Poll: Would you play a single-player Warcraft RPG of Blizzard made one?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SUGGESTION: Single-Player Warcraft RPG -- would you play it?

So, I had this idea of Blizzard perhaps, one day, creating a single-player offline RPG set in the Warcraft universe. It'd be either an action-RPG like Diablo or, alternatively, Skyrim; or, perhaps, a top-down turn-based RPG like Fallout 1 and 2.

My question to you is: would you play it? Yes? No? Maybe?

this is assuming wow is totally dead right? They wouldn't do such a thing otherwise, so yea id play it in a futile attempt to fill the void, never will happen, but yes i would hypothetically.

People would play a warcraft version of minesweeper or angry birds if there was one.

Silly question.

A vast majority of Warcraft fans are still waiting for Warcraft 4 (albeit a mix of RPG and RTS), so, yes, most people would play it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah.

Without question. I'd absolutely love to play a game like that.
    Yak. Yak never changes.

Of course, and I wouldn't even mind if it began immediately after the events of Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne.

Elder Scrolls Warcraft? For sure. The game finally able to have real mods and total conversions? Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Of course, and I wouldn't even mind if it began immediately after the events of Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne.
    I'd be partial to it using the timeframe and aesthetic from the Warcraft movie, myself, but yeah. I wouldn't mind a complete retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    Elder Scrolls Warcraft? For sure. The game finally able to have real mods and total conversions? Yeah!
    Hell yeah! Open modding's the best part!

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    People would play a warcraft version of minesweeper or angry birds if there was one.
    That sums my thoughts. As long as it's a good or at least fun game, I'll play anything Warcraft related.

What if the game in question had a persistent open-world that you could continue to explore/adventure through infinitely after the main story was finished? Would you guys like that? I sure would.

If they used the Heroes of the Storm engine and made a proper campaign, I'd be all over it.

WoW's engine is far too aged for my taste for a singleplayer game. It's low end graphics are ideal for multiplay, like raids, not a singleplayer immersive experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    If they used the Heroes of the Storm engine and made a proper campaign, I'd be all over it.

WoW's engine is far too aged for my taste for a singleplayer game. It's low end graphics are ideal for multiplay, like raids, not a singleplayer immersive experience.
    I dunno. I think the new character models are pretty good, as well as the new building models in our garrisons.

Given how cliche and samey the last few single player storys blizzard have put out im inclined to say no. Theres only so many tales of metzens "broken and corrupted women fetish" and ancient evils i can take.

As long as it has better writers than who is currently writing warcraft stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    As long as it has better writers than who is currently writing warcraft stuff.
    So basically as long as it's not Blizzard writing the story?

Ok. That'd kinda defeat the purpose of it being Warcraft, but whatever.

Deleted
    Just play on a normal pop server at off-peak times, same thing pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Erm..Diablo is ONLINE
    I don't mean Diablo III. I mean the first one, and the second.

I'd honestly prefer a Skyrim or Fallout style but that's just me. Diablo's still fun though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd need to have a lot more RPG depth than what we have right now

Quote Originally Posted by alltrueist View Post
    It'd need to have a lot more RPG depth than what we have right now
    Well, it'd be a single-player OFFLINE RPG, so I'd think that goes without saying. WoW simply can't have that sort of depth because it's an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might actually happen, a reverse ESO. The Warcraft universe spans thousands of years and has numerous opportunities to deliver an epic single player adventure. I want a Hack-and-slash God of War style starring Illidan during the War of the Ancients myself.