Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The word they use is projected quarterly income, but don't let not reading the quarterly reports or not knowing what you're talking about stop you from telling me I'm wrong.

In this quarter's report they even said that earnings were much higher than expected in the first paragraph, giving their estimated income for this quarter and the actual income.
    Coming from someone who does not know the difference between net and gross.

They say this every single quarter, ATVI are notorious for under estimating projected earnings to shareholders it is nothing more marketing - under promise, over deliver, however if you notice I mentioned budgeted figures which are the true indicator of their expectations.

Deleted
    they could just dump wow and still be swimming in bills

Deleted
    Dude,

get serious. Blizzard is actually "Activision Blizzard", they don't stand alone and the parent company would not let such a huge part of itself sink.

Also, read the actual earnings report instead of stopping at the catch-line "wow lost 3M subs"... Activision Blizzard has 4.48B cash/investments bank, they would survive just fine without WoW. Especially considering the income from other franchises and soon SC2 XP3 (around halloween) & Overwatch (by Christmas?).

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Considering there is sub mmo's with less than 1m subs and are still going strong means that blizz has to basically run out of subs before they turn the key on it.
    Yeah, I'm just saying...they aren't really going to start being heavily concerned with sub loss until they actually reach a definable low point. At this point all they have really lost are the people that came back for WoD's launch. I don't think they ever expected to sustain that 10 million subs they had at launch.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The issue is really going to be longevity. WoW, Diablo, Starcraft: All have had very long game lives. Will the new games?