Poll: Do you like the new "Timewalking" ?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Do you like or support the new "Timewalking" ?

Hi there! I want to state a few things here and i'd like to hear what you guys like about this and if you do support this.

To start with i have to say it's sweet to see these old dungeons again. They're bringing in a lot of nice old memories.
    However... i am pretty mad on blizzard doing this as it feels like they are far from creative. I want to see something NEW!
    I am not interested to come back to old stuffs.
    As well that i noticed on the PTR that these "Timewalking" dungeons will be during a certain TIME/DAYS... I "have" always played wow to avoid such things. I don't wanna feel: "NOW I MUST LOGON TO WOW TO DO THIS" I should be able to login and do what i want when i want and in this matter it makes me dislike this a lot.
    The difficulty of the dungeons feels way to easy today compared to how it actually was before. The things that striked me first was because a lot of abilitys and statics has changed and it all felt like i was blowing shit out of my way with or without a healer/tank. YET it's still PTR but i am sure not much will be changed in live.

What are your thoughts on the Timewalking? do you like it?

EDIT: Will this make you come back to wow if you are currently not active in it?
    Last edited by mmoc1404d70bfa; 2015-05-10 at 10:54 PM. Reason: More TEXT

I haven't seen the new Timewalking in action because I'm not currently subscribed. If it's not basically a resurrection of pre-Cata versions of classic dungeons like Deadmines, though, why would I want to waste my time in there when I can just go and solo the current version with no hassle? Kinda defeats the purpose of it being a TIME walk.

TL;DR: No Mr. Smite + Edwin Van Cleef, no Timewalking.

7+ Year Old Account
    The unfortunate thing is that Timewalker dungeons are locked to 2 weekends in every 7 (1 for BC dungeons, one for Wrath ones), or at least in my understand reading through patch notes anyway.

The problem I have more than anything with not only Timewalking dungeons, but most of 6.2's content in general, is it seems targeted almost solely at gear catchups. Timewalking gives 680+ gear, CM daily quests updated to give 680 gear, Tanaan in theory being Timeless Isle 2.0 etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not new content so it's a complete waste of time. I won't bother with it.

Its the wrong one so. I hate it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    It's poorly implemented, so no. Not in it's current form.

As Wrathonia stated above, and I agree 100%.
    No.

Recycling old content is definitely not something I'd like to see more of.

If it was accompanied with few new dungeons in the patch, fine. But it's instead. Blizzard can excuse all they want it's not instead, but then where are the new dungeons?

No one's answered me at all... does this mean Blizzard are resurrecting the old pre-Cata Vanilla dungeons for this mode, or does it mean more of the same we've had since Cata? Because if it's just Cata shit but at our level, fuck it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until they allow us to do them whenever we want instead of 2 weekends out of 7, I don't support it. I'm just surprised they didn't say you can only run one dungeon a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SMBComix View Post
    No one's answered me at all... does this mean Blizzard are resurrecting the old pre-Cata Vanilla dungeons for this mode, or does it mean more of the same we've had since Cata? Because if it's just Cata shit but at our level, fuck it all.
    Nobody has answered you because if you bothered to spend the 30 seconds to read the post on the front page about it, you'd know the answer to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Don't care for dungeons I played already over 9000 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every decision in this expansion has been a catastrophe. WoD lost more subs in 5 months than Cata did in 2 years. I don't support Timewalking, because it is more of the same horrible decision making. They need to go back to their Wrath model and do what actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Until they allow us to do them whenever we want instead of 2 weekends out of 7, I don't support it. I'm just surprised they didn't say you can only run one dungeon a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody has answered you because if you bothered to spend the 30 seconds to read the post on the front page about it, you'd know the answer to that.
    I would if it wasn't Blizzard's own writing. They and I aren't on good terms at the moment and I'm still waiting for them to entice me back into their fold. Besides, what the fuck is so hard about answering my question? A simple "Yes, we WILL be able to kill Edwin Van Cleef and the rest again" or "No, we will NOT be able to kill Edwin Van Cleef and the rest again" would suffice.

I like it, but it needs to be a weekly rather than weekend thing. Should be on a cycle like this:
    Week 1: TBC
    Week 2: WotLK
    Week 3: Cata
    Week 4: MoP
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I like the idea, it'll be nice to breathe some new life into old dungeons. BUT. I think the concept could be expanded upon to great success. Not sure if they're feeling it out, similar to garrison and will evolve the concept, or if they just wanna bring this in, as is. I'm sure it'll depend on how successful this goes.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2015-05-11 at 12:43 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    I like the idea of having every dungeon in the game available to me in one big great random pool of dungeons. There would be a ton of diversity.

However, as it currently stands the Timewalker feature doesn't really solve that problem. It will still be cool to run those dungeons whenever they are available, but this could have been so much better.

It's fucking stupid, IMO. It "adds content" by literally upscaling old content. That's not new nor exciting to anyone except those who really loved the content (and from what they picked, I could care less) or didn't even get to see it when it was still relevant.

This system should instead be working on a level sync system, similar to that of FFXIV where if you do a lower level dungeon with your friends, you can scale down to their level and still get relevant-to-your-level rewards.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Nah. I think it is high time Blizzard starts being at least a bit original. I'm tired of all the timetravel, rehashing and alternate realities.

Cool idea but seeing it actually put into play makes me realize how useless it is. So we are going to just do the same dungeons we did in 2007-2009 again for scaled up loot. It will be fun that is for sure. But I think it kind of underscores how stupid of an idea it was to start.

BTW what made those places hard was how mechanically different the game was back then. The boss's did not have a lot of mechanics at all but if you played the "wrong" class then some fights were damn near impossible. Arcatraz comes to mind as really favoring certain classes in the party until after the T6-equiv badge gear came out in Sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it better if it wasn't arbitrarily limited to create the illusion of urgency and exclusivity. It's just another half-assed implementation in an expansion full of half-assed implementation.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!