consumed that way.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I drink socially, but I've never, nor will I ever smoke weed.

It absolutely stinks. My housemate does it, and we're about to kick him out the house because the smell is horrific. He's smoking strong stuff granted, but honestly, the smell is gross, and it's almost all he goes on about. When it was the "420 Holiday" it was all he went on about, and it was annoying.

I've never in my life known a more annoying group of immature fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    And it increases development/risk of other types, its not an universal cancer cure, but people generally dont read it all
    Never heard that before, sounds like you're just pulling that out of your ass. Do you actually have a valid source that links cannabis use to increased cancer rates? If you're going to go the lung cancer route, smoking isn't the only way to consume cannabis.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics